SOTC: Warren83 March 2018

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Warren83
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

SOTC: Warren83 March 2018

Post by Warren83 »

I had a look for my last SOTC post yesterday after deciding I wanted to start keeping track of some information on ins/outs of the collection. I was really surprised when I realised it was only just over a year ago that I posted my last SOTC given there have been a few changes in just over 12 months!

So here it is

The only incoming in the immediate future: deposit is down on a Perpetual SC-01 from Perpetual in HK, have always been intrigued by Alex and the team and decided to take the plunge and give them a go for once.
My CW: C60 Trident GMT

Scouse Not English YNWA DONT BUY THE SUN
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: SOTC: Warren83 March 2018

Post by reggie747 »

More than a couple of desirable beauts in there mate for sure :thumbup:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

reggie747 wrote:More than a couple of desirable beauts in there mate for sure :thumbup:
Cheers Greg. I’d shift the trident on if it didn’t hold sentimental value and I thought I’d actually get a decent return on it. The challenge now is being disciplined and getting myself saving towards one of my two grails...which I’ve failed miserably on over the last 12 months. Could have easily have just acquired one of them given the outlays on the Bremont, Nomos and speedy!

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Awesome, your trident looks the nuts
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

golfjunky wrote:Awesome, your trident looks the nuts
:thumbup: I have days when I love it and enjoy wearing it and others when it feels like it is taking up space for something else...but that will be the same with the Perpetual when that arrives no doubt.

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

There’s some quality stuff there. :thumbup:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

An excellent collection. The standouts for me are the BBR and the GS.

Would love to see some more photos of that blue dial in the Non-CW thread, would be a welcome addition to the usual black/white/champagne GS offerings we have on here.

Also, how are you finding the Bremont after your first couple of weeks with it ... keeper?
Ryan
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Your taste in watches is impeccable Warren.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

StrappedUp wrote:An excellent collection. The standouts for me are the BBR and the GS.

Would love to see some more photos of that blue dial in the Non-CW thread, would be a welcome addition to the usual black/white/champagne GS offerings we have on here.

Also, how are you finding the Bremont after your first couple of weeks with it ... keeper?
I’m a big fan of the blue dial, had a Superocean with a blue dial and although I didn’t regret moving that on I did miss the blue dial in the 18 months between shifting that and purchasing the GS. The GS dial is certainly an upgrade on that. Was sure I had uploaded a pic of it somewhere historically but t can’t find that original post in my history now. Will share this evening.

As for the Solo....I did question my decision during the first week and was considering returning it / moving it on but it has really grown on me this last two weeks and so glad I stuck with it, it’s definitely a keeper now!

Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

scooter wrote:Your taste in watches is impeccable Warren.

scooter
Why thank you Scooter...pleasing to know my taste is appreciated by such a well regarded forum member!

It’s taken 5/6 years to get the collection to this point and no doubt there will be further changes in the future but the ones I will never shift are:
Trident GMT for sentimental value
Nomos Metro - I just love this watch too much
BBH - was the one watch I always envied in others collections when I first started out on my journey
Alpinist - I love the green dial and just don’t see the point in shifting it on ever as I’ve never come across another green dial that I love quite as much.
Speedmaster Reduced - only recently acquired but perfect fit for my small wrists and love it

The GS and Solo are keepers for the immediate future, would only move the GS on for an GS upgrade ...with a blue dial. The Solo would only move on if I ever decided to chase and IWC pilot ...petit prince perhaps. Neither of which will be happening in the next 12-24 months I don’t think!

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Warren83 wrote:would only move the GS on for an GS upgrade ...with a blue dial.
Make sure you let me know when you've found that upgrade Warren :wink:
Ryan
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

Good collection very comprehensive and from what I can see no style duplications. The GS looks great and the solo is a watch I've contemplated a lot. How does it wear size wise compared to the alpinist?
Neil
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

Thanks Neil - I still owe that picture of the GS to the forum. Will do it in daylight tomorrow!

The Solo grows more on me everyday...so much so that today I’m thinking it would never be shifted on! It wears similar to the Alpinist with the only difference being by the depth of the case. The “triptik” case obviously means it is somewhat chunkier on the wrist.

Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

A very varied and classy collection. Not a dud amongst them!
Steve.
Warren83
Guru
Guru

Post by Warren83 »

StrappedUp wrote:An excellent collection. The standouts for me are the BBR and the GS.

Here is the promised pic at last...and apologies for the delay...time is consumed by work and a 3 month old baby at the moment