Sold out
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: We have a winner...but....

Post by jack »

rcherryuk wrote:
jack wrote:My only other thought is that the Blue is the sort of colour that you could imagine being offered as a normal production model. Is there any mileage in Chris adopting it as one? It is also a good way to establish a further style differentiator, given that the watch is in part, an homage to the Rolex? Would the Blue find universal appeal away from this forum? I think it might, the images look pretty good...I doubt there would be much commercial risk.
Jack,
The idea was that if Chris chooses one of the colour schemes to turn into anOfficial Colour Scheme then the 'designer' will get their Forum LE watch FoC!! It didn't say that he could/would only chose one of the winners.

He's stated before that there is a marked difference between what the forum like/want and what the 'general public' want/buy :D

Personally, I think the blue scheme would be popular, but as I submitted one,is that just personal bias?

Rob
Thanks for that heads up Rob, I can see that there is a bit riding on this for the designer!
I think bias is allowable in this sort of thing (I like the blue too!) :) I have to say, for sheer entertainment value alone, this process has been well worth it. I makes for a really lively, interesting, forum!
Kind Regards, Jack.
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Royston 64 »

If I might add one other thing to this though? Kip if I was you I wouldnt bother with any more voting. It might just muddy the waters further. If Chris is happy to do this and so are you then I cant see anybody objecting. The reason being is that they all get what they wanted and in fact they will probably be even more collectable as there will be smaller numbers of each. It is certainly a win/win for everyone so I think you might have all found your solution already without complicating things further with more votes.
I agree with this - but looks like we have more polls. I wonder what will happen if the participation is low with the latest one.
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
mikem
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mikem »

Boy what a 24 hours this has been :shock: .I leave the forum deflated as red came a good second place, thinking now where to find a nice red ( good quality too) watch, then 24 hours later 4 pages in and the red is in too....Brilliant.
Thanks must go to Mr Ward, as the email I recived from him said that the red jag would not be in the main line up if it did not win, so thank you Mr Ward for this kind gestre. :kg: :gott: :D

So as you can guess Im all in for the red :lol:

As for numbers on it, Im not fussed at all....the year, FLE and production/limited number

Dont put the names on, we will all know whos is what watch, but you could offer the choice to members if they wanted ' red jag' or ' the scooter' engraved on the back case.

@kip, We all know Mr scooter won the competition and recives I believe his blue watch, does Mr JAG recive a free one too, or at least a good discount 8) :lol: ...he does have a lot of red followers. :lol:
Gots
Tissot prs200
MarcelloC Nettuno3
C70 DBR1
C4 RAF Valley 202 Sqn Special Edition Chrono
Vostok Europe Expedition 2006
C60 trident 2012 fle #xx
C6 Kingfisher

Wants
Fortis B42 Chronomaster
C60 Trident GMT
C70 Brooklands
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

JAG wrote:SUBJECT FOR NEXT POLL IS BAN ALL POLLS [/size]
+1
'til the next poll :D

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
tartine.74
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by tartine.74 »

I'll buy only the blue one, BUT it's a great idea to make the red one for people who prefer it this way.

Nicolas
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by redd »

Playing catch up here.

First up congrats to Scooter and coms (or congrats) to JAG.

My main point/question is that before we go any further would it not be best to get professional mock ups of the watches 'before' asking what version we would buy? I'm not sure about either tbh and a high quality image would help my decision making before voting e.g. is the Red JAG a metalic finish?
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
downer

Post by downer »

mikem wrote:
@kip, We all know Mr scooter won the competition and recives I believe his blue watch, does Mr JAG recive a free one too, or at least a good discount 8) :lol: ...he does have a lot of red followers. :lol:
Just want to clear up a potential misunderstanding here...

This was the original post made by Kip...
Kip wrote:

If an individual design is submitted for consideration to the Forum and is not chosen as the final selection for the 2012 FLE, it will be presented to CWL as an option to be considered for the CWL 2012 line. If the design submission is chosen for use in 2012 the person who submits the design will be eligible to receive this 2012 FLE Free of charge, courtesy of CWL!
So, rather than our two winning designs, it will be the other 44 original designs that will be considered by CWL for inclusion in the 2012 line, and therefore, for the potential free FLE.
Richard
downer

Post by downer »

redd wrote:Playing catch up here.

First up congrats to Scooter and coms (or congrats) to JAG.

My main point/question is that before we go any further would it not be best to get professional mock ups of the watches 'before' asking what version we would buy? I'm not sure about either tbh and a high quality image would help my decision making before voting e.g. is the Red JAG a metalic finish?
Already been asked and answered...
Kip wrote:
st-rider wrote:Apology if this asked and answered already but I had a thought on the way home.

For this binding vote is it possible for CWL to do the artwork mockups of the two designs to give a fairer representation of what people will be commiting to buy?

Thanks, Alex :D
That would be great.. but not enough time for that now. The drawings will be available before any actual reservations are taken. The renderings that we have are pretty good so I wouldn't worry to much.
Richard
tonbert
CW-watches: 2

Post by tonbert »

I am new here but you can count me in for a blue one, looks really great.
downer

Post by downer »

tonbert wrote:I am new here but you can count me in for a blue one, looks really great.
Good man! Welcome to the forum. You clearly have great taste. 8)
Richard