3%
Lets discuss this point some more
1%

Total votes: 209

downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: What should we or will you do?

Post by downer »

ianblyth wrote: Yes but I would like some way of noting that the FLE 2012 came in two "flavours" so when people search, sell or buy they know which one it is. Even if it is FLE 2012-1 and 2012-2.
I think it is similar to the fact that the 07/08 FLE came with black date wheels (1-50) and white date wheels (51-100). No need for anything further on the watch....
Richard
highway62

Post by highway62 »

@ Mr Blyth....'of course in MY day we had it tough! Crayon? Crayon? We had to tear a bone from our own flesh & draw in our still steaming blood! '

To paraphrase the Pythons.... :lol:
mrs j
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10
LE-fourb: yes

Post by mrs j »

I.I.D wrote:Annotation 2012FLE - no need for R or B as looking at the face should tell you which colour it is! :lol: Additional engraving to denote scooter or Jag can be left to individuals to special order if they so wish.

1st block of numbers for the Blue, 2nd block of numbers for the Red.

Simples :D

+1 :)
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

What should we or will you do?

Post by DSHall »

SJW wrote:
I.I.D wrote:Annotation 2012FLE - no need for R or B as looking at the face should tell you which colour it is! :lol: Additional engraving to denote scooter or Jag can be left to individuals to special order if they so wish.

1st block of numbers for the Blue, 2nd block of numbers for the Red.

Simples :D

+1 :)
Agree or could just have s or j as part of reference not on watch. Bit like the way strap etc described on website?
Soon2BSoylent
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Soon2BSoylent »

downer wrote:Here is my two cents.

In the long run, why on earth would someone want a watch with (B), (R), (J) or (S) engraved on the back?? It is just tacky, and to be honest, it puts me off a bit. (Again, no disrespect to those two guys).

In the long run, why would we want duplicated numbers on the FLE's (ie two sets of 1-50)?? It makes things complicated.

The Blue watch won, so that should be reflected in 1-50. The Red watch came second, so 51-100 seems sensible.

+1
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

:-k at time of posting still way short of 100 wanting to buy (24 each, counting the buy both).
I'm wondering if the original vote should have been on the basis of buy? I wouldn't like to think people were voting and playing silly buggers!

:D Alex.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
downer

Post by downer »

st-rider wrote::-k at time of posting still way short of 100 wanting to buy (24 each, counting the buy both).
I'm wondering if the original vote should have been on the basis of buy? I wouldn't like to think people were voting and playing silly buggers!

:D Alex.
Well, as of right now, there are 44 votes declaring that they will one or both watches, but 52 expressing an opinion on the numbering system, and 49 voting on the engraving options. Go figure...
Richard
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Royston 64 »

It's people just getting fed up with polls........at least I (we/Chris) hope :shock:
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

downer wrote:Well, as of right now, there are 44 votes declaring that they will one or both watches, but 52 expressing an opinion on the numbering system, and 49 voting on the engraving options. Go figure...
Plus one for "what I will do"..... :shock:

There were some votes for "preferences" and "assuming we are doing both" but I guess they changed ther mind. :)

Overall I would say that this poll will give us the answers we need so I can submit to Fraser and Chris. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Kip wrote:
downer wrote:Well, as of right now, there are 44 votes declaring that they will one or both watches, but 52 expressing an opinion on the numbering system, and 49 voting on the engraving options. Go figure...

There were some votes for "preferences" and "assuming we are doing both" but I guess they changed ther mind. :)
Or their beer-goggles? :lol:
I had noticed that, and done the same maths as Richard...personally I wouldn't try to influence a poll if I had no ultimate interest! :?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

highway62 wrote:@ Mr Blyth....'of course in MY day we had it tough! Crayon? Crayon? We had to tear a bone from our own flesh & draw in our still steaming blood! '

To paraphrase the Pythons.... :lol:
You were lucky............... :lol:
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Well, based on the take up for the 2011 FLE, it doesn't seem that weird that the total number who will get the 2012 FLE will be around 60-70 persons (I'm counting those who said they would get both as different from those who said they would get either the red or blue).

Also, with the sneak previews of some of the new watches being released, maybe some people want to save their money for the new watches.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Kip wrote:

Guilty on all 3 counts, was suffering from a bit of Poll Fatigue. :?

But since, if offered the chance, I will buy a Red FLE and I'd like it marked as such and with serial numbers 51- 100, I decided to change my vote. :)
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
arthur08
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by arthur08 »

Just my two penneth. What about people who would like the blue LE with a number higher than 50?

I voted for the blue with the idea that it would be one colour as a final choice, I'd like the chance to have this LE with the same number as my 2009 LE, ie higher than 50.

I know it's not a major issue and others may think it a bit sad.. But that's just me.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I honestly do not see a solution to the numbering problems other than building 100 of each...and that is not going to happen because we don't have the numbers to support 200 units.

Regardless of which way would be chosen, some are not going to get number/color combinations they prefer.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.