Total votes: 176

nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: 2013 FLE – Design Elimination Poll

Post by nathanclarinet »

And I quote......
nathanclarinet wrote:It has shades of the MonoPusher design about it, I love the rehaut with blued numbers, the cross hair is a nice touch and the if the date wheel surround is as nicely presented as on the mock up, it will be great. I can see this being a really versatile watch and I as I don't have any white faced watches, I would be most happy with this.
:D
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

I was thinking of the Nomos Club. Hands and case are almost identical to A There is, in fact, a significant difference in size but that is not apparent on the photographs

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

robinbarke wrote:I was thinking of the Nomos Club. Hands and case are almost identical to A There is, in fact, a significant difference in size but that is not apparent on the photographs

Robin
Hmm...long thin hands are common to many styles of watch....and i disagree with the case. The lugs are totally different on the Nomos. In fact,i would say that there is basically nothing to design A that is reminiscent of a Nomos Club (IMHO of course!)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I can see the similarity with the hands but that is all. If you look at the C7 Mk I and C20 then it is that style of hands.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
highway62

Post by highway62 »

My prediction is that "A" is going to stroll to victory overall.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I would like "C" to win it as its different to the norm but at this stage I can't see myself being able to afford it so I won't vote again to be fair ;)

Fantastic work and designs by all in the FLEC and I hope to get one sometime, maybe 2014 ;)
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

highway62 wrote:My prediction is that "A" is going to stroll to victory overall.
Not neccessarily. The majority of the 81 people voting to eliminate design B could prefer design C as their final choice.

ie as of this post 156 people have voted...of which 24 wish to eliminate A. Lets assume those 24 therefore vote for design C on the next round. Similarly,the 51 wishing to reject design C then vote for design A.
So far we have A-51 & C-24
But the 81 who have voted to reject design B could go either way..maybe 60 of them prefer design C over A. Which would give C the edge.
Ayway...you get my drift.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Halt
Senior
Senior

Post by Halt »

highway62 wrote:My prediction is that "A" is going to stroll to victory overall.
I still have hopes for design 'C'. Assuming 'B' is out, in the next round the current 'B' Eliminators' get to choose between A and C. And I can see that group vote differently than the current 'A'+'C' group. The current 'B" eliminator group is about the same size as the current 'A'+'C' group so I'd like to think no outcome is obvious yet.

I have a feeling that a lot of people will balance a higher appreciation for design 'A' with the feeling that 'C' is more suited for a FLE because it differs more from current offerings and FLE-2009.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

That's hardly the riskiest of predictions! It was obvious about 10 minutes after the poll opened that A will be the eventual winner even before the waste of time shoot out takes place. There won't be any X factor style tension built up with an overlong pause to announce the winner in this contest.

Just a shame its the plainest, least inspiring risk free design on offer, but its guaranteed to sell out faster than the more avant garde C design would, which is perhaps the most important thing considering the 2011 model is still available
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Agreed - certainly the voting is pointing that way and judging by the way the last forum vote (blue scooter, red jag) went, the most popular remains so throughout.

It will be interesting to see how many people cast votes each round.
lloyd_m
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by lloyd_m »

I have revisited this thread to see if any of the watches have grown on me. Sorry to say that C still has the 'Eek!' factor for me; I could never see that being on my wrist.
B I am indifferent about, so A is still the winner. However, there is a danger of it being so plain as to be boring, but I'm sure with a couple of tweaks it could be lifted to something very nice. Would it take a blue alligator C9 strap?
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

lloyd_m wrote:I have revisited this thread to see if any of the watches have grown on me. Sorry to say that C still has the 'Eek!' factor for me; I could never see that being on my wrist.
B I am indifferent about, so A is still the winner. However, there is a danger of it being so plain as to be boring, but I'm sure with a couple of tweaks it could be lifted to something very nice. Would it take a blue alligator C9 strap?

AFAIK these are the final designs & would only be lightly tweaked for ease of production, not to alter the actual design elements or style
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

Who is the design genius on the FLEC who came up with the full dial diameter crosshairs on A. As far as I can see they are not only original but they may be unique. Chanel have something close but not full depth/width, similar to C. Anyone identify precedents for this? Well done whoever!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I have had several looks but still feel that none of them are attractive enough for me to be spending my £450 on one. If forced A would be the winner but as others have said it is a bit akin to the C20 FLE and and a bit plain. Sorry guys I just do not like the other two at all. It is interesting to read all the comments and I hope the 100 sell out again this year.

Anybody who likes B or C want to bribe me to vote out A? :twisted:
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

It is a forum watch voted on by members of the forum. So I do not see why you should not vote just because you think that you won't buy one. Which one would you like to see as a Forum LE?

I had similar misgivings about the C20 FLE that it was a bit plain and boring but it grew to be one of my favourite watches. Do not dismiss a watch as it looks too simple. Just look at the C5. Getting a simple watch like that to look good takes effort.

It is interesting the comments on some of the designs as the fLEC have worked on these (and ones that did not get through our voting system) for weeks and know where the design came from and why it was changed the way it was to be what is in front of you now. It is a bit sad when a design gets called amateurish. There wa a lot of thought and discussion (and dissension) that went into each design. But I suppose all three are amateurish as none of the FLEC are professional designers. 8)
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin