Blue is the Colour - SOTBDWC nbg - January 2020

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Re: Blue is the Colour - SOTBDWC nbg - January 2020

Post by Soporsche »

Seiko make some lovely blues, only have this one at moment..
srpb21j1_3.jpg
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:59 pm Great post, Neil! I just put a recently sold blue dial C3 in the post yesterday, but I still have a couple. My C65 Trident Diver is probably the ultimate summer watch in my collection – looks fantastic on a nice sunny day.
Thanks Steve. Some Sun would make a change to the last few days rain!
timor54 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 pm Seiko certainly do some interesting blue dials. This is my current favourite.

WRT the comments concerning their size. Yes on paper their dimensions would seem large, however in my experience they wear well, in particular the Turtle with its cushion shaped case.
Tim I have been looking at that particular model Turtle on a SC elsewhere. I have held out so far. Looks good on the Barton strap. :thumbup:
downer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:27 pm Nice set of blue dials, Neil - especially the newbie.
Thanks Richard - I am very pleased with the newbie.

I saw elsewhere that you have parted with one of your blue dials :). Mind you that bezel would have been a bugger to refinish if you had an off on the bike and were wearing it at the time.

Are you the same chap that having bought a 2nd bike then sold it, as one was enough? :wink:
Viognier wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:38 pm Great post and I enjoyed the read, back stories and pics. Thrilled I'm not the only one who has to resist buying blue dialed watches every time there is a release! Thanks for posting.
Thanks Lance. Yep easy enough to get caught up with blue dials. I am sure you have already noticed there are a number of tasty blue dial PAMs to check out! :)
Soporsche wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:11 pm Seiko make some lovely blues, only have this one at moment..
srpb21j1_3.jpg
I reckon it would be possible to base an entire collection around Seiko. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Feeling anything but blue now Neil. Some lovely dials amongst those.

If choosing one based solely on looks, it'd be your C60 blue. Still got a huge soft spot for that watch.

Nice sub-collection :thumbup:
Ryan
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^^^ Thanks Ryan. I see you still have one shown in your avatar.

Neil
TZ-UK
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Well spotted, although I'll be honest and admit that is just me being lazy :lol:
Ryan
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

nbg wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:19 pm
downer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:27 pm Nice set of blue dials, Neil - especially the newbie.
Thanks Richard - I am very pleased with the newbie.

I saw elsewhere that you have parted with one of your blue dials :). Mind you that bezel would have been a bugger to refinish if you had an off on the bike and were wearing it at the time.

Are you the same chap that having bought a 2nd bike then sold it, as one was enough? :wink:

Neil
Yes, the YM went today. It was an easy decision as it is the one watch that didn't really fit into my current (and future) lifestyle. Having said that, if I have an off on the bike, I suspect the watch bezel will be the least of my concerns. :D

And yes, I am that chap. Turns out my bike-related pronouncements are about as accurate as my watch-related ones...
Richard
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

timor54 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 pm Seiko certainly do some interesting blue dials. This is my current favourite.

WRT the comments concerning their size. Yes on paper their dimensions would seem large, however in my experience they wear well, in particular the Turtle with its cushion shaped case.
Are those non parallel lines designed to make you seasick? Looking at that dial 'screensize' is certainly making me feel queasy! :(

Cheers,

Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Great idea Neil. I like all of them and in many ways I’m tempted to say the Milgauss is my favourite. If only it had a *straight* orange second hand in place of the “lightning bolt” I’d possibly still own mine. I know many people love the second hand, but it was “that one thing” that made me sell it, as I always felt it was a bit of a bad joke.

I like the idea of a colour themed SOTC; maybe I’ll order my next one by colour... :thumbup:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Great to see that I was able to assist with your blue dial sub-collection, Neil, and that the SKX is being put to proper 'wet' use.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

All very nice indeed. Looking at both the zblue and the trident which I owned I find them both still attractive. Making the c9 at 43 mm was a strange decision for a dress watch and the reason my white one left.
Cheers now, Paul
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

gaf1958 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:27 am Great idea Neil. I like all of them and in many ways I’m tempted to say the Milgauss is my favourite. If only it had a *straight* orange second hand in place of the “lightning bolt” I’d possibly still own mine. I know many people love the second hand, but it was “that one thing” that made me sell it, as I always felt it was a bit of a bad joke.

I like the idea of a colour themed SOTC; maybe I’ll order my next one by colour... :thumbup:
Gary presumably with a colour themed SOTC of a thread per colour, you may just end up at slightly less than 20 watches per thread (well, other than black dials at probably north of 50)! :)

I reckon they will either discontinue, or completely redesign the MG sooner, rather than later, having already cut from four to two varieties.
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:30 pm Great to see that I was able to assist with your blue dial sub-collection, Neil, and that the SKX is being put to proper 'wet' use.

Guy
Funny thing is that pic was taken at the only time the watch has been underwater. I had intended to take it to Greece last year, but my stick it in a bowl of water test ended up with bubbles from between the bezel insert and crystal. No idea whether that was just air trapped under the bezel insert, so decided not to risk it. Ended up using a Submariner and NF instead.
stefs wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:59 pm All very nice indeed. Looking at both the zblue and the trident which I owned I find them both still attractive. Making the c9 at 43 mm was a strange decision for a dress watch and the reason my white one left.
IIRC correctly we both ended up buying the Z-Blue within a couple of weeks of each other. 43mm C9 yep, I think that CW have often had models that didn’t really fit into one of their defined categories.

Neil
TZ-UK