Sold out
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: 2013 FLE Progress Report #19 Summary and Evolution

Post by MiniMpi »

Konketsu wrote:
MadJam250 wrote:And how many are there still to be sold?
I just tried to put 12 of them in my basket and the website said the quantity was not available. 11 worked though, so if the website is up to date there are less than a dozen remaining!
Down to 7 now using Jeff's trick as above.
mjsucks66
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by mjsucks66 »

As the very proud owner of #43, I just want to thank & congratulate the team on their extraordinary efforts :clap:

It was great to be able to read the development background. Surprised the concept started out as a 'sports' watch.. It certainly doesn't feel sporty, it feels more refined and elegant, so I'll be keeping mine for those special occassions :D
Marc
C61 Owners Club

Trident C61

Wifey:
Emily-Pearl Bracelet
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Congrats on the #43! I ordered one hesitantly (bc its pretty big for my wrist), and LOVED it more when I saw it in person on my wrist. Its a good, solid feeling watch that wears boldly, but not like a hockey puck on your wrist.

J

PS, I think I have #26 or something. Does JJ make all watches 000-050? I think I read that someplace, but cannot remember if that's all watches, LE watches, etc?

J
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Just musing - with all the news and big changes this week at CWL, I wonder if the 2013 FLE will prove to be the final one. If so, it's worth holding on to yours - if you have one - it might become a collector's item in time. Besides, that, it's a very nice watch, and I will not be letting mine go. It also is #86, a special date for me.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

gatehealing wrote:Congrats on the #43! I ordered one hesitantly (bc its pretty big for my wrist), and LOVED it more when I saw it in person on my wrist. Its a good, solid feeling watch that wears boldly, but not like a hockey puck on your wrist.

J

PS, I think I have #26 or something. Does JJ make all watches 000-050? I think I read that someplace, but cannot remember if that's all watches, LE watches, etc?

J
gatehealing, the FLE stands for "Forum Limited Edition". It refers to forum-designed limited edition watches that used to be made roughly every year (or a little longer than that). These are not official CWL designs, just watches CWL kindly agreed to make for the forum members using their existing cases. Forum members who want one will send their orders to Wera in CWL, and when the watches are ready, they make payment to CWL who then deliver the watches.

If some pieces of an FLE model are unsold after some time, only then might they be sold in the CWL online store. Otherwise they don't appear on CWL's website at all even though they made it for us and took care of the delivery.

Thus, the FLE has nothing to do with JJ. CWL have their own LE watch models (no "F" in front!).

Because this year was CWL's 10th anniversary, an FLE was not planned for this year and in the light of all the new developments and direction of CWL, as theaub says, who knows if there will ever be another FLE made with the help of CWL. But this is all speculation.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

theaub wrote:Just musing - with all the news and big changes this week at CWL, I wonder if the 2013 FLE will prove to be the final one. If so, it's worth holding on to yours - if you have one - it might become a collector's item in time. Besides, that, it's a very nice watch, and I will not be letting mine go. It also is #86, a special date for me.
At the most recent GTG Chris was asked about this and he said he was definitely up for doing more FLEs. In fact, he encouraged us to get on with designing something! So FLEs are not dead.

Indeed, one exciting possibility is that the next FLE could have the SH21 movement in it - if enough people are willing to pay for it, of course.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

I knew about the F in FLE, but not clear about how it differed from other lines. Thx for the info.

Still curious if JJ makes the 1st 50 of regular CW watches, LE's (like my c50 cosc le #26). I may need to start a new thread on this (?)

Jon
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

As far as I know JJ only gets involved in the JJ calibre watches.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Zermatt
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by Zermatt »

Well I'm a week in and I love this watch - I bought it to wear whilst playing golf - my Seamaster is too chunky and the C7 and C700 too motorsport orientated. The C10FLE is a great choice- glad I got one before they finally sell out ... At some point.

Surprises me that CWL does not have a Golf orientated range .
C700 , C7 Bluebird ,C60 Charcoal on Rubber, C10 2013 FLE , C65 Trident White on Brown Leather, C65 Trident Black on Bracelet , C60 MkII GMT
Omega Seamaster 300M- Omega Seamaster Crosshair
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

scooter wrote:As far as I know JJ only gets involved in the JJ calibre watches.

scooter
This has been true to date, now including the SH21.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I see the C10 FLE is showing as out of stock in the Last Few section on the website.
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Cirrus »

MiniMpi wrote:I see the C10 FLE is showing as out of stock in the Last Few section on the website.
Huzzah! Mine is now for sale at £5,000 :)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Cirrus wrote:
MiniMpi wrote:I see the C10 FLE is showing as out of stock in the Last Few section on the website.
Does that mean they're now collectors' items?
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Cirrus »

theaub wrote:
Cirrus wrote:
Does that mean they're now collectors' items?
Sellers market ;)

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
sratansi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by sratansi »

is there no FLE for this year?