C
32%

Total votes: 157

Axelay2003
Senior
Senior

Re: 2013 FLE Final Vote

Post by Axelay2003 »

Who voted for "A" to have a dome crystal and "B" to have flat crystal. Same case style(C10), but why different crystal type???? :-s
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Axelay2003 wrote:Who voted for "A" to have a dome crystal and "B" to have flat crystal. Same case style(C10), but why different crystal type???? :-s
The Flec
Different designs and ,after discussion,it was decided that different crystals would suit the different designs.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Axelay2003 wrote:Is there a side pofile picture on how high this crystal dome is? If it is a subtle dome then I think that would suit most. If the dome shows ridiculous distortion of the dial at ideal viewing angles, then I would prefer flat.
It is described as like the C9 which has no problem with readability.

My C9 FLE

OK. You can not read the dial at this angle but would you want to?

Very readable.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

The forum backed the FLEC members and gave them authority to create the designs to vote on. The designs are what they are. If you wanted to have a say in the designs to that level then you should have applied to join the FLEC and altered them at source, not try to change things afterwards.

If you like the winner then buy it, if not, don't.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

I.I.D wrote:The forum backed the FLEC members and gave them authority to create the designs to vote on. The designs are what they are. If you wanted to have a say in the designs to that level then you should have applied to join the FLEC and altered them at source, not try to change things afterwards.

If you like the winner then buy it, if not, don't.
I think your 'take it or leave it' attitude misses the point. If a marginal change can be made to A to make it even more attractive to a majority of those proposing to purchase this watch then why not make it if there are no additional costs involved. Maybe a majority would prefer the domed crystal in which case the status quo may happily prevail. I'm not sure who the Forum of one is. Several members have expressed an interest in a flat crystal but I am not one of them, being happy with either.

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
theague
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by theague »

I've been away too long and missed all the fun. :(

I am pleased with the outcome of the process though and I wouldn't have had things turn out different than they have so far.

Can't wait to see the final renderings. I'd prefer C but would happily wear either version!
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

The slightly domed crystal on the C9 gives a very special look to the watch and would be my choice over a flat one. 8)
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
timeisofthessence
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by timeisofthessence »

I'm really liking the looks of the C version, but apparently most of my forum brethren do not.

Anyone who likes the triangles/teeth on the C model speak up now or forever hold it in.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I personally don't care at all whether it is domed or flat. Whichever the FLEC chose, I respect it as the best choice. And if the forum members feel it better with a different crystal, I shall respect that too.

Question: Is there any idea when the FLE will be ready for pre-order? Will it be before Christmas or next year?

I recently received my $75 voucher and am wondering about my options. Thanks.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
DJVision
CW-watches: 1

Post by DJVision »

C
Halt
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Halt »

A domed crystal will make 'A' a little more dressy or a little less sporty in my opinion. A domed crystal will also make it a little more different than the FLE2009 which may appeal to the current FLE2009 owners.
HerculePoirot

Post by HerculePoirot »

I definitely think option A.

Reminds me of the watch I am currently wearing: an Omega Seamaster Cosmic 1966 design. It's bold and simple. I don't really have a view on whether the crystal should be domed or now - though I can't personally see there is any harm in entertaining the discussion - CW will have the final say on the design and they could change it anyway!!!

If so - how about adding a DAY complication to the mix, like found on the c700? Only reason I haven't bought that watch is that I find the classic looking watches more to my taste...

But a day-date complication on this watch would be EXCELLENT - that coupled with the lume really would make this design stand out...

Either way, DESIGN A for me, i'll reserve when I see the final pictures.

Excellent job CW and the forum members that have contributed to this!!!! :clap:
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

HerculePoirot wrote:Reminds me of the watch I am currently wearing: an Omega Seamaster Cosmic 1966 design. It's bold and simple.
This one?

A day-date on here would make it nicer indeed but I think it would have already been there.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Deverica Wolf wrote:
HerculePoirot wrote:Reminds me of the watch I am currently wearing: an Omega Seamaster Cosmic 1966 design. It's bold and simple.
This one?

A day-date on here would make it nicer indeed but I think it would have already been there.

Nice looking watch and similar to A

Anyway - that's been 5 days!

Close the vote lest there be a late flurry of 'new members' who come in and tip the vote the other way! :D
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

Magnus wrote:Close the vote lest there be a late flurry of 'new members' who come in and tip the vote the other way! :D
I was working on it but ran out of time... :lol:
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.