2013 FLE Bracelet

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out

I will buy a bracelet for the 2013 FLE instead of a strap or seperately.

Poll ended at Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Yes - I commit to a bracelet purchase
44%
No - I am not interested
56%

Total votes: 70

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

2013 FLE Bracelet

Post by Kip »

You have spoken and decided which model you desire for your 2013 FLE.

You now have another collective decision to make.

Chris will make a bracelet for the 2013 (actually all that is needed are the shoulder pieces) provided we have a minimum commitment of 50 pieces.

The bracelet will be the same as the C60 with polished center links and should compliment the brushed case and polished bezel of the 2013 FLE nicely.

The cost would be about 85 GBP ($120 US) additional if purchased instead of the strap or 120 GBP ($165 US) if purchased seperately. Yes the cost is a bit higher, but we must pay the developement costs for the shoulder pieces. It is possible the price would be lower, but will not be higher.

The bracelet will come without the divers extension.

Please do not vote yes if you will not be committing to purchase the bracelet.

If we do not get a commitment of 50, the bracelet will not be made available.

Here are my estimates for pricing...

FLE with strap 450 GBP - 619 USD
FLE with bracelet - 535 GBP - 736 USD
Bracelet seperately - 120 GBP - 165 USD
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Re: 2013 FLE Bracelet

Post by I.I.D »

What happens if a number of people vote to commit to buying the bracelet & then don't manage to be on the reservation list for the actual watch?

Will the bracelet then become an option on the standard C10? If so, are CWL partly subsidising the bracelet development out of its own resources or does the whole development cost fall on the FLE buyers meaning that CWL get the benefit for the standard c10 for free?
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

I.I.D wrote:What happens if a number of people vote to commit to buying the bracelet & then don't manage to be on the reservation list for the actual watch?

Will the bracelet then become an option on the standard C10? If so, are CWL partly subsidising the bracelet development out of its own resources or does the whole development cost fall on the FLE buyers meaning that CWL get the benefit for the standard c10 for free?
Actually,that is a good question and one that i don't think anyone thought of....
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
sparky135
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by sparky135 »

I.I.D wrote:What happens if a number of people vote to commit to buying the bracelet & then don't manage to be on the reservation list for the actual watch?
I'm guessing that from CW's point of view it doesn't matter. He needs a minimum 50 to meet his costs, whether those are the 50 or so who commit to buy now or the first 50 on the list when they are for sale - it matters not. As long as he meets his costs. He just needs 50 people to say yes go ahead and I'll buy one for him to commit his time and efforts to develop the bracelet.

It does seem a little odd that a commitment to buy now does not guarantee a watch when they go on sale, but I can see why it is being done. I also appreciate why the poll is being done as it takes the total cost significantly over the agreed budget.

All seems fair enough to me.

I'm currently mulling this over and will vote sometime over the weekend as the poll closes on Monday.
John

Current: C7BRGT-390-MK2, C3SKK, C8SKK-MK2, C5GWT, Seiko Diver
Incoming: something from Santa
On the radar: C60 GMT, C9 GMT, Stowa Antea 390, Damasko DA36, Nomos Tangente
SWMBO: S21-MOP-SBS
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

CWL is subsidizing the development costs.

We have no way of insuring that all who commit to a bracelet will get on the reservation list, but this is a chance that Chris is willing to take. I am sure that if there are any remaining bracelets CW will make them available on the website.

We could have waited until reservations were taken for this poll, but thought it would be better, that if enough people want a bracelet, that it would be available at time of delivery.

There has been enough interest and inquiries to justify the poll question since the models went public. If there is enough interest the bracelet gets made. If not, then we maintain the status quo.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Thanks for the clarification Kip. Do they intend for the bracelet to become a stock item for standard C10's or is that a trade secret?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

I.I.D wrote:Thanks for the clarification Kip. Do they intend for the bracelet to become a stock item for standard C10's or is that a trade secret?
I don't have an answer for that, but I would think that it would be a possibility once the development work has been done.The finish can be easily changed for current and future models based on the C10 case.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

For those - like me - who dont know what a C60 bracelet looks like ;)
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Jimbob
CW-watches: 3

Post by Jimbob »

This is a tricky one. I do tend to like bracelets rather than straps, and being an FLE - should warrant a bracelet - but I happen to think that this watch would look really good on both. Tat said, given that for me this watch looks like it is a keeper (I am dead glad "A" won :D ) Bracelet it is...
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

Given the pricing on the FLE includes the leather strap, would purchasers be getting the bracelet in addition to it?
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

For both the watch and bracelet, £535 = $805 (according to Kip) or around $851 (according to Google converters).

Hmmmmm...I may vote yes to perhaps buying the bracelet later. I'd hate to vote yes and not like the actual design of the real watch, though.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Deverica Wolf wrote:For both the watch and bracelet, £535 = $805 (according to Kip) or around $851 (according to Google converters).

Hmmmmm...I may vote yes to perhaps buying the bracelet later. I'd hate to vote yes and not like the actual design of the real watch, though.
You forgot to deduct the VAT for non EU buyers.

My estimate for pricing is

FLE with strap 450 GBP - 619 USD
FLE with bracelet - 535 GBP - 736 USD
Bracelet seperately - 120 GBP - 165 USD
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

It seems a great idea to produce a new shoulder for the bracelet to fit the C10, maybe Chris could also commission one for the C9 range at the same time. My C9 Chrono was crying out for one. This might also spread a little of the cost.
Graham
binnserelli
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by binnserelli »

Cirrus wrote:Given the pricing on the FLE includes the leather strap, would purchasers be getting the bracelet in addition to it?
Good question. Hopefully Kip will clarify. He did write though
The cost would be about 85 GBP ($120 US) additional if purchased instead of the strap or 120 GBP ($165 US) if purchased separately.

The price for current CW models with the bracelet version is usually in this 85 GBP price bracket so I think the answer is no.

It may generate a few more yes answers though if it did include the originally planned strap. I suppose it will come down to the level of subsidy for the bracelet and how much Chris really wants future C10 editions to have the option.

I will ponder this for a few days before voting but am erring on the side of a yes vote.
Cheers,
Andrew

C60 Trident Pro Black (C60-TRI-SKS) #1011
C9 Harrison Automatic (C9-AUTO-SST) #0436
C9 FLE 2011 #18
C10 FLE 2013 #18
C20
C5 Malvern Slimline Square
Margrette Regattare Tiki
Stowa Antea 390 (ETA 2824-2)
Uhren von UHR 261
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

footycrazy wrote:It seems a great idea to produce a new shoulder for the bracelet to fit the C10, maybe Chris could also commission one for the C9 range at the same time. My C9 Chrono was crying out for one. This might also spread a little of the cost.
I agree about the need for a bracelet on the C9 range. But i wouldn't want the huge clasp that is current. The old style would have been great, or may be the new micro adjustment. :thumbup: