SOTC: EddieTheBeast Jan 2020

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

SOTC: EddieTheBeast Jan 2020

Post by EddieTheBeast »

This is my watch collection after three years of collecting. I have only retained two watches since my SOTC a year ago (Seiko Alpinist and Seiko SKX007). I have no watches in my collection from 2 years ago

Divers:

I have gone from four divers to now two divers a black and a blue. My black diver is the Seiko SKX007. For my blue diver: I bought a Seiko Samurai Save the Ocean in January, but sold it in June - this was because I didn't like the dial getting darker blue at the bottom - and also because I bought a Seiko Turtle 'Blue Lagoon' which was similar, but my preference.

Seiko Turtle 'Blue Lagoon'

Seiko SKX007

Chronograph:

Two quartz chronographs have gone from the collection and have been replaced by a new automatic chronograph. This watch looks much better in real than photos - a great looking watch, perfect size for me and with a nice movement which has an interesting history.

Perpetual Chronograph

Field:

The Alpinist has stayed in my collection from last year. The perfect field watch.

Seiko SARB017 'Alpinist'

Dress:

I have a new dress watch which I have left on the strap it came on, as I really like it. This is really smart looking and changes colour from silver to light blue depending on the light.

Seiko Cocktail Time 'Skydiving'

Aviation:

This is now my only Christopher Ward. I really like the 42mm size - and the watch is in as new condition.

Christopher Ward C10 Avitor MkI

My other new aviator watch is currently my most worn watch. It has a fantastic domed acrylic crystal and the lume on it is excellent.

Lew & Huey Phantom

I am really happy with all seven watches - so have no plans to sell any. I might buy one more watch in 2020 to get my collection back up to 8 watches. I would really like another automatic chronograph, especially an aviation type (I do like the Christopher Ward C9 Me 109 SPC) or possibly a motorsport type.

Six of the seven watches were bought off the Christopher Ward Forum 'Sales Corner', the Seiko Cocktail Time I purchased from new.

Thanks for looking. Happy watch hunting for 2020 :-)
Dean
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: SOTC: EddieTheBeast Jan 2020

Post by StrapMeister »

That's a great collection you have there Dean...some very nice pieces :thumbup:
Glad to see the Alpinist is still there :wink: :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

That's a lovely 'tight' collection you have there Dean and good to see you have two of my cast off / hand me downs. :lol:

Seriously, good to see the C10 and Phantom. :thumbup:

To me the stand out piece, which punches well above its weight (cost), is the hand wound Perpetual. Great classic style piece.

Do you have anything particular in mind for 2020 that you would like to get?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

That's an excellent collection you have Dean with a nice variety of colours and styles.

My favourites are actually all the Seikos - the Blue Turtle, the Alpinist (what a beautiful green dial that has) and the Presage Cocktail Time (I used to own one of these myself, the ice blue dial is also amazing on these. I wasn't so keen on the patent leather strap and deployant and put it on a CW strap/bader).

If you are looking for an auto chrono, then maybe CW will tempt you if this is going to be the "year of the chrono" for them :)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

StrapMeister wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:51 pm That's a great collection you have there Dean...some very nice pieces :thumbup:
Glad to see the Alpinist is still there :wink: :D
Thanks Nigel - I've never stopped loving the Alpinist! :wink:
Dean
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:07 pm That's a lovely 'tight' collection you have there Dean and good to see you have two of my cast off / hand me downs. :lol:

Seriously, good to see the C10 and Phantom. :thumbup:

To me the stand out piece, which punches well above its weight (cost), is the hand wound Perpetual. Great classic style piece.

Do you have anything particular in mind for 2020 that you would like to get?

Guy
Thanks Guy, I'm so glad I finally bought the C10 off you - and your old Phantom off Uncle Dicky! Both great peices and still in as new condition. The Phantom as hardly been off my wrist since it arrived!!

I agree with your comments on the Perpetual. I'm thinking of getting the Di-modell Nevada strap (that came with my Alpinist) also in black, so I can wear the watch more!

As for 2020 I'm first going to see what appears in the CW sales! I do also keep looking at the DH 1962!
Dean
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:51 pm That's an excellent collection you have Dean with a nice variety of colours and styles.

My favourites are actually all the Seikos - the Blue Turtle, the Alpinist (what a beautiful green dial that has) and the Presage Cocktail Time (I used to own one of these myself, the ice blue dial is also amazing on these. I wasn't so keen on the patent leather strap and deployant and put it on a CW strap/bader).

If you are looking for an auto chrono, then maybe CW will tempt you if this is going to be the "year of the chrono" for them :)
Thanks Patrick. The Seikos: blue Lagoon and Alpinist really shine in the sun! Lovely watches and going up in value! I realise most people take off the shiney black leather strap, with blue stitching that the 'Skydiving' Cocktail Time comes on! But I really do like it!

Yes, I'm looking forward to the new CW chrono watches!
Dean
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Looking good Dean! My favourites would be the blue lagoon (I have one of those) and the Perpetual. I’m very partial to a hand wound chronograph (it keeps the watch thinner) and that one looks equally nice from either the front or the back... :thumbup:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

gaf1958 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:17 am Looking good Dean! My favourites would be the blue lagoon (I have one of those) and the Perpetual. I’m very partial to a hand wound chronograph (it keeps the watch thinner) and that one looks equally nice from either the front or the back... :thumbup:
Thanks Gary, those two are definitely the quality watches of my collection!
Dean
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Count me in for the fantastic Perpetual as the pick of the litter! Appreciate the SOTC post and quite the turnover within your collection. It's liberating when you dial in and figure out what watches work for yourself. Congrats !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

Viognier wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:55 pm Count me in for the fantastic Perpetual as the pick of the litter! Appreciate the SOTC post and quite the turnover within your collection. It's liberating when you dial in and figure out what watches work for yourself. Congrats !
Thanks. Yes, I was lucky to get the Perpetual at a very good price off another Forum member - though it feels like a very expensive watch when I wear it! I agree that it's nice when you're not looking to sell any of your collection, because you're happy with them all.
Dean
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

I didn't know the brand Lew & Huey, but this Phantom is a really interesting model.

I watched just now and it's an affordable Watch.
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

hyperion wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:18 pm I didn't know the brand Lew & Huey, but this Phantom is a really interesting model.

I watched just now and it's an affordable Watch.
Lew & Huey have now become NTH which stands for nod to history, they are based in the USA. The list price is $550, but Long Island Watches have it for $225, which imo is a steal for this fantastic watch. The domed acrylic crystal is excellent! and so is the lume which includes the bezel! I was lucky enough to buy mine off another member of this forum for £69, which was in as new condition. It has been my most worn watch since I recieved it in the middle of last year.
Dean
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

£69 very good deal !
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I enjoyed reading that, complete with some excellent outdoors pics.

My favourites are the Turtle and Alpinist; two watches that I have often looked at thinking I would like to try them at some stage.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK