Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: We have a winner...but....

Post by Clarky »

downer wrote:Since the vote was so close, I think it is pragmatic to have some of each - although probably a few more than 50 of each.

No disrespect to Scooter or Jag, but I would not buy one with either name engraved on it. :o
+1 to that

and I would only want the blue one as I would never wear the red one.
It is very good of Chris to possibly accommodate both waches as they were so close in the polls. :up:
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
davidfleming

Post by davidfleming »

I can only express the sentiments made by the majority of forum members in that it was very generous of Chris and also a really great idea. My preference was for the RED Jag and now I can look forward to getting one. I like others however would prefer if the name was not engraved on the watch but would be happy with suggestions such as FLE RED etc.
bofh
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by bofh »

I could live with both kinds of colour.
So I'm heavily thinking about both.
Both are worth buying.

I have to thank all people included in the process of the decision, especially the creators of the different pictures, Kip for organising the polls etc. and last but not least Mr. Ward for realising "our" FLE. Many thanks.

E.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

Apology if this asked and answered already but I had a thought on the way home.

For this binding vote is it possible for CWL to do the artwork mockups of the two designs to give a fairer representation of what people will be commiting to buy?

Thanks, Alex :D
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Totally happy with that! 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I came back from holiday to find most of this had already happened, did vote at the end as I was interested in the Red Jag. I have no firm views re your question and would be happy to "go with the flow". However I live on a restricted budget being retired, is there an approx price anywhere, is it just as the Trident. I could'nt commit before knowing the cost. Probably a stupid question but to save me trawling through all the messages what is the expected cost?
downer

Post by downer »

CornishDave wrote:I came back from holiday to find most of this had already happened, did vote at the end as I was interested in the Red Jag. I have no firm views re your question and would be happy to "go with the flow". However I live on a restricted budget being retired, is there an approx price anywhere, is it just as the Trident. I could'nt commit before knowing the cost. Probably a stupid question but to save me trawling through all the messages what is the expected cost?
Dave. CWL have said this FLE will cost exactly the same as the standard Trident costs today. If there are price increases on the standard Trident, they will NOT apply to the FLE. So, £335 on leather or rubber, and £375 on the NEW steel bracelet.
Richard
davidfleming

Post by davidfleming »

st-rider wrote:Apology if this asked and answered already but I had a thought on the way home.

For this binding vote is it possible for CWL to do the artwork mockups of the two designs to give a fairer representation of what people will be commiting to buy?

Good point!
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

Thanks Richard - that's inside my budget!!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

st-rider wrote:Apology if this asked and answered already but I had a thought on the way home.

That would be great.. but not enough time for that now. The drawings will be available before any actual reservations are taken. The renderings that we have are pretty good so I wouldn't worry to much.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The general consensus seems to be in favor of going ahead with 2 models.

I will do my best to get a poll up tonight to run for a couple days to get a more definitive count and make it official.

I will also include some opinion questions to give us a jump on the next phase. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

Seeing how the votes were so close I think the right decision has been made to go forward with both.

So kudos to Mr CW :gott:

I agree that each edition should be in an individual run i.e. 1-50 for each with the 2012 Trident FLE (B or J) engraved on the back.

However, I believe it would also be a nice touch if Scooter and Jag each get their respective No1s with their forum names engraved, if they so wish of course!

and for those of you who are collecting the FLEs 2012 is gonna be as expensive as 2011!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

village wrote:
Great minds thinking alike,or T2 instigated? 8)
No instigation by me. I havent spoken to Chris about it. It just seemed a totally logical solution Village hence I mentioned it. When Chris offers to do an LE there has always been a limit set of 100 pieces. If the voting had been much higher with say 162 for the Scooter and 145 for the Jag then it would probably not have mattered because the 100 watches would have still sold out. However when I made the post the voting was an equal split of 57 votes each. This meant that it might have been hard to sell the full 100 because Jag camp might not buy the Scooter and vice versa. If the pieces dont sell out completely and Chris gets left with some of them then he might pack this concept in and there would be no future LE's of any description so it just seemed common sense to keep both camps happy. I also dont think it affects the LE factor of the watch. In my opinion if anything it makes them even more collectable because there will now be a story behind their creation.

If I might add one other thing to this though? Kip if I was you I wouldnt bother with any more voting. It might just muddy the waters further. If Chris is happy to do this and so are you then I cant see anybody objecting. The reason being is that they all get what they wanted and in fact they will probably be even more collectable as there will be smaller numbers of each. It is certainly a win/win for everyone so I think you might have all found your solution already without complicating things further with more votes.

Just my tuppence worth of course.

:wink:
va812
Senior
Senior

Post by va812 »

Suggestion: for the engraving, do something like "2012FLE-S" for the Scooter model & "2012FLE-J" for Jag model. And no glued/screwed-on plaque, like the 2011 FLE, just the engraving.

The numbering of 1-50 for each model sounds good too.

Kip, I'm assuming the 2012 FLEs are coming with Selitta movements or does CW have a stash of ETAs somewhere in Switzerland? :o
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

We have a winner...but....

Post by MiniMpi »

Great idea ref doing the two versions and many thanks to Chris for the good idea ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk