LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

We have a winner...but....

Post by Kip »

Lets make no mistake that the #10 Scooter is our winner here.

It has been presented to me by the boss that since the total difference of votes for the last 2 rounds was only 2 votes, perhaps we should consider this......

What if we offer the 2012 C60 FLE (#1) in both colors? Since this is really not as major a production as the 2011 FLE this can be done. There certainly seems to be plenty of support for the #40 Red Jag.

Each model could be appropriately numbered from (for example) from 1 -50 with engraving such as 2012 FLE Scooter or Red Jag.

This option in no way affects the process of sending the other submissions to CWL or any timeframes we are operating under.

Therefore...... I would like like to set up a binding vote, but before doing so I would like to hear opinions about this.

I know this is short notice, but if I can get a vote up tomorrow it can run through the weekend.

Things to think about....

I will buy blue only
I will buy red if built
Blue won - we should go with it
vote was so close this is a good idea

This is a most generous offer in my opinion from Chris, but the decision is yours.

Opinions please....
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: We have a winner...but....

Post by androo »

I would not buy the blue as it is too near the production one, but would get a red one if offered. If they are numbered 1-100 have the lower numbers for the blue and higher for red.

I know a red would never go into mass production due to being "the first colour on the spectrum to dissapear underwater" (even though most divers watches never see water) so may be the only oppertunity to get one.

If the masses decide on blue only then thats ok by me.

But then I do think it should never gone for a revote after the draw
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Terminator 2 wrote:Not wishing to interupt the proceedings but might I add a possible solution. Perhaps Kip etc might be willing to put the question to Chris as to wether he would be willing to produce both ie 50 of each seeing as the results were so close. As the watch does not differ too far from the original specification it may be something Chris would be willing to do. Its at least worth asking the question as Chris can only say no. If Chris agrees though then everyone should be happy without leaving others disapointed and there will be more chance of selling the full 100 rather than the losing 50 opting out.

:wink:
Great minds thinking alike,or T2 instigated? 8)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150

Post by Kip »

village wrote:
Terminator 2 wrote:Not wishing to interupt the proceedings but might I add a possible solution. Perhaps Kip etc might be willing to put the question to Chris as to wether he would be willing to produce both ie 50 of each seeing as the results were so close. As the watch does not differ too far from the original specification it may be something Chris would be willing to do. Its at least worth asking the question as Chris can only say no. If Chris agrees though then everyone should be happy without leaving others disapointed and there will be more chance of selling the full 100 rather than the losing 50 opting out.

:wink:
Great minds thinking alike,or T2 instigated? 8)
Honestly...I never mentioned it. The suggestion came from Chris. I must admit that when "T" first brought it up I was not opposed but no other members jumped in so I left it alone. Since Chris has said it is a viable option, It would seem that "T" had a good idea.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

Kip wrote:...
Things to think about....

I will buy blue only
I will buy red if built
Blue won - we should go with it
vote was so close this is a good idea ...
You are like the ambassador spoiling us with the tray of Ferrero Rocher :wink: :D
You forgot those who may want both! Decisions, decisions...

When the blue won I said to myself that those saying it's a classic, timeless colour combination had a point and I'd get one with that in mind as a futureproof watch for the collection.

However, now with the possibility of a red the arguments that a limited edition should have a little pizazz and be a bit different also have merit.
Kip wrote:This is a most generous offer in my opinion from Chris...
Yes it is. Thank you that man.
Kip wrote:... but the decision is yours.
Are you sure this democracy is a good idea? :wink:

Quick questions. Will this limit Chris's options for a production run of these if he thinks the colour combination(s) will sell outside a limited edition run? Or are they something he'd never want to see for sale on the site?

You also wanted opinions. If the poll is just to work out viability of a limited edition run then are not the options
:arrow: (a) buy none
:arrow: (b) buy scooter - blue one
:arrow: (c) buy red jag - err, red one
:arrow: (d) buy both
:?

TTFN, Alex
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tomsolo »

I think that it's a great idea... My personal favourite was the "Red Jag" and i probably wouldn't have gone for the blue one.... not that it isnt a nice design... but it just didn't stand out enough for me... i think a Ltd edition should be a little out of the ordinary..!

As far as the numbering would go... couldn't they both be numbered 1-50 Being two completely different designs? Actually no... make that both 1-100.... i can just see everybody wanting one of each now!! Damn not winning those Euro millions!! :shock:
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by androo »

androo wrote:. If they are numbered 1-100 have the lower numbers for the blue and higher for red.
But thinking for more than a minute have 50 of each all numbered to 100 regardless colour so if you collect numbers you canand have the colour you want. or Better still have what colour and number people want regardless of amount so it could be 45 one colour and 55 another.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

I think its a great idea to have both.
as stated by another, 1-50 blue and 51-100 red but i wouldn,t want the names on it, just the L.E numbers.

I commit to buy the RED C60 Trident and can i be put down for NO. 67 please or NO. 08 if they,re only numbered to 50 on each. :D
Graham
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by androo »

androo wrote:
androo wrote:. If they are numbered 1-100 have the lower numbers for the blue and higher for red.
But thinking for more than a minute have 50 of each all numbered to 100 regardless colour so if you collect numbers you canand have the colour you want. or Better still have what colour and number people want regardless of amount so it could be 45 one colour and 55 another.
or as only 75 2011 fles sold make up the numbers with this one 1- 125. Or just have a limit on ordering time a bit like the last so how many get sold (maybe even a deposit to ensure sales) is the number - so it could be that people can get one of each.

See a problem with this? The more we get to decide the more options there are.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150

Post by Kip »

st-rider wrote:Are you sure this democracy is a good idea? :wink:
No!

Quick questions. Will this limit Chris's options for a production run of these if he thinks the colour combination(s) will sell outside a limited edition run? Or are they something he'd never want to see for sale on the site?
The FLE (s) as finished will not be part of the regular CWL line. Quantities will be addressed later on.

You also wanted opinions. If the poll is just to work out viability of a limited edition run then are not the options
:arrow: (a) buy none
:arrow: (b) buy scooter - blue one
:arrow: (c) buy red jag - err, red one
:arrow: (d) buy both
:?

TTFN, Alex
I will consider adding buy none or both to the poll. :)

I would also like to add that how they will be numbered will be discussed later and that we are not taking reservations yet.

This is exploratory to get your opinions on the option of having both.

Of course any other ideas are welcome. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

What a nice gesture and an intelligent one too. I've been a CWL fan since 2007 when I bought my first two and I think this is in keeping with the spirit of the company and indicative of what a good fellow Chris is.

I can't imagine how this could possibly be a bad idea. How nice it would be to see both camps get their special watch! :) I think it's great.

My only other thought is that the Blue is the sort of colour that you could imagine being offered as a normal production model. Is there any mileage in Chris adopting it as one? It is also a good way to establish a further style differentiator, given that the watch is in part, an homage to the Rolex? Would the Blue find universal appeal away from this forum? I think it might, the images look pretty good...I doubt there would be much commercial risk.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

This seems like a good idea as neither appears to have the guaranteed support for a 100 piece production run even if some buy both, so making less than that of each (50 - 75?) means all buyers can be satisfied, CWL will sell more watches than it would otherwise have done from a single colour option so financially it makes greater sense to them and finally we in the RED camp won't have to campaign for the next 18 months for a RED 2013FLE!!!!!

Win Win Win situation! :D
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

footycrazy wrote:I think its a great idea to have both.
as stated by another, 1-50 blue and 51-100 red...
I don't agree.
If limited put 1-xx on one and 1-yy on the other (xx & yy = maximum produced of each)
footycrazy wrote:... but i wouldn,t want the names on it, just the L.E numbers...
I'm in two minds about this.
A nice touch but several years down the line would people understand/care. I'd say include the names for the fun of it.
footycrazy wrote:...I commit to buy the RED C60 Trident and can i be put down for NO. 67 please or NO. 08 if they,re only numbered to 50 on each. :D
Along the same lines as stated in an earlier thread/post I'll put a marker down for #10, that'd be the red, no wait the blue, no wait both, no that'll as expensive as a 2011 FLE :wink:, can I get back to you on that ](*,) :D
As you're not taking reservations it's just ideas in my head at the moment.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

jack wrote:My only other thought is that the Blue is the sort of colour that you could imagine being offered as a normal production model. Is there any mileage in Chris adopting it as one? It is also a good way to establish a further style differentiator, given that the watch is in part, an homage to the Rolex? Would the Blue find universal appeal away from this forum? I think it might, the images look pretty good...I doubt there would be much commercial risk.
Jack,
The idea was that if Chris chooses one of the colour schemes to turn into anOfficial Colour Scheme then the 'designer' will get their Forum LE watch FoC!! It didn't say that he could/would only chose one of the winners.

He's stated before that there is a marked difference between what the forum like/want and what the 'general public' want/buy :D

Personally, I think the blue scheme would be popular, but as I submitted one,is that just personal bias?

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson