MKIII Bracelet Half-Links Are In!

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: MKIII Bracelet Half-Links Are In!

Post by Bident »

Update: I just received an email from customer service and CW has confirmed there are two different sizes, and that the correctly sized half links will be shipped to me. For those who also received the half links with apertures/pins/collars that are too small, I would contact customer service if you want replacements.
Best regards,
John
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

At least it's not a manufacturing issue, anyway.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Bident wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:57 pm Update: I just received an email from customer service and CW has confirmed there are two different sizes, and that the correctly sized half links will be shipped to me. For those who also received the half links with apertures/pins/collars that are too small, I would contact customer service if you want replacements.
Thanks for the update… I’ve just ordered five sets of half links, so will check them on arrival.
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

^^^^ :thumbup:
Best regards,
John
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

My half links arrived today. That was pretty quick. I was on my way out the door at the time, so I won’t get to mess with them until Thursday when I get home.
Drew
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:20 am My half links arrived today. That was pretty quick. I was on my way out the door at the time, so I won’t get to mess with them until Thursday when I get home.
Fingers crossed you received the ones that fit correctly. If not, they're now aware of the issue so you should be able to get it straightened out easily.
Best regards,
John
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

FEA64D51-DE32-4F88-B246-6AADCFF527BD.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:04 pm FEA64D51-DE32-4F88-B246-6AADCFF527BD.jpeg
Funny pic but very frustrating situation.
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 pm
ajax87 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:04 pm FEA64D51-DE32-4F88-B246-6AADCFF527BD.jpeg
Eh, I’m not too worried. It’ll be resolved at some point I’m sure, and it has such a tiny impact on my overall life…

Just curious though, were you able to track the whole way through royalmail.com, or did you get some sort of notification from USPS once it arrived stateside? Or did it just show up mysteriously?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Mine just showed up. As a side note, I sent a note the other day that I thought I got the wrong links and was told very politely that they were aware that some wrong sized links were sent out and that I had an order for a new set of the right size already taken care of. :thumbup:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:37 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 pm
Eh, I’m not too worried. It’ll be resolved at some point I’m sure, and it has such a tiny impact on my overall life…

Just curious though, were you able to track the whole way through royalmail.com, or did you get some sort of notification from USPS once it arrived stateside? Or did it just show up mysteriously?
It just showed up in my mailbox. I don’t know that I got any type of tracking info unless it was in the email about it shipping and I just didn’t notice.
Drew
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:37 pm

Alex,

My first set, the incorrectly sized ones, were sent via Royal Post and had a tracking number. But after the second day of travel stating the parcel left the UK, there were no more updates and the package showed up in my mailbox eventually. It took 2.5 weeks start to finish.

The second set (hopefully correct sizes) also said it had a tracking number but when I click on the emailed link, it says not valid or something to that effect. In my past purchases, that usually occurred when CW used DHL, and I would get a separate text message with the DHL link/tracking number that would work. But no such text this time, and I honestly never expected CW to use DHL for these items.
Best regards,
John
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

I received my new half links yesterday....and....they're still the same, smaller sized apertures/pins/collars :( . I at least now have enough pins and collars to fit the half links to my second bracelet, but I do wonder if this is sufficienty secure.

Emailed CW to let them know the wrong sized half links were sent again. I've requested yet another set with the correctly sized holes and hardware, or if someone at CW can tell me that the smaller pins and collars in the larger holes of the MK3 bracelet's full links are secure enough, then I'm fine with that.
Best regards,
John
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Still haven’t received my half links, a month later. Email sent off to CW this morning.
Alex
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:47 pm Still haven’t received my half links, a month later. Email sent off to CW this morning.
Sounds like they must have been lost in the mail, Alex. Hopefully they'll get a new set out to you soon.

Mike France emailed me this morning (I emailed him as well as Customer Service yesterday). He apologized for the wrong half links being sent out yet again, and a third set has been sent, hopefully this time correctly sized. He was very gracious and obviously very helpful in expediting the matter.
Best regards,
John