Yellow Dog Rubber Watchstrap

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
time_lizard
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Yellow Dog Rubber Watchstrap

Post by time_lizard »

Got my two-piece rubber ZULU strap from Alex Moss (yellowdogwatchstraps.com) with brass hardware and stitching. Fits perfectly with my brass Helson Shark Diver - well it was made to measure for it - thanks Alex for this excellent piece of work!
Happy watch, happy man :D
Attachments
IMG_2939.jpg
Helson Shark Diver
IMG_2940.jpg
Yellow Dog Watchstraps
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Yellow Dog Rubber Watchstrap

Post by strapline »

Ralph,

Yet again a superbly matched watch and strap; it looks like it came with the Helson. You introduced me to Finwatchstraps, guess I'll have to take a look at yellowdog, too. I think the whole thing looks ace...

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

Des, you have to chat with Alex. He can actually do much more than is shown in his shop.
In fact the recommendation came from tikkathree here in the forum, for a brass-leather strap.
But Alex does not do leather straps any more :( so I went for rubber instead - which was a good choice for a diver watch anyway.
Although it is pretty thin material for the clunky Helson - Alex confirmed its strength and safety.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

One of the best watch-strap combos I’ve seen in ages! Nice one :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Agreed that looks great!
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

^^^ + 1.
That looks fantastic! :thumbup:
Not too many options available on the website on the surface of it but lots of sub-options available when you dig deeper....
Thanks for posting this.
cheers
Ian
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Fantastic looking strap that, a perfect match. As a fan of rubber straps I’m gonna give them a go - I’ve been on the website and seen a rally style rubber - I’m hoping he can do me a 2 piece one with low profile hardware and some contrast stitching.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

time_lizard wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:14 pm Des, you have to chat with Alex. He can actually do much more than is shown in his shop.
In fact the recommendation came from tikkathree here in the forum, for a brass-leather strap.
But Alex does not do leather straps any more :( so I went for rubber instead - which was a good choice for a diver watch anyway.
Although it is pretty thin material for the clunky Helson - Alex confirmed its strength and safety.
Thanks for the mention. I'm sad that Alex has so streamlined his range of strap materials - he used to do some brilliant bicolour leather straps; the black leather here is in fact red lined.

Different finishes of rubber, different colour stitching and different colour/finish hardware and of course two-piece as well as nato/zulus.

Oops! Forgot one!
20210703_165120.jpg
Attachments
20210703_165941.jpg
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

tikkathree wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:57 pm
Different finishes of rubber, different colour stitching and different colour/finish hardware and of course two-piece as well as nato/zulus.
Beautiful straps! I was after the brown leather with brass shown left in your picture.
But he does two-piece NATOs, which is excellent if you have a thick watch like mine or a bottom glass window to admire the machine room of your watch :thumbup: