2013 FLE Progress Report # 10

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: 2013 FLE Progress Report # 10

Post by Dancematt »

Mortis wrote:Some people do like a moan. When I was on the FLEC in the past I offered to swap my number with someone who wanted it, but in the case of this pathetic whining from I.I.D I wouldn't have bothered.
If you don't like the watch enough to buy it unless you get a particular number then you don't like it enough to buy it.
or you just dont want it enough to buy it, they may like it alot.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

I.I.D wrote:Not bothered anymore as the only serial number that interested me is already allocated to a FLEC member, so it's not worth it as that was the tipping point for buying one.
Oh well, never mind.
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by paw3001 »

Don't want to buy a watch you like just because a serial number is not available. Ridiculous, cutting your nose off to spite your face there, I think!

By the way IID did you put an application in to be a member of the FLEC this year? I only ask because some of your comments remind me of the book "The Little Red Hen"
Watches - Too many but not enough!
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Ye gods I find myself agreeing with some VERY unlikely people...
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

highway62 wrote:Ye gods I find myself agreeing with some VERY unlikely people...
Does it make you wince ;-)
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Damn right!
:shock:
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

how do we know which numbers are available for us non-flec plebs?
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

amleto wrote:how do we know which numbers are available for us non-flec plebs?
Instructions on how to reserve will be posted when everything and everyone is prepared. (See OP).

Number requests will be taken on a first come first requested basis.

Don't try to sneak in early, as all requests before the start time/date will not be honored.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I.I.D wrote:Not bothered anymore as the only serial number that interested me is already allocated to a FLEC member, so it's not worth it as that was the tipping point for buying one.
Seriously?......

These fellow forum members VOLUNTEER their personal time to help create a forum LE watch for us and you chirp because, as a reward for the WEEKS they work on this project, they are afforded first choice of number???????

Petty.

If you like the watch select one of the other 90 available.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by DSHall »

Viognier wrote:
Seriously?......

These fellow forum members VOLUNTEER their personal time to help create a forum LE watch for us and you chirp because, as a reward for the WEEKS they work on this project, they are afforded first choice of number???????

Petty.

If you like the watch select one of the other 90 available.

Agree completely. These guys give up a lot of their time to help us and appear to get nothing but complaints. I for,one appreciate their efforts on our behalf.
Halt
Senior
Senior

Post by Halt »

Come on guys, the way I see it nobody is denying the FLEC the right to their perks or says they don't deserve it. The person you're ranting about is just venting a little frustration that it is his number that happens to be taken each time. Some of us are really attached to the serials and we should be able to relate a little to his frustration. I think the responses are a bit out of proportion to what he actually said.
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

is it possible to set a time for the wednesday update/opening of pre orders? It would save me, and I presume others, from hammering f5 whilst also trying to appear productive at work. :lol: :oops:
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Halt wrote:Come on guys, the way I see it nobody is denying the FLEC the right to their perks or says they don't deserve it. The person you're ranting about is just venting a little frustration that it is his number that happens to be taken each time. Some of us are really attached to the serials and we should be able to relate a little to his frustration. I think the responses are a bit out of proportion to what he actually said.
I think this puts my thoughts across succinctly, thanks Halt :grin: the flec have done a cracking job and that should be celebrated but I felt some of the responses to IID were a bit harsh.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Halt wrote:Come on guys, the way I see it nobody is denying the FLEC the right to their perks or says they don't deserve it. The person you're ranting about is just venting a little frustration that it is his number that happens to be taken each time. Some of us are really attached to the serials and we should be able to relate a little to his frustration. I think the responses are a bit out of proportion to what he actually said.
I think this puts my thoughts across succinctly, thanks Halt :grin: the flec have done a cracking job and that should be celebrated but I felt some of the responses to IID were a bit harsh.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »