Constellation Question

A place to show and discuss your vintage watches
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Constellation Question

Post by trsullivan »

I acquired this Constellation Pie-Pan watch earlier this year, and have been very pleased with it except for one little thing. When looking at the minute hand, it extends past the point where the dial makes its downward break, thus creating the shape which has given this style its "Pie-Pan" moniker.

Every other photograph I've seen of these watches has minute hands that end at the break; the only ones that extend past it have the minute track marks on the perimeter of the dial. This is what has me curious, wondering if I haven't got a wrong handset in this one. Hoping to find out what is what, I'm bringing the question to the Forum in hopes that with more eyes on the question, someone might be able to help me answer it.

I'm happy with the watch, it looks good and keeps excellent time. It is just better to know than not know. :)
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Constellation Question

Post by Thermexman »

Not sure if you have the correct hands on or not but I have found a couple of pics with similar traits.
AC2F2D8E-5E15-4AE3-85D5-E5B6393C4714.png
DFAFB3BD-B216-4A99-9916-5A7C87ACD3A3.png
Steve.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Tom, congratulations on a very smart looking watch. I used to own a Pie Pan myself, see photo below. As you can see the hands did not extend beyond the flat part of the dial so I wonder if the handset has been changed on yours, or did Omega change the handset between the silver and gold cased versions, I don't know. Perhaps an email to Omega customer services or a post on the Omega forum might answer the question.

Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

I have to agree that posting on the Omega forum is likely to the best results as there are many people with quite a lot of knowledge regarding vintage Omegas. This sort of question is reasonably common there and many members take great delight in ferreting out details such as this, particularly as this is quite a sensible question.

https://omegaforums.net/

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier