2013 FLEC progress report #6

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
pcal
Senior
Senior

Re: 2013 FLEC progress report #6

Post by pcal »

Halt wrote:I think the guys in Switzerland already know the design is not within budget and they are kindly giving us some more time to save up some money. :D :D
What is the budget for the FLEC?
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"
CW-watches: 1

Post by 28800bph »

pcal wrote: What is the budget for the FLEC?
Budget was voted by the forum -- see this post here:
http://christopherwardforum.com/viewtop ... 60&t=13487

Up to GBP 450 / USD 685 was the winner
pcal
Senior
Senior

Post by pcal »

28800bph wrote:
pcal wrote: What is the budget for the FLEC?
Budget was voted by the forum -- see this post here:
http://christopherwardforum.com/viewtop ... 60&t=13487

Up to GBP 450 / USD 685 was the winner
Awesome, that'd work for me. Does it matter that I joined the forum after the voting started - i.e. does that preclude me from purchasing one?
sratansi
Senior
Senior

Post by sratansi »

I believe you can order one even after the voting closed.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

As soon as the post goes up to reserve one anyone can put in a reserve order as long as they are a member of the forum. It does not matter that they have joined that day.

Or with the new sales corner rules should we put the announcement up in sales corner? :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

The main voting hasn't begun!

What you voted for in the sequential polls (remember those?) was: style (sport), price (up to £450), movement (auto) and case (C10)

The FLEC, having cogitated, deliberated and taken all suggestions on board, has come up with three designs that are now with the Swiss side of the business. When Kip gets the thumbs up from Chris the voting process will begin for the final choice.

At some point in the future, orders will be taken, and that process will be explained by Kip at the time.

All members of the forum, I believe, are eligible to place an order.

There, I don't believe I've told you anything I shouldn't (e.g. sneak previews). Hope that helps to explain where we are at.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Pretty sure I read somewhere about the last FLE that you don't have to be a member to buy one so even those that just lurk can submit an e-mail and buy one if they like the look of it :thumbup:
bergamotte
Junior
Junior

Post by bergamotte »

I.I.D wrote:Pretty sure I read somewhere about the last FLE that you don't have to be a member to buy one so even those that just lurk can submit an e-mail and buy one if they like the look of it :thumbup:
Correct, You don't have to be a member although with the limited quantities, if you're not a member, you might not be aware in time?
frosty
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by frosty »

This weekend maybe for the next round of voting........please!!!
C63-39ADA3-UKRN-BO, C60-GMT-SKKO, C6LES + W5SWR2 (Mrs) _ W4SWP (daughter), C20 SST, C60 SWS, C6 SOS, C10 FLE, C60 SYS

Wants a Sector (UK rather than US version)
pcal
Senior
Senior

Post by pcal »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:The main voting hasn't begun!

What you voted for in the sequential polls (remember those?) was: style (sport), price (up to £450), movement (auto) and case (C10)

The FLEC, having cogitated, deliberated and taken all suggestions on board, has come up with three designs that are now with the Swiss side of the business. When Kip gets the thumbs up from Chris the voting process will begin for the final choice.

At some point in the future, orders will be taken, and that process will be explained by Kip at the time.

All members of the forum, I believe, are eligible to place an order.

There, I don't believe I've told you anything I shouldn't (e.g. sneak previews). Hope that helps to explain where we are at.
Thanks for clearing things up. Sorry for the newb questions but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be disappointed (if I was ineligible to order based on join date) if I ended up following this closely and voting in subsequent polls.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Kip wrote:
Macca wrote:At the risk of sounding impatient, are we there yet! :D
No! :(

Things are out of the Commissions hands at this time. We are waiting on higher powers. :)
But but but...

I know its out of our control, I am sure I am not the only one dying to vote on these designs!

:D
jackthedog
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by jackthedog »

Macca wrote:
Kip wrote:
Macca wrote:At the risk of sounding impatient, are we there yet! :D
No! :(

Things are out of the Commissions hands at this time. We are waiting on higher powers. :)
But but but...

I know its out of our control, I am sure I am not the only one dying to vote on these designs!

:D
Everytime I see a new post, I check this forum. Though I'm really waiting for the 13 number of threads to change to 14. Not that I've memorized it or anything.
sratansi
Senior
Senior

Post by sratansi »

this waiting is making more and more excited! cant wait for the next poll
Halt
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Halt »

Let's hope the waiting is soon over because otherwise the expectations will rise too high and the end result may disappoint. Personally I would opt for showing us the 3 choices now without further waiting and take the chance they are too expensive. It could cause a messy situation later but at least we can all participate in the fights about the costs etc. Right now that scenario sounds like more fun to me than the current 4 post per day asking if are we there yet. :D :D
xz100

Post by xz100 »

I am merrily saving away for this one! And look forward to the designs. :)