LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

What should we or will you do?

Post by Kip »

I am going to take Terminators advice to a point here. :shock:

I am going to assume that we are all (or most anyway) in favor of doing both colors.

Based on that, I am putting forth a series of questions to gather some other facts to expedite the process.

I know...another vote..but this is the only way to get the most acuurate rating in a short period of time.

The numbering is assuming a total of 100 pieces. If the polling shows that we need significantly more or less the numbers will be adjusted accordingly. The poll will run thru Sunday night EDT.

You have 3 votes and you may change them until the voting closes.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: What should we or will you do?

Post by downer »

Here is my two cents.

In the long run, why on earth would someone want a watch with (B), (R), (J) or (S) engraved on the back?? It is just tacky, and to be honest, it puts me off a bit. (Again, no disrespect to those two guys).

In the long run, why would we want duplicated numbers on the FLE's (ie two sets of 1-50)?? It makes things complicated.

The Blue watch won, so that should be reflected in 1-50. The Red watch came second, so 51-100 seems sensible.
Richard
pieronip
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by pieronip »

My view on engraving, again without disrespect to the competition participants.

The two front runners should, I believe be 'Jag' and 'Scooter' while competing, but once the process has ended, the winner (or top two), belongs to the Forum which chose them. The identification of red and blue seems too obvious to need to be engraved on the back.

So just 'Forum LE' to be engraved please.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

Getting to where we are has been a relatively long and complicated process so I think the end result should be as simple and dignified as possible.

!00 watches, blues numbered 1-50 and red 51-100

Annotation simply FLE 2012.

We shall remember fondly Scooter and Jag but don't need a reminder on the piece!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Annotation 2012FLE - no need for R or B as looking at the face should tell you which colour it is! :lol: Additional engraving to denote scooter or Jag can be left to individuals to special order if they so wish.

1st block of numbers for the Blue, 2nd block of numbers for the Red.

Simples :D
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Royston 64 »

People are going to get so so bored of polls i dont think there will be a large response yet another reason i abstained from voting and allowed the blue to go through in last poll or it would have taken it to a dead lock and then there would have been another poll getting bored of polls if its not the FLE poll its other STUPID POLLS

Jag, I do share your frustration with this poll, but I think your going to get some 'stick' for your comments about 'allowing the blue to win'. :shock:
I'll leave that for others mind you. :)
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Royston 64 »

JAG wrote:
Royston 64 wrote:
People are going to get so so bored of polls i dont think there will be a large response yet another reason i abstained from voting and allowed the blue to go through in last poll or it would have taken it to a dead lock and then there would have been another poll getting bored of polls if its not the FLE poll its other STUPID POLLS

Jag, I do share your frustration with this poll, but I think your going to get some 'stick' for your comments about 'allowing the blue to win'. :shock:
I'll leave that for others mind you. :)

1 Vote in it and i abstained from voting its obvious i stated that in final draw old news :o
Jag, There was two votes in it according to the poll results. :?
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by st-rider »

Can I just clarify :? Is the 'we have a winner' option and 'I'll buy a Blue FLE' option going to be added together for total or should people tick both if they believe in the blue winner AND will buy it?

Sorry if that's not clear, it was a long night and early morning and it's going to be a busy weekend so I'm not at my best.

I think you also forgot the option to pass this back to Chris Ward as it's his idea/kind offer and so he has the final say. In effect the forum members (those who turned up*) has acknowledged they'd want a blue and/or a red FLE. Can't the mechanics of doing that now be passed on?

Thanks, Alex

* I think it's an old American voting term to encourage people to vote. History is made by those who turn up, or something like that!
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

I think the 'we have a winner already' option is there to say just make the blue only. That is more of an opinion vote. I would then also register if you will/might buy the blue one. If you intend to buy red, red & blue or indeed just blue but don't want to restrict others having a colour choice then leave the 'we have a winner' option blank.

Hope this is clear & I haven't strayed into a Rumsfeld known unknows & unknown knowns scenario! :lol:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I can understand the frustration with another vote here...but if you want to get this as correct as possible with the options that we have, then we don't have much choice.

The team can decide if you want, or Chris, or we can put together a commission.

This is your FLE.... It is up to you.
Chris is providing the guidlines, not the choices
If you want the choices then the decisions must be made somehow.
We were given a second chance option that seems favored by most. Now we need to know for sure.
This is how we find out.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Another poll is a smallish price to pay for the chance of everyone getting what they want. I'd rather have to vote again to ensure a Red option rather than suffer election fatigue and miss what would probably be a once only chance of getting this colour produced.
diver69
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by diver69 »

People are going to get so so bored of polls i dont think there will be a large response yet another reason i abstained from voting and allowed the blue to go through in last poll or it would have taken it to a dead lock and then there would have been another poll getting bored of polls if its not the FLE poll its other STUPID POLLS and also think that these POLLS put people off going for a FLE as it seems to a new poll every few days
Jag, I think this post shows incredible contempt for the Forum, the process of selecting a FLE, the Forum Team and most importantly the Forum Members that have supported - and voted - for you throughout this competition.

Please take a leaf from Scooters book and adopt a dignified silence............. :(

Your watch came very close to winning, it has a lot of supporters, and CW has decided to explore the possibility of producing both the winning and losing contributions. BE HAPPY!! :D

I am finding it increasingly difficult to understand your attitude............
Diver

Omega Seamaster
Tag Heuer Formula 1
IWC Aquatimer 2000
CW C600
Bernhardt Seashark
Bernhardt Officer
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Royston 64 »

Jag, Sorry my friend, I don't want to bang on about this.....BUT. Surely the poll was decided on votes cast rather than percentages. :?

It doesn't matter now anyway as there are two winners and your one of them. :D
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

What should we or will you do?

Whatever this vote says....PLEASE!!!

No more circular discussion! :(
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Royston 64 wrote: there are two winners and your one of them
diver69 wrote:Your watch came very close to winning,
OK. Just to be clear. We were not voting on the person but the watch. The watch won not the person. And thinking about it the design was the equivalent to giving a kid a colouring book and crayons as all you had to do was pick the choice of colours for the options you were given. Prima donnas or what.
robinbarke wrote: but don't need a reminder on the piece!
Yes but I would like some way of noting that the FLE 2012 came in two "flavours" so when people search, sell or buy they know which one it is. Even if it is FLE 2012-1 and 2012-2.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin