CW pins and collars for bracelets

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

CW pins and collars for bracelets

Post by alanrolfe01 »

As someone who's useless with hammers, nails, pliers, and ANYTHING delicate I know I'm gonna need to ask for experienced advice.

So here goes...

Are the pins and collars used on CW bracelets unique, and only available via Customer Services, or generic?

I'm sure that although my bracelets (6 in total so far) are fitting fine now I've mangled some pins and collars during the customisations. So if further adjustments are ever need more pins and collars would be needed. Considering the range covers Mk2 and Mk3 C60 bracelets, plus C65's are they common parts or CW specific?

It must be a common issue but what are your recommended solutions?
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: CW pins and collars for bracelets

Post by JAFO »

They aren't generic. Most tube lengths are different to fit inside one of the sections of a bracelet link. The pins are different lengths. The tube and pin diameters are different, or appropriate to each other to give a tight, but not impossible fit.

CW may use standard diameters pins and collars for all bracelets, but the lengths will not be the same.

A slightly different thing, but a 3 section link will have the collar in the centre section of the link. (The diameter of the hole will be slightly larger to accommodate and retain the collar within the section). A five section link will have the collar in either the second or fourth section of the link. The arrow on a bracelet should indicate where the collar is so the pin can be pushed out. I think I may have without thinking installed collars in the incorrect section of a five section bracelet link giving me the future problem of not being able to push it out again, without a lot of difficulty. (eg - needing a much longer pin pusher than I have). At the time, I was probably happy to just get the thing re-assembled, and didn't realize the significance of the arrow. I am not sure I have done this, but it's a definite maybe. :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: CW pins and collars for bracelets

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

If you search recent posts by Rich, @richtel, I think you will find a post with details of the measurements for CW pins and collars.

Remember the centre links are different widths between the old, PCL, bracelets and the current all brushed ones.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England