Re: 2013 FLE Final Vote

Post by highway62 »

Even more 1 sided than I expected! :lol:
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

highway62 wrote:Even more 1 sided than I expected! :lol:
Yep. I think I will not need the tipp-ex.
Richard
Martinh
Junior
Junior

Post by Martinh »

I like A a lot but think C would make a better FLE. It's more special
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

I.I.D wrote:How many of the FLEC intend to buy irrespective of the result, how many will only buy if their favourite wins & how many aren't going to buy either?
Normally I have to like a watch a lot to spend money, but my involvement in the process might give A enough "special bonus points" to mean that I'd buy either.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

I vote for C because I do think it deserves to be FLE and is so distinctive.

However saying that I like all 3 models and would be happy with any one of them, just C edges it a little for me
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Axelay2003
Senior
Senior

Post by Axelay2003 »

I would only purchase if "A" wins. "C" is nice, but not for me.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I.I.D wrote:How many of the FLEC intend to buy irrespective of the result, how many will only buy if their favourite wins & how many aren't going to buy either?
Unfortunately, I won't be getting one. I am very happy indeed with the designs and have enjoyed playing a small part in their development. Had the forum voted for the C5 case I would have bought A or B (my personal favourite) in that size. Alas (for me) you didn't. I have tried a number of large watches (to me that means 40mm and up) and failed. The 38mm C5 is the largest watch I'm comfortable with wearing, and I actually prefer 33-36mm - not a problem as the main focus of my interest is in vintage watches. I hope the winner sells out fast and becomes a classic! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

My favourite is currently in the lead and so my answer is a definite purchase is on the cards. Had C been in the lead, my involvement with a great group of chaps, with enjoyable design discussion, mild joshing and crystal clear feedback would have led to me making a purchase of C.

I also hope there is sufficient take up of the pending bracelet option, (more on this later) as I will also look to purchase a bracelet for this FLE.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

jmarchitect wrote:
My favourite is currently in the lead and so my answer is a definite purchase is on the cards. Had C been in the lead, my involvement with a great group of chaps, with enjoyable design discussion, mild joshing and crystal clear feedback would have led to me making a purchase of C.

I also hope there is sufficient take up of the pending bracelet option, (more on this later) as I will also look to purchase a bracelet for this FLE.
I must admit I like the sound of a bracelet option - I know Chris did say he was going to develop the end pieces to suit the C10 case.

I will look forward to the release of the details.
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

bracelet sounds awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
Axelay2003
Senior
Senior

Post by Axelay2003 »

amleto wrote:bracelet sounds awesome :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
That would seal the deal! :clap:
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I would like to know what is the reasoning for the £450 price on these FLEs?

Is it up some because it's limited, or is it because of the materials used or the movement? I expect this thing to be amazing looking when it's done and am hoping the quality will really match the price. Thanks.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Deverica Wolf wrote:I would like to know what is the reasoning for the £450 price on these FLEs?

Is it up some because it's limited, or is it because of the materials used or the movement? I expect this thing to be amazing looking when it's done and am hoping the quality will really match the price. Thanks.
That was the maximum price limit voted on by the forum for the basic watch on a leather strap. Bracelet versions will cost more if offered. A standard C10 comes in at £375, so it only gave them £75 leeway to re-face it
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

I.I.D wrote:
Deverica Wolf wrote:I would like to know what is the reasoning for the £450 price on these FLEs?

That was the maximum price limit voted on by the forum for the basic watch on a leather strap. Bracelet versions will cost more if offered. A standard C10 comes in at £375, so it only gave them £75 leeway to re-face it
And alter the case finish!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

robinbarke wrote:
I.I.D wrote:

And alter the case finish!

Robin
I would have thought not bead blasting should have saved money, not cost more?