Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
mikem
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: 2012 FLE Elimination discussion

Post by mikem »

footycrazy wrote:I say, if you want a workhorse ( tool watch ), then go and pick 1 from the standard range. They are all perfectly good diving tools, we are trying to get a limited edition (something different) for 100 forum members that i would guess 95% + will never see any water ( apart form doing dishes & washing the car ), and a pick of the designs may get used in the line-up for next year.

Lets be honest here, if we were asked to design a new diver it would have different hands, date elsewhere, 120 click bezel, new bezel, 3 straps and an automatic helium release valve. But we are not, its just a colour variation so lets get on with a simpler voting system and pick 3 before we run out of time.

could'nt of put it better my self.

Its got to be different to the all the other Tridents on sale.
Red maybe....Hint, hint :-k :-k
Gots
Tissot prs200
MarcelloC Nettuno3
C70 DBR1
C4 RAF Valley 202 Sqn Special Edition Chrono
Vostok Europe Expedition 2006
C60 trident 2012 fle #xx
C6 Kingfisher

Wants
Fortis B42 Chronomaster
C60 Trident GMT
C70 Brooklands
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Galton321 wrote:
footycrazy wrote:I say, if you want a workhorse ( tool watch ), then go and pick 1 from the standard range. They are all perfectly good diving tools, we are trying to get a limited edition (something different) for 100 forum members that i would guess 95% + will never see any water ( apart form doing dishes & washing the car ), and a pick of the designs may get used in the line-up for next year.

Lets be honest here, if we were asked to design a new diver it would have different hands, date elsewhere, 120 click bezel, new bezel, 3 straps and an automatic helium release valve. But we are not, its just a colour variation so lets get on with a simpler voting system and pick 3 before we run out of time.

+1
+1
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The Laird wrote: Until the voting begins, this discussion will go on forever!!!
It might!

This thread was set up to discuss the voting system. It has shifted into an anxious conversation on when it will happen.

There have been some suggestions, but no response so far to my last suggestion.....
Kip wrote:Mass email is not likely....I can't do it and Hans doesn't like them....too many complaints from those that consider it spamming. Perhaps when the project is ready to reserve.

As far as the grouping the polls by dial colors...I think that would work....but.......If there are more than 10 in a category such as black dials for instance, this creates a problem. Also many good ones could be eliminated and some not so good could slip through.

You may have given me a solution though...... I can post many polls with a group size of up to 10 by dial color. If a dial color has more than 10, I would put it randomly into another group.

The problem is I cannot limit the overall total votes per member at 10. I can only restrict the individual polls.

If we vote on the honor system, with a limit of 10 votes overall, this would work.
What do you think of this method? Can we all be trusted to vote for only 10? Or should we take our chances with the 2 from each group?

Even with voting for only 10 we may need another round if the votes are spread to thin, which is a likely occurance.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

Kip wrote:What do you think of this method? Can we all be trusted to vote for only 10?
Kip,

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I don't think that an 'honour' system is going to work this time, especially with the comments re the FLE 2011 Committee that were made by some of the newer members.

Rob

PS This is my 2c, yours might buy more, it might not.
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

I reckon the honour system might work. We are given ten votes and cast one vote for each of the variants? Can we cast all our ten votes for one variant? Can I trade my votes? No scrub that. 8)

So honour system it is then. How will you stop the spammers sneaking in and causing chaos?
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

I say ok, go for it. what Kip said 2 votes per poll.
Graham
highway62

Post by highway62 »

well I am happy to promise that I will NOT cast a vote & mess things up :lol:
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
pieronip
Junior
Junior

Post by pieronip »

I undertake to vote strictly in accordance with the rules.

I think Kip's suggestion will work.

As a incentive perhaps we should say that in the event of voting irregularities no LE will be made! :lol:
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

As I've posted on the other discussion, let's allow Kip the time to close the post, collate and prepare the suggestions and organise a vote properly.

You're all aware of the expression 'fail to prepare and prepare to fail' , well, that's what will happen if we charge at this yelling 'Vote Now"

A couple more days won't kill and could be much better spent by some if they put the same energy into making the 'ultimate' colour scheme, the one scheme to rule them all :D

Rob
Rob

Samuel Johnson
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!