LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

The Final 3 discussion

Post by Kip »

Well here we are...we have narrowed this down to 3 possibles. Congratulations to the finalists.

The time has come to make your final arguments as to why one of these should be the FLE 2012 (#1?).

I expect to post the final round vote on Wednesday July 6. You will get 1 vote.

Let the debates begin.

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: The Final 3 discussion

Post by Royston 64 »

Congratulations to the 3 finalists - Well done folks. :D :D

I think Scooter's watch should be a permanent model, which we will forever know as the Scooter. Also, Scooter should get the very first one produced as a 'freebie'. :D :D
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes

Post by paw3001 »

We have had a Blue and a White FLE so the time is right for a RED FLE.

All 3 are smart though!
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

Well, I've duly played my part and voted along with lots of other folks, so thanks for the opportunity.

I think only one of my choices along the way have ended up in the final three, not that it matters, as I've woken up this morning really liking the look of the Red Jag, even though I didn't vote for it all the way through! :lol:

My watch box needs a bit of colour in it I think, all my watches are black, grey or blue faced.

I've enjoyed the process anyway, and look forward to the winner! :)
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

For me there is only the red jag to consider
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

Royston 64 wrote:...I think Scooter's watch should be a permanent model, which we will forever know as the Scooter. Also, Scooter should get the very first one produced as a 'freebie'. :D :D
Agree with that but to make it a permanent model it can't be a FLE.
If it isn't the FLE I think I'd still buy it if/when available.
If it is the FLE I think it'd buy it but also think it would be a shame others couldn't.

Even though I like orange markers and orange on the bezel the red option IMHO looks more like a limited edition model.

Congratulations to the finalists.

TTFN, Alex
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

I'm very pleased to see the Wilko in the top Three I think it is a stunner and a worthy Form LE
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
davidfleming
CW-watches: 1

Post by davidfleming »

Congrats to all three condenders, they are all worthy winners. On a personal note the Red Jag is the only one that I would actually purchase, I think the bezel being different to the standard model adds to the limited edition status and the watch in my opinion would make a great 2012 FLE. Good luck to whoever wins the final round though.
pieronip
Junior
Junior

Post by pieronip »

For me, the winner must have someting out of the ordinary about it. The Scooter does not, in my view have that. Rather it is classically beautiful and SHOULD UNDOUBTEDLY be a part of the CW Permanent lineup!

So, its either the Red Jag or the Wilko for me. Unusual red or unusual orange highlights - which to choose? Red beckons!
arthur08
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by arthur08 »

pieronip wrote:For me, the winner must have someting out of the ordinary about it. The Scooter does not, in my view have that. Rather it is classically beautiful and SHOULD UNDOUBTEDLY be a part of the CW Permanent lineup
+1 to that. The Scooter is a classic colour scheme but it's also one I can see CW implementing of their own accord at some point.
Two of my choices made it through, though on reflection the one I didn't vote for is now appealing as a truly limited edition.

Ooh decisions, decisions!
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I would not buy the red but would buy either of the other 2. The standard blue and white is very conservative and would make a good addition to the standard line-up as others have said but then again I can see the orange and blue being a standard as well. But as the blue and orange is a bit more unusual I would say that should be the one.

I have not mention names as I think we should look at the designs and depersonalise the whole process.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
downer

Post by downer »

First off, I think it is very dangerous to assume which designs CWL may or may not choose to bring into the standard lineup, and therefore, we should ignore that aspect of the decision process, and choose the one that is the best FLE - simple as that.

From my own point of view, I would not buy the red one, even though I'm very keen on FLE's and on this process.. I'm just not keen on the aluminum bezel as I think loses the connection to the Trident, and the red colour is probably a nine day wonder.

I very much like the Scooter design, and would definitely buy one. For the Wilko, I'm not sure. I think it's attractive, but I don't know if I'd spend real money on it.

Overall, I think we should have a FLE that can become a classic (like the 2009FLE), and not simply select a design because it is "different".

Therefore, I vote Scooter, and I hope I didn't offend the other 'designers'. :)
Richard
diver69
Senior
Senior

Post by diver69 »

For me, the winner must have someting out of the ordinary about it. The Scooter does not, in my view have that. Rather it is classically beautiful
On a personal note the Red Jag is the only one that I would actually purchase, I think the bezel being different to the standard model adds to the limited edition status and the watch in my opinion would make a great 2012 FLE
Agree with the above, I think the red is stunning, and unlike anything I have seen before.....

Congrats to all 3 for making it this far though... :)
Diver

Omega Seamaster
Tag Heuer Formula 1
IWC Aquatimer 2000
CW C600
Bernhardt Seashark
Bernhardt Officer
kardnal
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by kardnal »

downer wrote:First off, I think it is very dangerous to assume which designs CWL may or may not choose to bring into the standard lineup, and therefore, we should ignore that aspect of the decision process, and choose the one that is the best FLE - simple as that.

From my own point of view, I would not buy the red one, even though I'm very keen on FLE's and on this process.. I'm just not keen on the aluminum bezel as I think loses the connection to the Trident, and the red colour is probably a nine day wonder.

I very much like the Scooter design, and would definitely buy one. For the Wilko, I'm not sure. I think it's attractive, but I don't know if I'd spend real money on it.

Overall, I think we should have a FLE that can become a classic (like the 2009FLE), and not simply select a design because it is "different".

Therefore, I vote Scooter, and I hope I didn't offend the other 'designers'. :)
I agree 100% with downer.

For the investment, I'd like a watch that will be more timeless. As interesting as the Wilko and the Jag might be, I don't see myself wearing them for the long term.
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

diver69 wrote:
For me, the winner must have someting out of the ordinary about it. The Scooter does not, in my view have that. Rather it is classically beautiful
On a personal note the Red Jag is the only one that I would actually purchase, I think the bezel being different to the standard model adds to the limited edition status and the watch in my opinion would make a great 2012 FLE
Agree with the above, I think the red is stunning, and unlike anything I have seen before.....

Congrats to all 3 for making it this far though... :)
I got the grand total of zero preferred designs in the final 3, so have no real favourite (I liked the white faced watches).

Personally I view the LE as something that should stand out from the norm, so using that simple criteria the Scooter and Wilko are far too similar to the stock Tridents for me.

Only one stands out from the norm as an LE and thats the JAG RED #40 for me.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.