2013 FLE Progress Report # 10

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: 2013 FLE Progress Report # 10

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I can quite categorically state that any member is welcome to the number I would have taken had I been buying the watch. :D
#23 by the way (but you'll have to take your chance when the orders go live!)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
downer

Post by downer »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I can quite categorically state that any member is welcome to the number I would have taken had I been buying the watch. :D
#23 by the way (but you'll have to take your chance when the orders go live!)
I'm in the same boat. My preferred number (11) will be in the mix with all the rest.
Richard
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

robinbarke wrote:
I.I.D wrote:I was simply pointing out that as the watch design in my opinion is pretty dull, the only redeeming features are that it is an FLE which makes it collectable & this is the only opportunity we get to have any chance at a special serial number. As that isn't an option in my case because the serial number is assigned, the balance of to buy/not to buy has tipped against it. It leaves one more for the rest of you to fight over.
Don't despair. If there is any watch in the range you fancy or newly launched send an e-mail to Wera asking if you can reserve your number and if possible she will respond. I asked for 002 when the C50 was announced and I have it!

Robin
Village, I was referring to any watch other than the FLE. Thought IID needed some reassurance for the future

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

robinbarke wrote: Don't despair. If there is any watch in the range you fancy or newly launched send an e-mail to Wera asking if you can reserve your number and if possible she will respond. I asked for 002 when the C50 was announced and I have it!

Robin
Unless someone else has already beaten you to it!
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

robinbarke wrote:
robinbarke wrote:
I.I.D wrote:I was simply pointing out that as the watch design in my opinion is pretty dull, the only redeeming features are that it is an FLE which makes it collectable & this is the only opportunity we get to have any chance at a special serial number. As that isn't an option in my case because the serial number is assigned, the balance of to buy/not to buy has tipped against it. It leaves one more for the rest of you to fight over.
Don't despair. If there is any watch in the range you fancy or newly launched send an e-mail to Wera asking if you can reserve your number and if possible she will respond. I asked for 002 when the C50 was announced and I have it!

Robin
Village, I was referring to any watch other than the FLE. Thought IID needed some reassurance for the future

Robin
Ah..ok..understood
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Rooster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Rooster »

Interesting discussion. I had mixed feelings when my 2011 FLE returned from the grave with a new identity number. It meant my two FLEs now had different serial numbers. It also slightly complicates what numbers I will put down as preferences for this FLE if I am lucky enough to be able to reserve one. But all that pales to insignificance because I got my favourite watch back in perfect condition. The fact that there is no bracelet option for this FLE is another issue that could have detracted from its allure. I think this watch would be awesome on steel. But again it won't stop me from trying to reserve what I think is a great looking watch. Everyone here makes decisions to purchase or not weighing up different factors and for some the final design, availability of certain serial numbers or option of a bracelet will be tipping points. And that's fair enough. But for me, I'm all in.

I'd like to thank the FLEC and the forum for what I think has been a pretty open and honest process and in the main discussions have been civil. Lively but civil! Bring on Wed when I will be back at work, with access to the internet and I'll be checking this topic every five seconds.

My two cents worth.
Rooster
sratansi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by sratansi »

Roll on Wednesday !
amleto
Senior
Senior

Post by amleto »

village wrote:
Out of interest,what number was it you wanted anyway? As has already been mentioned,if you said so then the committee member who has it reserved might be happy to let you have it instead.
I was happy to work around what the committee had reserved, hence I asked for this list - I was told to read the op.

I'm most interested in one of 7,8,9,10. failing one of those, 88.
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
amleto
Senior
Senior

Post by amleto »

this might have been missed after the 'echo echo echo' post
amleto wrote:is it possible to set a time for the wednesday update/opening of pre orders? It would save me, and I presume others, from hammering f5 whilst also trying to appear productive at work. :lol: :oops:
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
amleto
Senior
Senior

Re: RE: 2013 FLE Progress Report # 10

Post by amleto »

So this magic list of flec-reserved numbers remains illusive until the last moment. Is there any reason for that?

It just seems like it invites the situation where people have to change their number request at the last second (presuming this list will be posted on the pre-order post) at best, and at worst there won't be a second opportunity to choose if both numbers are already reserved.

This seems like a simple issue that could easily be avoided.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

amleto wrote:So this magic list of flec-reserved numbers remains illusive until the last moment. Is there any reason for that?

It just seems like it invites the situation where people have to change their number request at the last second (presuming this list will be posted on the pre-order post) at best, and at worst there won't be a second opportunity to choose if both numbers are already reserved.

This seems like a simple issue that could easily be avoided.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
Oh quit your whining! Magic list!

Some members of the FLEC needed to confirm wether they were going to buy.

Some have decided not to and so have freed up some serial numbers. Kip is pulling together the new list but felt it more important to open the reservation process rather then wait to pull this list together.

This non issue is easily resolved by just reserving your watch with a priority order of preferred numbers. That is what I have done in the past!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

sratansi wrote:Roll on Wednesday !
It is Wednesday!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
amleto
Senior
Senior

Post by amleto »

"Some members of the FLEC needed to confirm wether they were going to buy. Some have decided not to and so have freed up some serial numbers. Kip is pulling together the new list but felt it..."
If this simple answer had been given days ago then I wouldn't have got frustrated at receiving non-answers to simple questions.
chrisjohnson
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 40
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by chrisjohnson »

Says so here!
Chris