LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

2013 FLEC progress report #2

Post by Kip »

Since my last report on the activities of the 2013 FLEC, polls 3 and 4, on movement and case, have been completed. The FLEC now has the necessary parameters to move forward with the design phase.

We had some very spirited discussions before arriving at the case poll format. Especially as to, should the C11 case be included or not. We also debated, at length, as to how we should present the cases to you. In the end, it was decided to show you a blank case so as not to contaminate your thinking about a given model.

While the final case poll has been running, we have actually been hard at work on a couple of ideas, but didn't dare to move forward to quickly until the parameter polls were completed. The ideas and options are expected to start flowing now. As our design period is really quite narrow we expect to be very busy. Most certainly the Photoshop crew will be.

We shall be working on a sports style watch, with a mechanical movement, in a C10 case and trying to bring the project in at 450GBP/685USD maximum based on the polls.

Many more questions have been asked of Chris that will help us decide on a few different option possibilities. We have received a response we shall continue to move ahead.

One thing that has been discussed is if we should calculate a bracelet into the budget. For now, we have decided to operate using a standard leather strap to keep costs at a minimum. Alligator/Nato/bracelets as options may be offered as additional cost options depending on the final designs. Chris is willing to develop new shoulders for the C10 case if the demand is sufficient. You may find a poll in the near future to gauge interest.

One of the mandates of the FLEC members was to review the many threads that contained FLE ideas and suggestions. This has been done, and summarized, for the FLEC to review and stimulate our brains. Unfortunately we cannot think of all possibilities.

One of you may hold the secret thought that stimulates the development of this FLE.

Therefore, we would invite the forum members at this time to please submit any Photoshop or similar program drawings to us. We are very open for suggestions and encourage you to participate in this manner. There are no guarantees that your ideas will or will not be used, but it may trigger a thought that will be.

We have already taken the work done by "Aesculapius" into the fold. We are not looking for a completely done design.... We are looking for concepts.

If you wish to submit a drawing/Photoshop, please do so as soon as possible, as we have entered the design phase.

Please submit your ideas and/or designs to me by Sept 9. I realize that this is not a lot of time, but we don't have much.

Please send via pm or email to me and I will post for the FLEC to view and discuss. This is to hopefully simplify for the FLEC. Of course you are welcome to discuss on the open forum, but we are trying to centralize the drawings for ease of reference.

Stay tuned for further developements......
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Macca

Re: 2013 FLEC progress report #2

Post by Macca »

The potetial to customise the C10 case sounds great KIp, keep up the good work, all sounds great so far. I honestly think you would struggle to keep us all better informed.
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by DSHall »

Great work all round. Well done guys.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

The very best of luck to all FLEC members at this stage.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Agreed, I find the communication fanatstic on this FLE 2013 watch!!

Hats off to the committe so far.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

Great job so far, looking forward to some designs. Good to know Chris is up for some changes to the lugs on the C10 case, maybe they could be increased to 22mm and shaped to fit the C60/C700 bracelet. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Mr Kirk »

Really hoping a bracelet can be sorted for this. I voted up to £450 in the poll, knowing that it would come with a leather strap, but would happily pay the extra (£50?) for a bracelet.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
Fishnchips

Post by Fishnchips »

I am completely new to CWL but I am so excited by this watch. Do I have to meet any requirements to get my hand on one of these? How many get made?

:rate10:
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

Fishnchips wrote:I am completely new to CWL but I am so excited by this watch. Do I have to meet any requirements to get my hand on one of these? How many get made?

:rate10:
These will be sold on a first come first served basis, you already qualify being a member of the forum.
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

Fishnchips wrote: Do I have to meet any requirements to get my hand on one of these?
1) Are you a member?
2) Can you pay for it?
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Well done so far FLEC :)
ahogg2102
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by ahogg2102 »

Now we have done our part voting in the polls, I expect the committee's job now gets hard trying to turn this into a actual watch.
:D
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Aesculapius »

Kip,

Just for the sake of clarification, when you refer to Chris possibly developing new shoulders for the C10 case in order to accommodate a potential bracelet option, do you mean a re-design of the shape of lugs on the C10 case itself or is he talking about producing new "shoulders" in the sense of the shaped "end-piece" for a bracelet that covers the spring-bars and joins the attachment to the first link, thus allowing a bracelet to fit neatly into the space between the lugs on the case, rather than any adjustment to the case itself?

Thanks!
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

He means new shoulders for an existing bracelet if CWL don't do a bracelet specifically for the C10. So the shoulders are the end pieces of the bracelet. The case would have to be retooled and therefore create a new case if the lugs were altered.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

To confirm what Ian has stated....

If the bracelet option is explored...The adjustment would be made to an existing CWL bracelet via the connecting pieces (shoulders) being designed to fit the C10 case.

I would also like to reiterate to anyone contemplating a design submission, that under no circumstances will the C10 case size specs and dimensions be modified other than, possibly, the finish and caseback.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.