The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: 2013 FLE Progress Report # 10

Post by jmarchitect »

We heard you the first time Nathan. No need to say it three times old chap. :lol:
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

I was simply pointing out that as the watch design in my opinion is pretty dull, the only redeeming features are that it is an FLE which makes it collectable & this is the only opportunity we get to have any chance at a special serial number. As that isn't an option in my case because the serial number is assigned, the balance of to buy/not to buy has tipped against it. It leaves one more for the rest of you to fight over.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I.I.D wrote:I was simply pointing out that as the watch design in my opinion is pretty dull, the only redeeming features are that it is an FLE which makes it collectable & this is the only opportunity we get to have any chance at a special serial number. As that isn't an option in my case because the serial number is assigned, the balance of to buy/not to buy has tipped against it. It leaves one more for the rest of you to fight over.
So, if you could have got your number, you would have spent £450 on a watch you thought was pretty dull? :shock:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

So, regardless of the factthat one of the FLEC may get your 'precious' number , what would you do if another Forrumite requested the same number 5 minutes before you did? Would you demand that his special number is less important than yours so it should be reassigned to you?

Sheesh, FYI my special number is 13, but it's also Kips, so I have to accept that most of the time I'm not gonna get it!

How do we sort this?, like gentlemen, I suggest you do the same, sometimes you can't get your special number, but if the watch is special, this shouldn't matter, you're buying the watch not the number on the back :D
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

jmarchitect wrote:We heard you the first time Nathan. No need to say it three times old chap. :lol:
Bloody tapatalk......
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Cirrus »

rcherryuk wrote:So, regardless of the factthat one of the FLEC may get your 'precious' number , what would you do if another Forrumite requested the same number 5 minutes before you did? Would you demand that his special number is less important than yours so it should be reassigned to you?

Sheesh, FYI my special number is 13, but it's also Kips, so I have to accept that most of the time I'm not gonna get it!

How do we sort this?, like gentlemen, I suggest you do the same, sometimes you can't get your special number, but if the watch is special, this shouldn't matter, you're buying the watch not the number on the back :D
I would like No. 13 also. I suggest we all get in a cage together with knives and sort it like gentlemen ;)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

rcherryuk wrote:what would you do if another Forrumite requested the same number 5 minutes before you did?

As purely a watch - not nice enough to buy
As an FLE watch - borderline buy / not buy
As a special number FLE watch - buy

If someone else got in before me for a number, the result would be the same - I don't think i'd bother buying.

There is nothing to sort, I can't get the number that would clinch the deal, so for me (and I accept maybe only me) it's not worth proceeding, the watch isn't special enough. End of.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

And to think I've been ignoring this thread, thinking it would just be lots of posts thanking Kip for the update or expressing disappointment at the delay...
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

asqwerth wrote:And to think I've been ignoring this thread, thinking it would just be lots of posts thanking Kip for the update or expressing disappointment at the delay...
Just what I was thinking - but I am slightly confused about buying/not buying based on number.

I was very pleased when I had the chance to reserve a number for the C7 BRG and the C9 Blue (but thought that was a bonus rather than the reason to buy).
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
highway62

Post by highway62 »

If the number on the watch is the deciding factor in whether or not you buy it, I'd say you are not buying it for the right reasons.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Kip has earned his number of choise 10 times over. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Cirrus »

Can we move this thread to Curmudgeons Corner..?

;)

--
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

I think i have it right when i say :irre:

:löl:
I miss all the great things that may never be.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

I.I.D wrote:I was simply pointing out that as the watch design in my opinion is pretty dull, the only redeeming features are that it is an FLE which makes it collectable & this is the only opportunity we get to have any chance at a special serial number. As that isn't an option in my case because the serial number is assigned, the balance of to buy/not to buy has tipped against it. It leaves one more for the rest of you to fight over.
Don't despair. If there is any watch in the range you fancy or newly launched send an e-mail to Wera asking if you can reserve your number and if possible she will respond. I asked for 002 when the C50 was announced and I have it!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

robinbarke wrote:
Don't despair. If there is any watch in the range you fancy or newly launched send an e-mail to Wera asking if you can reserve your number and if possible she will respond. I asked for 002 when the C50 was announced and I have it!

Robin
But don't actually do that because Robin hasn't read the thread.....
The FLE reservation process is not open yet and no reservations are being taken before then,even if you ignore the whole thing and try to sneak in the back door.
Kip wrote:
amleto wrote:how do we know which numbers are available for us non-flec plebs?
Instructions on how to reserve will be posted when everything and everyone is prepared. (See OP).

Number requests will be taken on a first come first requested basis.

Don't try to sneak in early, as all requests before the start time/date will not be honored.

Out of interest,what number was it you wanted anyway? As has already been mentioned,if you said so then the committee member who has it reserved might be happy to let you have it instead.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....