#tide strap comfort

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: #tide strap comfort

Post by jkbarnes »

missF wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:16 pm if it’s made of plastic do you think it would be possible to shorten the strap then melt the end like you would a NATO?
It might be worth a call to CS to see if they can offer some insight. Best case scenario they give you definitive information either way. Worst case they say they simply don’t know.
Drew
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

^^^ thanks everyone. I think that the close-up pic confirms me that I don’t really want to try shortening a 3mm thick strap that costs a lot of money! :lol:
However, the length isn’t off the scale (CW site quoted the length as 124mm so I was a bit confused??), so I’m going to try one. They look fantastic :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Juicetin

Post by Juicetin »

I find the Tide straps really comfortable. Still quite stiff after a while now but still very comfortable to wear.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I'm wearing the dark blue/orange tide strap with the C60 which I think is a decent match The strap was very stiff at first but much better now . The only thing I would change is the first strap band would be better stitched in place as I find both the strap bands end up sliding off the strap