1%

Total votes: 209

pieronip
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: What should we or will you do?

Post by pieronip »

There really ought to be about 100 people telling us they are going to buy one, the other or both.

Where are you????? You didn't vote for something you aren't going to buy, surely?

Hope we see some last-minute voting!
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

I would suspect that the 'I will buy' numbers are lower than expected for at least a couple of reasons. Firstly, the Trident has been one of the most popular models among the highly active members who will already have one or other of the C60's and may now be thoughtful about the cost of another which offers only a colour variation. There is also strong competition within the CW range with the prospect of the launch of the C700 chrono and the white dialled Becketts, either of which will need saving up for. Maybe too, many members still have the 2011 FLE to finance.

When the blue and the red mock ups are available there may well be another surge of interest, especially if the date turns up equidistant between 4 and 5 o'clock!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
stinker
Junior
Junior

Post by stinker »

The Blue won the vote(s) why not just say that is the watch that will be the LE2012(1) and leave it there.
Sometimes things can be talked to death.
Designs were made, votes cast. A winner was decided, why all of this extra bobbins?
pieronip
Junior
Junior

Post by pieronip »

Becasue the vote was close, meaning that for the relatively small outlay on two different dial and bezel colors you can double the sales!

...and do a favour for the loyal forum members.
markrlondon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by markrlondon »

I.I.D wrote:Another poll is a smallish price to pay for the chance of everyone getting what they want. I'd rather have to vote again to ensure a Red option rather than suffer election fatigue and miss what would probably be a once only chance of getting this colour produced.
As someone who's only just caught up here, I agree: It is better to have a say than none at all. As far as I can see, no one who is genuinely interested should suffer from 'poll fatigue'. Why lose interest in taking part in the process of designing a watch merely because there is a need to vote!?

For what it's worth, had I got here in time I would have voted for 'I will buy a red C60 FLE', 'Number Blue from 1-50 and Red 51-100' and 'Engraving the back Forum LE 2012 on both models', so I am personally pleased at the final result of the voting so far.

By the way, I was involved in the WUS Steinhart WUSSE/Proteus project and it was me who suggested using STV/AV for voting. This method worked very well for that project since it eliminated the need for multiple rounds of voting to whittle down choices for many options (as I see has already occurred here) and it also works particularly well where one needs to choose, say, 2 out of X options. I can find the spreadsheet that the project WUSSE project managers used if the project managers here are interested.

**edit**
Oops, too late. I see that all the voting has been done. ;-)
MarkR