The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
Special_K77
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: 2013 FLE Progress Report #18

Post by Special_K77 »

Apologies if this has been answered already. I couple of weeks ago, I received a voucher in the mail from CW (I forget the exact specifics) but if it hasn't expired already, could it be something I can use on the FLE?

I know the watch has been heavily discounted already and they are giving us free shipping but thought I'd ask anyway :)
C60 Trident : C10 2013 FLE (#77) : C9 Chrono (#152)
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Alligator for me.
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

Special_K77 wrote:Apologies if this has been answered already. I couple of weeks ago, I received a voucher in the mail from CW (I forget the exact specifics) but if it hasn't expired already, could it be something I can use on the FLE?

I know the watch has been heavily discounted already and they are giving us free shipping but thought I'd ask anyway :)
Sadly not, though it wasn't through lack of trying ;)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Special_K77
Senior
Senior

Post by Special_K77 »

Cirrus wrote:
Special_K77 wrote:Apologies if this has been answered already. I couple of weeks ago, I received a voucher in the mail from CW (I forget the exact specifics) but if it hasn't expired already, could it be something I can use on the FLE?

Sadly not, though it wasn't through lack of trying ;)
It was worth a shot :)
C60 Trident : C10 2013 FLE (#77) : C9 Chrono (#152)
Axelay2003
Senior
Senior

Post by Axelay2003 »

I'm staying with the twin roll strap. I will purchase a different style on my own. Gator strap is too expensive(IMO) and I will probably pay some heavy custom duties if I were to purchase it with the watch.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Well I have received my e-mail from Wera. Even with the discount the watch is no longer calling to me, the supplied picture does not help, it would be good to see some good quality pictures of the watch. I am going to sleep on this one. :?
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:Alligator for me.
Hmm, am maybe for me too!!

Stop with the good ideas already :D
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by skimrok »

I've just read e-mail

I do hear people's view about the extra cost, I just don't like the look of the twin roll and I was always going to change the strap anyway, the only other way I see to do this cheaply with CW is go for the:
LEATHER - BROWN/STEEL-20MM
C9SXT2 £40.00

Or if you like a none twin roll black then this will do the trick maybe:

LEATHER - BLACK/STEEL-20MM
C9SXK2 £40.00

Or have both :-) he!he!
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Jammy Devil »

Is it just a photographic illusion, or do the two FLE's in Kip's photo on page 2 of this thread each have different style winding crowns ? :shock:
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Jammy Devil wrote:Is it just a photographic illusion, or do the two FLE's in Kip's photo on page 2 of this thread each have different style winding crowns ? :shock:

Illusion - slightly different viewing angles so you see the inner face of the crown on the LH one & the outer face on the RH one.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Not for me...they are overpriced.I will get my own i think.

alphajet wrote:Well I have received my e-mail from Wera. Even with the discount the watch is no longer calling to me, the supplied picture does not help, it would be good to see some good quality pictures of the watch. I am going to sleep on this one. :?
I would stick with so you can handle it and then make your decision....remember you can always return it.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

village wrote:
alphajet wrote:Well I have received my e-mail from Wera. Even with the discount the watch is no longer calling to me, the supplied picture does not help, it would be good to see some good quality pictures of the watch. I am going to sleep on this one. :?
I would stick with so you can handle it and then make your decision....remember you can always return it.

My thoughts also - I'm going to see if I like it & if not will sell it on to someone rather than return it, that way someone else will benefit from the early registration discount price.
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Guys - its probably been covered before but how long do these take to ship to the US?

I go out there on Saturday so could have the watch sent there saving on VAT (take that tax man!). But I am only there for a 9 days.

Will it arrive in time?

I'd be getting it sent to my better half's parents house so not a disatser if it doesnt get there in time
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Normal delivery is 8-10 business days. Much is up to the US postal system. Expedited delivery is expensive but only takes 2-3 days to the US plus the risk of import duty.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Kip wrote:Normal delivery is 8-10 business days. Much is up to the US postal system. Expedited delivery is expensive but only takes 2-3 days to the US plus the risk of import duty.

Thanks, Kip.

I guess I'll just pay the tax :(
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1