2013 FLE Price Point Poll

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out

2013 FLE - Approximate Price Point Poll (please read before voting)

Poll ended at Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:20 am

Up to GBP 300 / USD 400
2%
Up to GBP 450 / USD 685
59%
Up to GBP 600 / USD 825
31%
Up to GBP 750 / USD 1025
4%
Above GBP 750 / USD 1025
3%

Total votes: 124

alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: 2013 FLE Price Point Poll

Post by alphajet »

Gone with the £450, no suprises realy thats where the earlier (unofficial) poll was heading. I have faith that the FLEC can give us some interesting alternatives in this price range that do not excude too many members on price. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

before people get hung up on not being able to produce a decent watch under £500, let's look at what the prior LEs cost.

2012: £335
2011: £720
2009: ??
2008: £217.02

couldn't find the price in the 09 forum, so i'm sure someone can chip in here with that info. but the *only* one that didn't sell out was the £720 watch. all of the rest sold out and all of the rest were under £400.

i know there were some other factors as to why the 2011 didn't sell out, but let's be honest. we can get a very nice watch for £450 and if it shoots up over £700, the market will get much smaller.
the "g" is for Greg...
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

The 2011FLE was £599.

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by robinbarke »

Mr Rick wrote:I'm still holding out for an automatic GMT/Chrono/Monopusher. :roll:
Need a few more ticks in the top box!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
mikeodwyer
Senior
Senior

Post by mikeodwyer »

I went with £600.00, with the view that I didn't mind spending a bit more than £450.00 for a good LE.
Hoping at the same time it would cost a bit less :D
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

gwells wrote:couldn't find the price in the 09 forum, so i'm sure someone can chip in here with that info.
My C20 FLE was £310 with a bracelet. Bit 2009 was 3 years ago and prices have moved. In order to do a like for comparison you need to use tables that give you the net present value. I know these exist as a tax consultant showed them to me years ago and they all use these tables.

I managed to get my C20 FLE even though I did not join the forum until Jan 2010. There were still some watches available believe it or not. Even though it is a bit of a darling of the forum now it took a while to fully sell out.

With the 2012 one Chris did us a favour by using the original price of the C60 and the price of the old bracelet at the time of the design so that FLE got a bit of price help from CWL.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

I.I.D wrote:
Mr Rick wrote:I'm still holding out for an automatic GMT/Chrono/Monopusher. :roll:
Sounds good, especially for £450. Now that's a suitable challenge for the FLEC :lol:
The cheapest most expensive FLE in the world?
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by AliBar »

Some interesting discussion so far. In my mind, as long as people have included a (hopefully seen as reasonable) +/-10% type equation to their voting pattern then, whatever the result, it gives the FLEC some flex to be able to look at options and prepare something that won't/shouldn't cause a shock reaction.

Keep up the good work guys... no-one could say that it's not been an engaging process so far :thumbup: .
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
hantsman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by hantsman »

mikeodwyer wrote:I went with £600.00, with the view that I didn't mind spending a bit more than £450.00 for a good LE.
plus 1

Around £475 - £525
sparky135
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by sparky135 »

hantsman wrote:
mikeodwyer wrote:I went with £600.00, with the view that I didn't mind spending a bit more than £450.00 for a good LE.
plus 1

Around £475 - £525
That was pretty much my thought process too.

As has already been said by a couple of people we should get a pretty cool looking watch within that price range.
John

Current: C7BRGT-390-MK2, C3SKK, C8SKK-MK2, C5GWT, Seiko Diver
Incoming: something from Santa
On the radar: C60 GMT, C9 GMT, Stowa Antea 390, Damasko DA36, Nomos Tangente
SWMBO: S21-MOP-SBS
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

nuttcrac69 wrote:I personally believe that one cannot expect much under GBP600...... The FLE is supposed to be something special and if the price is limited too much the options are less and we just end up with another LE watch that nobody wants.....
It depends what you mean by 'special'. In certainly does have to be something unique. It can be anywhere between a vanilla watch with a colour scheme that's not generally available (like the 2012LE) or the product of boundary pushing (like the 2011LE).
This year we (I mean 'we' the forum - not the keyholders of the inner circle washroom) are trying to rebalance the process and see if we can retain an acceptable level of 'specialness'. After the 4 polls the FLEC will be fairly constrained but has the job of developing options to present to the forum. The challenges will be different at different price points but the level of 'specialness' has to be there irrespective of the price.

Tough job either way - only an idiot would take it on ... doh!
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

gwells wrote:before people get hung up on not being able to produce a decent watch under £500, let's look at what the prior LEs cost.

couldn't find the price in the 09 forum, so i'm sure someone can chip in here with that info. but the *only* one that didn't sell out was the £720 watch. all of the rest sold out and all of the rest were under £400.

i know there were some other factors as to why the 2011 didn't sell out, but let's be honest. we can get a very nice watch for £450 and if it shoots up over £700, the market will get much smaller.
I'm guessing that the majority of people buying the 2012 FLE would have bought it with the bracelet. The cost of that combination was £375. It was more cost effective to get it with the bracelet and to buy a strap separately, if required.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Loddonite wrote:
nuttcrac69 wrote:I personally believe that one cannot expect much under GBP600...... The FLE is supposed to be something special and if the price is limited too much the options are less and we just end up with another LE watch that nobody wants.....
It depends what you mean by 'special'. In certainly does have to be something unique. It can be anywhere between a vanilla watch with a colour scheme that's not generally available (like the 2012LE) or the product of boundary pushing (like the 2011LE).
This year we (I mean 'we' the forum - not the keyholders of the inner circle washroom) are trying to rebalance the process and see if we can retain an acceptable level of 'specialness'. After the 4 polls the FLEC will be fairly constrained but has the job of developing options to present to the forum. The challenges will be different at different price points but the level of 'specialness' has to be there irrespective of the price.

Tough job either way - only an idiot would take it on ... doh!
Dom........there are a few idiots that would like to see you at the inner circle entrance. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

scooter wrote:
gwells wrote:before people get hung up on not being able to produce a decent watch under £500, let's look at what the prior LEs cost.

I'm guessing that the majority of people buying the 2012 FLE would have bought it with the bracelet. The cost of that combination was £375. It was more cost effective to get it with the bracelet and to buy a strap separately, if required.

scooter
that's a fair point. still, significantly below £500 last year, even with the bracelet.

i realize that some of those watches were in 2-3 year old values, not counting inflation. but only one was in the £700+ range.

i'm not saying that a £700 FLE should completely be off the table. just pointing out that we don't *have* to go to that level to come up with a nice FLE. a sub-£500 watch could still be a very interesting and popular watch. i wear my 2012 FLE every week more days than i wear my other watches.
the "g" is for Greg...
kiwi001
CW-watches: 2

Post by kiwi001 »

I vote above £450, gives the team more scope to work with a hopefully come up with a watch with a original twist suitable for a FLE version, ESP as sports is the preferred genre, looking forward to the result.