Tally SOTC update May 2020

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Tally SOTC update May 2020

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

That’s a heck of a turnaround, Tally.

Which one’s the beater? :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Tally
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Tally »

I have had a few more that were not in the 2018 SoTC over the two years, to name a few of which there was a Tudor BBB, Bremont s300 and a SARB035 that I moved on to a fellow forumite here... but it got me hankering for a GS.

I tried so so hard with the Trident Ombre but was not satisfied with the dial as despite two attempts they both had a wonky 9 indice and my OCD just couldn't get past it.
After that I decided that I would not buy anymore...(which we all know is impossible) and decided I wanted to get a grail piece or two so settled on saving money and moving on pieces that I no longer wore.

I picked up a pre-owned white dialled AT last April after moving on the Longines and Hammy and missing the Sarb.... still hankering for a GS.
After which I moved on the BBB and SMP to offset my purchase of the Explorer that I picked over the Easter break in 2019.

I then had a a fair few good months of getting bonuses at work and the local jewellers in Banbury that I have a good relationship with did me a fantastic offer on my PO last August just before the prices went up. So grail#2 achieved.

I got to know the names and faces in Francis & Gaye in Coventry over the last two years also, so kept popping into them and admiring the GS range...trying on various others etc. Thats when I decided to sell some others and go for my hankering of a GS.
So I moved on the Bremont, a few of the CW's (C60 Titanium and Vintage) and after trying on several GS I went for the 373G at a good price from them.... that's grail#3

Then Jan 2020 came around and after picking up a cheap G shock for work wear I went by the jewellers in Banbury and got flagged in by one of the guys and after taking the P out of me for the Casio they proceeded to grace me with their new showroom layout.... I had no intention of buying anything but I was drawn to the Railmaster Denim...despite being the Omega equivalent to my Explorer.... I lasted all of two weeks when I thought sod it and went and purchased it.

I had also sold one of my two cars, so used that money to fund the Railmaster and had also not worn the Sinn for ages despite picking up a watch Gecko riveted bracelet for it.

3 to 4 weeks later I had an email about Beaverbrooks in Banbury closing down and offering 40% off..... didn't think much of it as they took all luxury watches out of the window display a long time ago after I had purchased the Longines.
But on walking through Castle Quay there was a long queue outside them and upon turning the corner with the intention to walk past I saw that they had Zenith on display.

So I waited in the long queue and finally got to the front and asked the sales girl about Zenith and if they were on the 40% offer too.... she was unsure about the Zenith range in general but said all you see is on 40%.....so I asked about the EP that came on the bracelet.

She took it from the window display and I was like an excited child on Xmas morning ( hopefully not obvious to them) and asked them if they do interest free on sale items....yup 0% from 1 to 4 years.... so came home with grail#4.

Which has now had me revising my collection moreso as I have my 4 grail pieces.

The Sinn 104 has been moved on and I am also looking to move on the Railmaster as that was an impulse buy.... but needs must before I get too attached to it and also tentatively the white dialled AT as I have the GS that scratches that itch that was also a grail watch.

All in all I do plan on not buying anymore and to keep the core 4 grail pieces...... but I do have one more grail to be attained :oops:
Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

^^ Great stories and watch collection.....VERY dialled in and I'm envious!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

A lovely collection. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

All fantastic watches. I'd have no problem dropping the Railmaster and AT though as your 4 grails are absolutely bang on the money.

I'd say that's a definite upgrade on 2018. You've been a very busy boy!
Ryan