What to do about the Final 3?

The fourth forum Limited Edition
Sold out

Final 3 or Final 2?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:54 am

Continue with final 3 vote as planned. All 3 in the final round. (1 vote 1 watch)
69%
Have one more elimination round to reduce to Final 2. (1 vote - 1 watch)
21%
Don't care.
10%

Total votes: 70

highway62

Re: What to do about the Final 3?

Post by highway62 »

if you are seriously considering buying if the right model for you is chosen, then voting is absolutely fine. I, on the other hand will not be buying whichever is selected so cannot see any reason why I should interfere with the result...
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Can't spot where it says how many of these will be made. Does anyone know?
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

highway62 wrote:if you are seriously considering buying if the right model for you is chosen, then voting is absolutely fine. I, on the other hand will not be buying whichever is selected so cannot see any reason why I should interfere with the result...
Agree entirely. Got to congratulate Wilko, Scooter and JAG for their great designs but it wouldn't be fair for me to have input into a result when I would not buy the watch. However, Scooters is my favourite :D
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Perhaps the best thing to do is for people to vote for their favourite and then when we have a winner CWL can canvass members to see what level of potential uptake there is to help them determine a suitable production run. This would minimise risk of overproduction and could result in a more desirable collectors piece later on if say only 50 are made.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

nathanclarinet wrote:
highway62 wrote:if you are seriously considering buying if the right model for you is chosen, then voting is absolutely fine. I, on the other hand will not be buying whichever is selected so cannot see any reason why I should interfere with the result...
Agree entirely. Got to congratulate Wilko, Scooter and JAG for their great designs but it wouldn't be fair for me to have input into a result when I would not buy the watch. However, Scooters is my favourite :D
agree on the quality of the designs (all better than the original IMO! :D ) My preference would be for the Red Jag, simply because there are so few quality timepieces with a red face.
Would say though, that of the 3 this one is the most shade sensitive. Given the differences between uncalibrated monitors this could represent an issue, but it still would be my pick.
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20
LE-two: yes

Post by Bonny »

I'm hoping it might be the same red as used on the C4 for a limited run. I still wear that a lot and it is just absolutely right in terms of colour to my eye.
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Despite some excellent arguments all around, it would seem that the majority has spoken.

Unless something dramatically changes in the next few hours I will have a Final Vote posted by morning.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The final round voting is here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.