The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: 2013 General Discussion

Post by andyg »

Aesculapius wrote:For the sake of completeness, this is the final set of sketches that I have been playing with.

Disclaimer: I do not in any way expect that the agreed finished version of the 2013 FLE will look even remotely like this; heck, I don't even know which case will be chosen yet...! :D

Oh, and the only reason they're all blue is that it's easier to allow comparison of the face textures. I could have re-drawn them all in grey or something else but could didn't want to spend that much time on it.

OK, move right along now - nothing else to see here... 8)
Whilst these look very Aqua Terraesque... :rate10:
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

cholmes wrote:Macca- I just downloaded a picture of the C10 online and used photoshop to modify it. I tried to use hands and a crown that already exists. I sent these two to Kip earlier today.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... esFLE2.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... mesFLE.jpg
Use the IMG code instead of the url code. :D

Also if you look at the new designs the logo, automatic and Swiss Made are all in capitals. I am not sure that we can change that although it does soften the logo.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
radiohack
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by radiohack »

ABW wrote:
nathanclarinet wrote:I think this looks pretty sporty (pics from WUS - thanks!)

Can the FLEC consider something along these lines? If so I would be one happy man :clap:
Ok chaps, what is this and where do I get one??? Can't see anything even close on the Steinhart website.
+1 this watch looks fantastic! If the FLE turns out anything like this I'd be a happy chap.
In any case, so far from the threads I've read, it's ticking all the right boxes.
Rookie1986
Expert
Expert

Post by Rookie1986 »

Ok, a slight change on things. I've had a bit of a play about with things this morning and come up with this:

Like I said before, I'm no artist, don't have photoshop or any software to do editing on a computer and until we started this thread didn't even have a pencil to draw my ideas with but I guess if i don't try and put my ideas out there and just use the "don't have photoshop" excuse then I'm not really getting involved and thats what makes this process so much fun!

Obviously the PVD case idea still stands from my original idea and can be seen on the first of the coloured examples down the right hand side. I have also included two examples with a standard C10 finishing because without the perimeters of how much PVD coating costs we might find its something that our budget wont stretch to.

I have altered the pointers although feel that the second hand might be a little OTT but as far as just pushing forward with ideas it will do for now. I have also removed the lume option from the pointers and gave them a slight peak so they don't just look plain and flat.

I've kept the strap the same as before with the small coloured holes peaking through and we could always add coloured stitching to the strap to make it stand out a little bit more. Again if we went with the PVD coating I would want to see this applied to the butterfly clasp to make it in keeping with the rest of the watch design.

I added both the 12 o'clock and then the 1-11 o'clock markers to the dial, they are of a simple style and can be finished in what ever colour matches the final theme of the watch. The second and minuet markers are also only a simple shape but I think an inner dial with markings could be a better option....

Anyway, I guess thats my idea "updated" - hope someone out there likes some of it :)

Rookie
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

2013 General Discussion

Post by ianblyth »

Changing the lug width would be in effect a new case so that is not possible.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Rookie1986
Expert
Expert

Post by Rookie1986 »

ianblyth wrote:Changing the lug width would be in effect a new case so that is not possible.
I just realised this after reading the other FLE thread, same offering then with a 20mm version of the strap mentioned...

Rookie
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I can't use photoshop, so sadly can't post a picture, but....

I'd like to see a black PVD case, with black dial. If possible minute numbers on the bezel at 10, 20 and so on to 60. If not, then number on the face at 3,6,9 and 0. If possible I'd like a day complication, with day and date at the 3 position. Numbers in silver. I'd like red minute markers and a red second hand. Hour and minute hands in silver. All worn on a black leather strap with red contrast stitching. I'd want a strap with no taper as a 42mm watch in and 18mm strap might look odd. And CWL already do a 20mm PVD clasp. :thumbup:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Macca

Post by Macca »

Clach77 wrote:I can't use photoshop, so sadly can't post a picture, but....

I'd like to see a black PVD case, with black dial. If possible minute numbers on the bezel at 10, 20 and so on to 60. If not, then number on the face at 3,6,9 and 0. If possible I'd like a day complication, with day and date at the 3 position. Numbers in silver. I'd like red minute markers and a red second hand. Hour and minute hands in silver. All worn on a black leather strap with red contrast stitching. I'd want a strap with no taper as a 42mm watch in and 18mm strap might look odd. And CWL already do a 20mm PVD clasp. :thumbup:
Very good call, alright who is going to draw an artists interpretation for us :-)
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Does anyone know if the eta 2836-2 movement will fit in the C10 case? If so I think the following would look great

Polished C10 case
Eta 2836-2 day / date movement
Mid grey flat face with C20 or C20 style batons modified to retain the silver bevel edges but have a red top / face
Silver C20 hands with an all red second hand
Silver surround to day date window.
Makers name & automatic in red lettering
Black leather strap with red stitching.

The steinhart is nice, but the hands look clumsy & more aviator than sports for me and in all red they unbalance an otherwise stylish watch.
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

2013 General Discussion

Post by Mr Kirk »

Two very good posts there.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
highway62

Post by highway62 »

A PVD case would not be for me, just don't want anoher black case watch
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

highway62 wrote:A PVD case would not be for me, just don't want anoher black case watch
+1 on this.

I'm leaning towards a dressy sports type affair. Ala Aesculapius' idea and Photoshop presentation. 8)

Unless we throw all of the Poll's out of the window and go with a C600 FLE! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy

ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ddav »

Love my CW watches but please put decent Lume on it!!! :thumbup:
Everytime I glance at my Tag during the day it reminds me how poor the CW effort is.
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

ddav wrote:Love my CW watches but please put decent Lume on it!!! :thumbup:
Everytime I glance at my Tag during the day it reminds me how poor the CW effort is.
+++++100 on this :thumbup:

Best Lume on a CW is the 2011 FLE.
Andy

Macca

Post by Macca »

andyg wrote:
ddav wrote:Love my CW watches but please put decent Lume on it!!! :thumbup:
+++++100 on this :thumbup:

Best Lume on a CW is the 2011 FLE.
Of all my watches the Lume on my C60 GMT is also decent and the blue on my C8 is ok too.. not a match for my seiko or my steinhart though