Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: 2013 FLEC progress report #6

Post by Mr Rick »

Some of us need to get a life. :lol:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

Mr Rick wrote:Some of us need to get a life. :lol:
Some of us need to get another bloody watch, so spin the damn milling machines up!

--
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Even if we could order one today, it would not be ready till the middle of next year. Patience, patience. :D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

Oh, the temptation to start a new thread, just to see the count jump up to 14... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I suspect I'd get lynched! :-D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Aesculapius wrote:Oh, the temptation to start a new thread, just to see the count jump up to 14... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I suspect I'd get lynched! :-D
That could be good bet at the moment. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Paddyobrien
Senior
Senior

Post by Paddyobrien »

I love it! Grown men strewn over at least two continents constantly checking their phone/laptops in anticipation of seeing a new toy for next year! Great fun!
C15 Henley Automatic.
C40 Speedhawk.
C60 GMT.
C900.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

Paddyobrien wrote:I love it! Grown men strewn over at least two continents constantly checking their phone/laptops in anticipation of seeing a new toy for next year! Great fun!
And desktops and tablets!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

And the wait goes on :jump2:
Don't know whats taking them so long as we all know they can use calculators

Jimbob
CW-watches: 3

Post by Jimbob »

Lets be clear about this, this thread is (a) Grown men accross (b) many continents using (c) all sorts of devices and applications to keep track of (d) a thread that will announce the (e) possible arrival of a new toy that we, or certainly I, will need to think of (f) a bloody good excuse as to why ANOTHER watch has shown up and (g) my kids pointing it out and saying "why has daddy got another watch".

At least all this waiting time is allowing me to construct a suitably implausible story (that "MUST" therefore be true) as to why this new box has arrived at the front door.

Loving it :lol:
synthdood
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by synthdood »

Jimbob wrote: At least all this waiting time is allowing me to construct a suitably implausible story (that "MUST" therefore be true) as to why this new box has arrived at the front door.
lol:
This is why I have most packages delivered at work. Makes life easier in many ways :twisted:
Have: C60 GMT, Seiko Spirit SBPP001
Want: Speedy, Portuguese
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

synthdood wrote:
Jimbob wrote: At least all this waiting time is allowing me to construct a suitably implausible story (that "MUST" therefore be true) as to why this new box has arrived at the front door.
lol:
This is why I have most packages delivered at work. Makes life easier in many ways :twisted:
I am seriously going to consider this as an option! The amount of grief I get at home every time another parcel arrives....sheesh!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

synthdood wrote:
lol:
Trouble is, I get busted by the kids. Hawk-eye son can spot a new watch on a dark night under 15 layers of clothing. I'm starting to think I may need to buy them in pairs and buy him off :problem:
Paddyobrien
Senior
Senior

Post by Paddyobrien »

Jimbob wrote:
synthdood wrote:
lol:
Trouble is, I get busted by the kids. Hawk-eye son can spot a new watch on a dark night under 15 layers of clothing. I'm starting to think I may need to buy them in pairs and buy him off :problem:

Tell them a mate at work was selling one cheap and you got a great deal. Works on my misses so far....
C15 Henley Automatic.
C40 Speedhawk.
C60 GMT.
C900.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jmarchitect »

There is no hard and fast method to avoid GBH of the ear. I have considered every which way to bring the shiny ticking thing in under the radar but ultimately understand that it will be noticed and waspishly commented on and hence just man up and take the licking at the earliest opportunity. A bit like pulling a plaster off quickly rather than drawing the pain out.

Consider this scenario. My pam homage turned up from the states way before it should have. Normally keeping an eye on the tracking would give me an indication of when to wait for my friendly postman so I can get to the parcel first. When it arrived my mother-in-law was staying and I arrived home from work to a slightly frosty atmosphere and the watch was sitting on the kitchen table on top of the packaging. I can imagine the conversations that took place before I got home. So I just put it on and got on with it. My daughter pointed it out and said 'I like your new watch daddy! Can I see it glow?' Well at least one female in the house saw the positive side at least! :lol:
bergamotte
Junior
Junior

Post by bergamotte »

jmarchitect wrote: My daughter pointed it out and said 'I like your new watch daddy! Can I see it glow?' Well at least one female in the house saw the positive side at least! :lol:
I have exactly the same thing here, the kids find amazing that the watch glow in the dark while my better half find it pointless :wink: