2013 FLE - Watch Style poll

The fifth forum Limited Edition
Sold out

2013 FLE - Watch Style Poll (please read before voting)

Poll ended at Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Dress – (for example - C5, Hamilton Intra-Matic, Stowa Antea)
11%
Diver – (for example - C60, Rolex Submariner, Steinhart Ocean 2, Orient Mako)
10%
Aviator/Military – (for example - C8, Stowa Flieger, Smiths PRS-29A)
18%
Sports – (for example - Rolex Explorer I and II, Omega Aqua Terra)
46%
Marine – (for example - Stowa Marine, Archimede Deckwatch)
16%

Total votes: 147

asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: 2013 FLE - Watch Style poll

Post by asqwerth »

cholmes wrote:"I'm inclined to agree -- CW already have a pretty decent range of aviators and the new C10 just adds another nice option to that list. Dive and dress are also pretty well covered. I went for Marine rather than Sports but following the same basic logic as you. It's something I'd like which so far hasn't appeared in the CWL range at all so would therefore make a really nice and very exclusive FLE."

ME TOO!

Go Marine! Its not too late for all you sports people to jump to Marine, and I encourage all the dress people to look at the Marine comparisons.

Just a gentle persuasion.
I went for the Marine for the same reasons, too.

My only hope is that they use the smaller 38-39mm cases (which means auto movement) so that I can finally get one in a size suitable for slim wrists! From what I see, most marine watches are large - at least 42mm - because they use Unitas handwound movements. Stowa has a 40mm auto marine watch model, but they are pricey.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by cholmes »

That is exactly why I haven't gone with the Archimedes yet. Another very large watch. I like the idea of hand wound as well as automatic, but the size!.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Loddonite wrote:
mabotham wrote:The trouble with that is more than 50% do not want it!
No... more than 50% have expressed a preference for something else.

Correct. So will those who do not prefer something go on to buy it?

Time will tell.

Is a production of 100? First come first serve or will longer-serving members get priority?
Would seem wrong they they do not.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

mabotham wrote:

Time will tell.

Is a production of 100? First come first serve or will longer-serving members get priority?

I would expect it to be first come first served. Why should longstanding members get priority? More importantly, are members limited to buying just one FLE each, or can they buy as many as they can afford? In other spheres I've heard of people buying up batches of collectable stuff to then sell on later at inflated prices once they've cornered the market :shock:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

mabotham wrote:
Loddonite wrote:
mabotham wrote:The trouble with that is more than 50% do not want it!
No... more than 50% have expressed a preference for something else.

Correct. So will those who do not prefer something go on to buy it? - Aye,there's the rub!

Time will tell. Indeed it will.It will,in the end,come down to the final design. Although those 50%+ have expressed a preference for a sports watch,that type of watch is fairly wide ranging in design plus it's not to say that although Joe Bloggs prefers the LE to be a dress watch,he will be quite happy if it's a sports watch.

Would seem wrong they they do not. Basically first come,first served
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

I.I.D wrote:
mabotham wrote:

Time will tell.

I would expect it to be first come first served. Why should longstanding members get priority? More importantly, are members limited to buying just one FLE each, or can they buy as many as they can afford? In other spheres I've heard of people buying up batches of collectable stuff to then sell on later at inflated prices once they've cornered the market :shock:

Good point.
You could say that it's the members that make the forum so the ones that contribute most/have been here longest should get some reward?
downer

Post by downer »

I doubt if it is ever the intention to deny anyone the opportunity to buy a FLE, but it is a judgement of understanding the true demand.

If 100 are made and there is demand for 90 or 110, I'd say that's fair enough. If 100 are made and there is immediate demand for 200, I'd say it's a missed opportunity for sales. If 200 are made and there is only demand for 80, it's an expensive mistake.

So..... a judgement will have to be made. The only clues we will have will be number of voters and the contributions to the debates. :)
Richard
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

In the past there has been an initial reservation list ( no money required) and a waiting list. I have gotten two of my three FLEs through the waiting list procedure.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

downer wrote:I doubt if it is ever the intention to deny anyone the opportunity to buy a FLE, but it is a judgement of understanding the true demand.

If 100 are made and there is demand for 90 or 110, I'd say that's fair enough. If 100 are made and there is immediate demand for 200, I'd say it's a missed opportunity for sales. If 200 are made and there is only demand for 80, it's an expensive mistake.

So..... a judgement will have to be made. The only clues we will have will be number of voters and the contributions to the debates. :)

Or a deposit scheme?

Pay £50/100 now to secure watch - that will be taken off final price. Produce the number of deposits plus another 20 or so...

Just an idea.
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

mabotham wrote:You could say that it's the members that make the forum so the ones that contribute most/have been here longest should get some reward?
Our reward is to serve. [-o<

:---) Yea right. I think the longer serving members know the process and check in most days so will jump in for the number that they want straight away and won't dilly dally making their mind up. In the past I have managed to get the 2009 FLE as I just joined but there were a few still for sale. Amazingly they had not sold out although now considered a classic. Similarly the 2011 FLE did not sell out straight away. The 2012 sold out quickly (especially the blue) and so it was probably one of those cases where too few were made to satisfy the real demand. Which is very hard to predict.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
downer

Post by downer »

So... the poll closed...

67/147 expressed a preference for a sports watch... :)
Richard
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Full result

1st Sports – 67 (46%)
2nd Aviator/Military - 26 (18%)
3rd Marine – 24 (16%)
4th Dress 16 (11%)
5th Diver 14 (10%)

Total votes 147
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

Not my first choise, but thats first past the post democracy. :lol:
Coalition anyone. :wink:
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Onwards with a sports style then. Not my first choice either but it will be interesting to see how this develops. It will also be interesting to see the number of voters for each round.
nathan

Post by nathan »

alphajet wrote:Not my first choise, but thats first past the post democracy. :lol:
Coalition anyone. :wink:
But we'd need a least three factions :lol: :shock:
Hamilton Day Date