SOTC - Danbailey007 - September 2019

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

SOTC - Danbailey007 - September 2019

Post by Danbailey007 »

As I've been a member nearly a year now I figured it was time to get one of these up.
IMG_20190914_153618.jpg
Starting top left and working along as that is the order I got them in -

Avia - don't know too much about this watch, given to me when my grandad passed when I was only little. Never wear it but would also never consider parting with it.

Fossil Blue - the first watch I bought with my own money back in 2005. Think it was about £40 and can't fault it.

Fossil Grey - I got this on a mini cruise for my wife's (then girlfriend) 21st back in 2006. This cost me £100 and I love the different look option it gave me.

Fossil Brown - this was a Christmas present from my other half around 2012 I think. Again another colour which gave me options.

Citizen Eco-Drive - bought for me as a wedding/job promotion present from my wife in 2015. Had been looking to get a new watch that wasn't battery powered for a while when this caught my eye. Got it in a sale at a high street jewellers for £125 I think it was which I thought was a bargain. Again, different colour for more options, this stayed on the wrist until my next purchase.....

C65 Trident Vintage Black - picked this up in the nearly new section in 2018 after being on the hunt for a mechanical watch from a British brand. Was looking for quite a while until I finally bit the bullet. This became the ever present until.....

C60 Trident Bronze - another from the nearly new section back in December, early Christmas present to myself and a bit of an impulse purchase. Don't regret it at all!

Elliot Brown Canford - another impulse purchase, this time from eBay. Saw a few of these around on the forum and liked their style, couldn't resist when this came up as a bit of a bargain! Mountain Rescue LE which I believe is now sold out and they have done a MK2.

That's all for now, still space for a few more! Hoping to fill with a Omega SMP or Planet Ocean at some point if funds ever allow as I can't see me selling any of these (not really worth it) and I really need to start rotating more!

This also doesn't include the multitude of straps I seem to keep buying to stop me buying watches :lol:
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: SOTC - Danbailey007 - September 2019

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

The box is filling nicely, Dan. A good variety there, and an Omega such as you mention would be a good step up.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:15 pm The box is filling nicely, Dan. A good variety there, and an Omega such as you mention would be a good step up.
Thanks Steve. I think the next purchase will be a more luxury brand, eyes have been on Omega for a while but others do catch my eye, I blame this forum entirely!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

A nice collection there Dan :thumbup:

I believe that Avia were taken over by Fossil then the name was discontinued.
...and confirmed in this article: https://www.antiques-atlas.com/antiques/maker/avia
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

Thanks, that's why I like this place - everyone has valuable incites and I learn something new all the time :thumbup:
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Enjoyed the pictures and post Dan, especially the back story on each watch!

From personal experience, start a watch fund for your Omega and soon it will be in striking distance for purchase
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

Viognier wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:45 pm Enjoyed the pictures and post Dan, especially the back story on each watch!

From personal experience, start a watch fund for your Omega and soon it will be in striking distance for purchase
Thanks, thought a bit of back story might make it a bit more interesting to read!

Already have some savings that is working towards Omega funds but with a new baby in the house and an endless list of work that the house needs I'm a bit reluctant to spend. I do deserve a treat though :lol:
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Thanks for sharing Dan and nice to see the evolution of your collection.

It sounds as though we're in the same boat re. watch funds.
As tough as it is, keep plugging away at the savings though, will make it more worthwhile in the end.
Ryan
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Looking at this makes me wish I’d have kept some of my cheap quartz watches from before I got into mechanicals rather than chucking them in the bin when the batteries went.
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

Nice to see a few budgets in a box. Got a fossil myself and its a great watch for not much moolah :-)
So many watches, yet still so little time!