2013 FLE Price Point Poll

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out

2013 FLE - Approximate Price Point Poll (please read before voting)

Poll ended at Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:20 am

Up to GBP 300 / USD 400
2%
Up to GBP 450 / USD 685
59%
Up to GBP 600 / USD 825
31%
Up to GBP 750 / USD 1025
4%
Above GBP 750 / USD 1025
3%

Total votes: 124

hantsman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Re: 2013 FLE Price Point Poll

Post by hantsman »

Rookie1986 wrote:I've moved my vote up to £600 to try and give a little more play for us all when it comes to case and movement but it still looks like £450 is going to win it, the FLE team are going to have to get their thinking caps on because going by the other threads people are expecting a LOT for £450!!!

Rookie
Actually I think its "a cunning plan" by the FLE TEAM :lol: LETS KEEP IT UNDER £500
CHAPS.
jackthedog
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by jackthedog »

That's a tough call but it seems like the 450GBP option is the runaway winner.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

jackthedog wrote:That's a tough call but it seems like the 450GBP option is the runaway winner.
Certainly true at the moment, but if the 37 members that voted in the first poll and haven't voted yet in this one, voted for up to 600/825 we would have a new leader!

If you haven't voted yet there is still time and they still matter. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Be cool if Hans could make a banner below the "visit the CWL website to support this forum" banner to tell/ link people to the forum watch voting area.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Rookie1986
Expert
Expert

Post by Rookie1986 »

Not long left now and the voting looks set for a £450 win!
Waldoh
Junior
Junior

2013 FLE Price Point Poll

Post by Waldoh »

hantsman wrote:
Rookie1986 wrote:I've moved my vote up to £600 to try and give a little more play for us all when it comes to case and movement but it still looks like £450 is going to win it, the FLE team are going to have to get their thinking caps on because going by the other threads people are expecting a LOT for £450!!!

Rookie
Actually I think its "a cunning plan" by the FLE TEAM :lol: LETS KEEP IT UNDER £500
CHAPS.
Or just cut the profit margin as a proper thank you to the forum :D
Macca

Post by Macca »

Really pleased with the price range vote, I might be able to afford it!!
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

One possible angle on this voting would be that customers seem happy to spend in the £300-£600 range for a CWL watch, which to me suggests that all the price rises over the past year or so have done the company no harm at all. Even two years ago everything bar the mechanical chronos were under £300 so it is interesting to see how times, and the image of CWL, have changed.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

Mortis wrote:One possible angle on this voting would be that customers seem happy to spend in the £300-£600 range for a CWL watch, which to me suggests that all the price rises over the past year or so have done the company no harm at all. Even two years ago everything bar the mechanical chronos were under £300 so it is interesting to see how times, and the image of CWL, have changed.
Or is it just that people will pay more for a FLE [exclusivity] ... ?
Macca

Post by Macca »

mabotham wrote:
Mortis wrote:One possible angle on this voting would be that customers seem happy to spend in the £300-£600 range for a CWL watch, which to me suggests that all the price rises over the past year or so have done the company no harm at all. Even two years ago everything bar the mechanical chronos were under £300 so it is interesting to see how times, and the image of CWL, have changed.
Or is it just that people will pay more for a FLE [exclusivity] ... ?
I just want something a bit unique to hold on to that I am quite sure none of my watch loving friends will buy.. its always nice, plus they think CW are a bit of a joke next to their more established brands so I love showing them off to be honest, one of my friends inparticular was most cheesed of when we got into an argument about watches at the pub and the very pretty bar lady said my GMT was nicer than his planet ocean :-)

So there you go... Christopher Ward: Great for annoying watch snobs!
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Perhaps it's not just the image of CWL that has changed, but also the average profile of the CW forum member.

Lots of new members have joined since the last 2 FLEs were designed and released, while others have left the forum or no longer buy CW watches even if they still participate in the forum.

If a fair number of the newer members are willing to spend more on watches in general and those who left were those that preferred a lower price point, that would push the minimum price level up.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen