Sold out
watchtheclock
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: FLE - Questions

Post by watchtheclock »

Axelay2003 wrote:This will be my first CW limited ed watch. :clap:
Me too i find it so exciting that CWL does this for the forums. Its makes the watch that comes out of this joint venture so much more meaningful knowing that we had a part in designing it. When you wear it it gives you a sense of pride. I am working on Buying my 3RD CWL soon. I LOVE CWL!!! :thumbup:
CW C11 MSL MK1 Automatic, CW C60 Trident Pro Blue/Blue, CW C8 Power Reserve, Baume & Mercier Classim, Shinola Runwell Chrono, Lumtech Bull 45 Green dial. Looking for a C8 Regulator Steel.
Rookie1986
Expert
Expert

Post by Rookie1986 »

So with the 4th and final poll well on its way and almost a sure winner already apparent where do things go next?? For us who haven't seen things go our way (voting) do we step back from the process now and leave it to the people whos votes won??

Rookie
hantsman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by hantsman »

Rookie1986 wrote:So with the 4th and final poll well on its way and almost a sure winner already apparent where do things go next?? For us who haven't seen things go our way (voting) do we step back from the process now and leave it to the people whos votes won??

Rookie
People who vote don't always buy the watch
Macca

Post by Macca »

Hell no because everybody gets a say, thats the idea, I think whatever the outcome just stick with it, and if you have an opinion or suggestion then put it forward, nobody can listen to a silent protest!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

And people who didn't vote can buy it just the same.

Rookie, if you are still interested despite the votes not going your way, please bring out your ideas and designs.

My own personal voting would have produced a 39mm hand-wound marine watch at up to £600...how wrong is it possible to be? :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Rookie1986
Expert
Expert

Post by Rookie1986 »

Macca wrote:Hell no because everybody gets a say, thats the idea, I think whatever the outcome just stick with it, and if you have an opinion or suggestion then put it forward, nobody can listen to a silent protest!
I'm not here to protest things, the process has been conducted in the best way possible to please as many people as possible and I can't argue with that. I'm happy to sit back and see how things play out, I just wasn't sure how the process continued after the voting and if us who didn't win on any vote were now out of the process.
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:And people who didn't vote can buy it just the same.

Rookie, if you are still interested despite the votes not going your way, please bring out your ideas and designs.

My own personal voting would have produced a 39mm hand-wound marine watch at up to £600...how wrong is it possible to be? :lol:
Technical drawings aren't my strong point so I won't be posting any design ideas up and until we know the exact limitations of our remaining budget it would be very hard to come up with specifics on design features.

Rookie
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Rookie1986 wrote: ...I just wasn't sure how the process continued after the voting and if us who didn't win on any vote were now out of the process.Rookie
Nope...everyone is entitled to a say at all stages of the process no matter what.
Rookie1986 wrote: Technical drawings aren't my strong point so I won't be posting any design ideas up and until we know the exact limitations of our remaining budget it would be very hard to come up with specifics on design features.

Rookie
Me neither.....trust me on this,a rough doodle with some written descriptions will do,and there is always someone who is skilled enough to translate that into something more 'arty'.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

village wrote:
Rookie1986 wrote: Technical drawings aren't my strong point...
Me neither.....trust me on this
Believe me, you can trust him on that... :lol:

... or a linky to or picture of the watch(es) that demonstrate(s) the features to want to put forward.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Would be interesting finding a Swiss made hand wound movement to fit the 39mm case, unless you went for NOS as Eddie did with the Precista Czech Air Force. :?
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

CWL would have to find it, source it and make sure it fits the case. Considering how busy they are it seems unlikely and if they did would put the FLE back months.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

alphajet wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Would be interesting finding a Swiss made hand wound movement to fit the 39mm case, unless you went for NOS as Eddie did with the Precista Czech Air Force. :?
An ETA 2801-2 would fit easy.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Axelay2003
Senior
Senior

Post by Axelay2003 »

NO DATE would be killer. :clap:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Axelay2003 wrote:NO DATE would be killer. :clap:
Bit of a mixed message that.....
Killer as in 'that would be good' (hence the clapping smiley),or
Killer as in 'that would be bad' ?
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by cholmes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:My own personal voting would have produced a 39mm hand-wound marine watch at up to £600...how wrong is it possible to be? :lol:
me too, exactly!
Rookie1986
Expert
Expert

Post by Rookie1986 »

village wrote:
Axelay2003 wrote:NO DATE would be killer. :clap:
Bit of a mixed message that.....
Killer as in 'that would be good' (hence the clapping smiley),or
Killer as in 'that would be bad' ?
was thinking the same lol!