Sold out
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: FLE emails all sent

Post by nathanclarinet »

Tyke wrote:Mine has arrived.

It's clean, crisp & elegant, has a nice weight to it but is not too heavy. I'm probably in a minority, but I actually like the strap although I can see the appeal of the tan ones & think it could work with a dark blue strap as well.

Is it for me...... sadly no, I don't think it is. I so wanted to like it but on opening the box I didn't get that intangible feeling that I've experienced on opening just about every other CWL parcel that has landed on my desk. I'll ponder it over the weekend to see if it grows on me, but if not this one will be appearing in Sales Corner on Monday.

Congratulations to all those who have theirs & love them, I'm sure it will be a much sought after classic in the next few years.
Got to sympathise with you here tyke. I remember when my c9 fle landed and I wanted to love it but it just didn't do it for me. I tried to get on with it by changing straps etc. (which I note is already happening with this fle) but I couldnt shake the feeling of disappointment after a long wait. It went back but I did get a steinhart nav b chrono dlc to replace it which was a completely different experience when it arrived. Ian is right, give it the weekend and see what you think after a bit of a wear.
sratansi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by sratansi »

I unfortunately will have to wait till the new year for mine but from the photos it is well worth the wait! Beautiful watch I can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Just got back from trip abroad. Emailed Wera as requested; she's just replied to say she will call me tomorrow to arrange payment. Could have mine in hand by weekend.
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Cirrus »

theaub wrote:Just got back from trip abroad. Emailed Wera as requested; she's just replied to say she will call me tomorrow to arrange payment. Could have mine in hand by weekend.
Does that make 15 left? That's pretty good going I think :-)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

Cirrus wrote:
theaub wrote:Just got back from trip abroad. Emailed Wera as requested; she's just replied to say she will call me tomorrow to arrange payment. Could have mine in hand by weekend.
Does that make 15 left? That's pretty good going I think :-)
Counted 16 still not taken. I bagged #86 some months ago. Still pretty good though - I agree.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

Wera just called and one minute ago got confirmation email: it's on its way and will arrive tomorrow. What a nice lady.
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Cirrus »

theaub wrote:Wera just called and one minute ago got confirmation email: it's on its way and will arrive tomorrow. What a nice lady.
She is, and huzzah!

;)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

theaub wrote:Wera just called and one minute ago got confirmation email: it's on its way and will arrive tomorrow. What a nice lady.
Great news :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
motormouse67
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 12

Re: FLE

Post by motormouse67 »

I have purchased a 2013 FLE today..Very nice too. :tgrin: Thats my first CWL...but not the last ..would like a 2011 FLE.!!! :santa:
Wild and windy the only way to go.!!
2013 C10 FLE..
C8 Pilot Vintage mk11 C8 Pilot black mk11.C5 Aviator Mk2.and Mk1.
Ladies Coral White and Black.
Bremont ALT-1C.
Omega planet ocean.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Congratulations!

I hope you are thrilled upon arrival!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: FLE

Post by MiniMpi »

motormouse67 wrote:I have purchased a 2013 FLE today..Very nice too. :tgrin: Thats my first CWL...but not the last ..would like a 2011 FLE.!!! :santa:
Well done ! 8)
Photos please when it arrives.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

Mine just arrived! Went for the twin roll strap. Photos to follow. Pleased; like it very much indeed.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

theaub wrote:Mine just arrived! Went for the twin roll strap. Photos to follow. Pleased; like it very much indeed.
Great news! Looking forward to your impressions. 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

I've finally figured out why I didn't click with my FLE when it arrived.
Having spent a bit of time looking at the CWL website pondering their latest offer it struck me when I got to the C20's. It's the bezel. Love the look of brushed bezels / case or polished bezel / case, but not in this instance the mix of the two. I think that's why the computer renditions appealed more to me that the finished article, the finish contrast wasn't so great.
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by akirk »

Tyke wrote:I've finally figured out why I didn't click with my FLE when it arrived.
Having spent a bit of time looking at the CWL website pondering their latest offer it struck me when I got to the C20's. It's the bezel. Love the look of brushed bezels / case or polished bezel / case, but not in this instance the mix of the two. I think that's why the computer renditions appealed more to me that the finished article, the finish contrast wasn't so great.
That is interesting - I love that combination...
The bit I find most difficult is that the whole watch - seconds hand / minute markers / cross hairs / case are all very delicate - but the two main hands and the major markers are much chunkier due to the lume...
mmm

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace