2013 FLE - Case Poll

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out

2013 FLE - Case Poll (please read before voting)

Poll ended at Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 am

C20
10%
C60
9%
C10
50%
C9
8%
C8
5%
C5 MkII
18%

Total votes: 134

paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Re: 2013 FLE - Case Poll

Post by paw3001 »

Mr Rick wrote:On the subject of the need for polished cases and exhibition backs, keep in mind that the C5 case is already available polished and with an exhibition back. No added costs incurred there. :thumbup:

( No I won't give up on my C5 case crusade.) :lol:
Ringo tells me that Thomas the Tank engine says the C5 is a lost cause that not even John would take up :lol:
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

So does the C20! plus its 100m WR WITH a decent bracelet!...its THE sports case! :lol: :lol:
I miss all the great things that may never be.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

hantsman wrote:I think a few people think that we have the face of the watch already decided. :(
It certainly is not. But if someone runs a poll and 100 people say they would COMMIT to buying it I am sure CWL would make it. :D
Dancematt wrote:So does the C20! plus its 100m WR WITH a decent bracelet!...its THE sports case! :lol: :lol:
I initially thought that the C10 or C5 would be good choices and had originally dismissed the C20 as it had been done but I have changed my vote to that. As said it has the right qualifications and at 40mm is a good size. The previous 2009 FLE took the quartz C2 and made it an auto and changed the colours. They did not do any design on it. With this years process I think that the design can be something other than the standard C20 design which would make it more interesting.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

ianblyth wrote:
hantsman wrote:I think a few people think that we have the face of the watch already decided. :(
It certainly is not. But if someone runs a poll and 100 people say they would COMMIT to buying it I am sure CWL would make it. :D
Dancematt wrote:So does the C20! plus its 100m WR WITH a decent bracelet!...its THE sports case! :lol: :lol:
I initially thought that the C10 or C5 would eb good choices and had originally dismissed the C20 as it had been done but I have changed my vote to that. As said it has the right qualifications and at 40mm is a good size. The previous 2009 FLE took the quartz C2 and made it an auto and changed the colours. They did not di any design on it. With this years process I think that the design can be something other than the standard C20 design which would make it more interesting.
At last a member of the inner circle has come around! does that mean i get the tie with inner circle insignia like you guys? 8)

Who else is with me? All the groundwork is done with the C20 case - all thats needed is to change the bezel perhaps!

The c20 is an awesome watch! it sold out so well for the 2009 FLE - plus i fear the standard version may be discontinued from the range some time in the future (although i base that feeling on nothing what so ever)...
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Dancematt wrote:At last a member of the inner circle has come around! does that mean i get the tie with inner circle insignia like you guys?
Unfortunately I am not a member of any inner circle but I am a member of the FLEC but this opinion is my own.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Dancematt wrote:
ianblyth wrote:
I initially thought that the C10 or C5 would eb good choices and had originally dismissed the C20 as it had been done but I have changed my vote to that. As said it has the right qualifications and at 40mm is a good size. The previous 2009 FLE took the quartz C2 and made it an auto and changed the colours. They did not di any design on it. With this years process I think that the design can be something other than the standard C20 design which would make it more interesting.
At last a member of the inner circle has come around! does that mean i get the tie with inner circle insignia like you guys? 8)

Who else is with me? All the groundwork is done with the C20 case - all thats needed is to change the bezel perhaps!

The c20 is an awesome watch! it sold out so well for the 2009 FLE - plus i fear the standard version may be discontinued from the range some time in the future (although i base that feeling on nothing what so ever)...

Sorry, I just can't get past the unconventional mounting of the bracelet/strap.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

Rick is right, the C20 would have been a better watch with standard lugs, I like to swap straps for a differnt look on my watches. :(
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

alphajet wrote:Rick is right, the C20 would have been a better watch with standard lugs, I like to swap straps for a differnt look on my watches. :(
Its only downside - curses! :?
downer

Post by downer »

Dancematt wrote:
alphajet wrote:Rick is right, the C20 would have been a better watch with standard lugs, I like to swap straps for a differnt look on my watches. :(
Its only downside - curses! :?
Exactly right. Otherwise, I agree, it is THE sports watch case in the lineup.
Richard
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

We have already had an FLE using the C20, C9 and C60 cases. All very yesterday!

There is, at present only one variant using the C10 case which represents the future. It looks as if it's going that way, satisfies the price and sports criteria, so let's celebrate!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

robinbarke wrote:We have already had an FLE using the C20, C9 and C60 cases. All very yesterday!

There is, at present only one variant using the C10 case which represents the future. It looks as if it's going that way, satisfies the price and sports ctriteria, so let's celebrate!

Robin

Celebrate is a bit too far for me. But +1
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Count me among the group who would be really disappointed by a C2-based FLE. While I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 2009 FLE, another C2 based FLE would mean three C2(0) watches in my collection. I don't need that kind of redundancy. I suppose if the 2013 FLE is a real looker, then I could move my Black C2 to another home, but I'd rather not have to make that decision.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Magnus »

I agree with this. It's a shame about the lack of step options with the c20 case otherwise I'd have voted for it
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Magnus »

Magnus wrote:
I agree with this. It's a shame about the lack of step options with the c20 case otherwise I'd have voted for it
I, of course, mean 'strap'.
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
Fishnchips

Post by Fishnchips »

After looking at this I really like the C10 but how do I change my vote?