The Pocket Watch Gallery

A place to show and discuss your vintage watches
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Pocket Watch Gallery

Post by kiter65 »

A mate of my dads popped round to show me these this week...tried to buy the Omega but failed

bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by bspj »

Perfectly lovely.
Steve
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

Nothing special, but it gets worn occasionally for the odd wedding etc. Seeing all the lovely antique pieces listed here is great, perhaps an area of expansion for the collection in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

kiter65 wrote:A mate of my dads popped round to show me these this week...tried to buy the Omega but failed

Very nice. :thumbup:

It looks like there are a few stories in that box.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
hob

Post by hob »

kiter65 wrote:A mate of my dads popped round to show me these this week...tried to buy the Omega but failed

Amazing :D
rare

Post by rare »

Couple of photos of my 1896 Waltham Pocket watch in a 14k case.

My girlfriend purchased this for me about 10 years ago, so it will never be leaving me! I love the size of it, and often get it out just to watch the mechanism at work. Although its not worth a great deal of money, I think its a really nice item from a cool era in American history. I especially like the 'wild west' style font.

yuri9206
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by yuri9206 »

Hi. I just 2 Hamilton 992 Railroad to post here.
One is 1925 made, gave to a Masonic member in 1927 as written on case back inside. It is a open face pw with a beautiful and undamaged enamel Montgomery dial. Lever set, glass, white gold Wadsworth case, double rolled, adjusted 5 positions reliable and accuracy movement. Spade black hands new old stock (changed 10 years ago).
Second is also an Hamilton, 992 rairoad movement but meade 12 years after, in the 1932. Display case back (an Elgin Spartan modificated), great enamel dial with a little chip around two o clock (lever set position), running perfectly.
As soon as I can I'll post some pictures of them.
Thanks to all for patience
C8 Pilot MK II; C5 Malvern MK II; C60 Trident Pro 600 black; C11 Titanium Extreme 1000; C65 Trident Classic LE; C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2; C60 Trident Pro 600 white; C11 MSL Black Manta; C11 Titanium Elite 500; C8 Mark I; C11 Makaira pro 500 orange
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

Here is the 1925 Hamilton cal. 912 from my great Grandfather that was recently handed down to me.

Imagehamilton 912 face by ciclismosam, on Flickr

Imagehamilton 912 case back by ciclismosam, on Flickr

Imagehamilton 912 mvmt by ciclismosam, on Flickr
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

I do love the look of that dial. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

Kip wrote:I do love the look of that dial. :thumbup:
Thanks Kip, it is pretty neat! I also really like the "Hamilton Watch Co. Lancaster, PA" and "Made in USA" engravings on the movement...a reminder of a time when the US still made great mechanical watches as well as anyone else.
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
yuri9206
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by yuri9206 »

Hi all. This is one of my pw. The other is at the watchmaker for service...

Hamilton Railroad 992 open face, lepine, 16 size, railroad dial and movement. Arabic numbers, enamel double sunk dial, lever settings, crown at 12, railroad flamed blue spades hands, small seconds at 6. Movement is one of most Hamilton accuracy timing in house work with 21 jewels, double roller, adjusted on 5 positions. Case: an Elgin "Spartan model" in near mint conditions. Back case has a glass for see the beautiful movement. There is also original stainless steel back case. Watch is running, just serviced, the enamel dial has a little spot/hairline at 1,01 due to setting lever but not see with bezel on. Glass front case. Movement is dated 1932 due serial number. Very good balance with swan neck regulator screw and Geneva stripes decoration. Good mainspring, good motion balance movement. A great timepiece buyed some years ago (over 15 years) on the bay and restored a little (changed the old hands with old stock 992B blue hands, new back glass, cleaned work. I spent hours seeing balance running!

C8 Pilot MK II; C5 Malvern MK II; C60 Trident Pro 600 black; C11 Titanium Extreme 1000; C65 Trident Classic LE; C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2; C60 Trident Pro 600 white; C11 MSL Black Manta; C11 Titanium Elite 500; C8 Mark I; C11 Makaira pro 500 orange
UncleDicky
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by UncleDicky »

I love pocket watches - am currently rebuilding an 1806 Silver watch verge fusee with a lovely ceramic face.
C9 Marine Chronometer Small Seconds, C8 Mk2 Aviator, C600 Trident Pro; Lum-Tec Combat B19, Elliot Brown Canford, Smiths Everest, Casio Protrek.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Some photos of the process would make an interesting post.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

emjay1
Junior
Junior

Post by emjay1 »

I have a few pocket watches but this is the favourite. a circa 1780 highly decorated watch by Ino (John) Ryland of London.

This is a detail of the fusee

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9wlqdjuohkq7 ... l.jpg?dl=0]
Pip
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Pip »

Not strictly speaking a pocket watch as such....

I found this squirreled away in a small antiques shop last year, and I can't find a lot online about it.....! I know it's a speed measuring stopwatch, and from what i can find it was made by Elgin (?) in around 1920. If anyone more knowledgable than me can throw any light on it I'd love to hear more! Still fully functional, which is nice :-)

Omega Constellation Megaquartz, and various other quartz...
CW: C60 Trident, C60 GMT, C9 2011 FLE, C70MC, Makaira Pro 500, C7 Mk2
Other: Seiko 5, Mondaine Retro Automatic, Smiths Military