Bahnstormer_vRS - CWs (plus) and Other Brands - August 2019

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Bahnstormer_vRS - CWs (plus) and Other Brands - August 2019

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

strapline wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:32 pm Woah... Never seen anything like that!

If there is a collective noun for watches, when they reach your number, it should be a 'proliferation'. No...'murmuration' is better, a better visual image, me thinks. It doesn't look like you do anything approaching small(ish); and heaven's forbid, dress. In the other brands, the Elliot Brown Canford is clearly a design language that speaks to you. I would imagine that date changes and clocks going forwards/back precipitates a day off work. :lol:

Enjoy them all...in the very best of health. :thumbup:
Small? Got a C65 Sandhurst last November. That's small enough I think.

Dress? Nothing specifically dress, although I tend to use my Visitor Duneshore occasionally.

Date changes? On an 'as required' basis.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:12 pm
Simplest way for me to explain myself, Stephen, is to invite you to read my first SOTC from December 2014, posted having been a forum member for a little over two years and 3,000 posts.

I feel the forum has a lot to answer for thereafter. :oops:
Aha, Im now up to speed and thoroughly enjoyed the 3000 post SOTC thread, interesting read and pics. Great watch journey and some very nice pieces along the way.
The Kemmner was interesting to me as I stumbled on an interesting watch (Kemmner) couple of years ago and was close to buying when Roland retired and shut up shop. Anyway I sort of moved on but still like some of his pieces.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:18 pm
H0rati0 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:23 am How you manage all those Guy is way beyond me! Awesome.
Simple really. I have a number of watch boxes. Take a watch out, wear it, put it back. Simples. :eek: (sorry, being flippant).

In reality; with difficulty. :oops:

I have a fabled Excel Spreadsheet, on which I record each watch and details of the purchase and sale.

If I were to bring it up to date, which i really ought to, it would probably extend beyond 200 entries. :D

Guy
I also have a spreadsheet (a little sad possibly) and need to create some sort of dashboard to only consider watches I still have while still keeping records of all the watches I've ever bought and sold...!!!!