MKIII Bracelet Half-Links Are In!

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

MKIII Bracelet Half-Links Are In!

Post by rkovars »

I emailed customer service on June 28 and was informed that half links for the MKIII bracelets are in. I have sets coming in for my C65 Dartmouth, C60 and C65 Super Compressor. I would have gladly ponied up for them but they are being sent at no charge. Top notch customer service! :thumbup:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: MKIII Bracelet Half-Links Are In!

Post by ajax87 »

Thanks for the tip! I’ll shoot them an email. Need one for the ol’ Super Compressor.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

My request for half links has been submitted. I don’t know that I need them in terms of overall size of the bracelet. I’m hoping they will allow for a slightly better placement of the clasp on the underside of my wrist. We’ll see.
Drew
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

On another forum there's a suggestion that CW are now charging for the half-links to be sent out. I can understand why- now the cat's out of the proverbial there must be many folk pinging Customer Services and they've been footing the costs and postage so far. There has also been a mention of difficulty fitting them to the bracelet though I've not had any trouble with my C60s- will be interesting if anyone else has a problem.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

richtel wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:48 am On another forum there's a suggestion that CW are now charging for the half-links to be sent out.
Interesting. The reply email I received when I first inquired was just vague enough in its wording that I wondered if there was going to be a charge. I’ll post again when I hear back.
Drew
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Although I received my half links free, I was prepared to pay.
And I don’t think it’s unreasonable for CW to charge, given the number of requests that they are likely to receive.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

TheBeatles wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:34 pm I was prepared to pay.
Same here. I was actually a bit surprised to hear they were sending them out for free.

TheBeatles wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:34 pm And I don’t think it’s unreasonable for CW to charge, given the number of requests that they are likely to receive.
Exactly why I was/am prepared to pay.

The interesting bit is that I’m not 100% sure I really need them. Currently the bracelet is sized with the micro adjuster at the center position being also most spot on, allowing room to adjust either way. However, I just can seem to find a totally comfortable fit. I’m constantly adjusting the micro adjustment. This doesn’t happen with my other CW on a bracelet. I’m hoping half links will allow me to position the clasp a little better so that the fit & feel will be a little better. We’ll see….
Drew
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

TheBeatles wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:34 pm Although I received my half links free, I was prepared to pay.
And I don’t think it’s unreasonable for CW to charge, given the number of requests that they are likely to receive.
My half-link for my Speedmaster cost me an unreasonable amount of money. Charging a presumably fair price is not only very reasonable, but expected.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Wondering for those US based members who received their half links, how long did it take to reach you? I ordered half links on July 5 and they were despatched July 6, but I have yet to receive them. Royal Post tracker stopped updating July 7 saying the package left the UK, but no further updates since then. Estimated delivery was July 14 to July 16, and the current updated status now says "Closed by system NO DELV CONF RECD" (their all caps, not mine).

I'll wait until end of this week and email customer service, but sounds like this might be a lost parcel.
Best regards,
John
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

jkbarnes wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:44 pm The interesting bit is that I’m not 100% sure I really need them. Currently the bracelet is sized with the micro adjuster at the center position being also most spot on, allowing room to adjust either way. However, I just can seem to find a totally comfortable fit. I’m constantly adjusting the micro adjustment. This doesn’t happen with my other CW on a bracelet. I’m hoping half links will allow me to position the clasp a little better so that the fit & feel will be a little better. We’ll see….
I have the same issue, but I did find putting my CW bracelets on with the clasp reversed made it comfortable throughout the day. The folding elbow part of the clasp being on the inside of my wrist made all the difference, because with the clasp sitting the "normal" way, the folding part was not centered and the elbow part was a bit too far to the outside of the wrist.

I think having a half link as the last link before the clasp on the inner part of my wrist will center it better, and allow for the clasp to be the "normal" way, so that's why I decided to order them. However, it probably will mean I have to extend the micro adjust fully. I can't be sure until I try it out with the half links (been waiting a while, see above).
Best regards,
John
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Bident wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:51 am Wondering for those US based members who received their half links, how long did it take to reach you? I ordered half links on July 5 and they were despatched July 6, but I have yet to receive them. Royal Post tracker stopped updating July 7 saying the package left the UK, but no further updates since then. Estimated delivery was July 14 to July 16, and the current updated status now says "Closed by system NO DELV CONF RECD" (their all caps, not mine).

I'll wait until end of this week and email customer service, but sounds like this might be a lost parcel.
Not exactly the same for me, but I haven’t received mine either. CW despatched mine on 7/6 via Royal Mail, which itself is strange because everything else they send me is via DHL. Tracking shows it left the UK on 7/7, then nothing else.

Tracking currently says “ Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country.”

For reference, I ordered a watch from CW on 7/8 and received that on 7/15 via DHL…

Trying to be patient but I’ll probably email CW if the links aren’t here by the end of the week.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:11 pm
Bident wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:51 am Wondering for those US based members who received their half links, how long did it take to reach you? I ordered half links on July 5 and they were despatched July 6, but I have yet to receive them. Royal Post tracker stopped updating July 7 saying the package left the UK, but no further updates since then. Estimated delivery was July 14 to July 16, and the current updated status now says "Closed by system NO DELV CONF RECD" (their all caps, not mine).

Not exactly the same for me, but I haven’t received mine either. CW despatched mine on 7/6 via Royal Mail, which itself is strange because everything else they send me is via DHL. Tracking shows it left the UK on 7/7, then nothing else.

Tracking currently says “ Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country.”

For reference, I ordered a watch from CW on 7/8 and received that on 7/15 via DHL…

Trying to be patient but I’ll probably email CW if the links aren’t here by the end of the week.
Thanks Alex.
Best regards,
John
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Once a Royal Mail International package has left UK, it can be tracked in the recipient's home mail service tracking system i.e. USPS.

Worth a try, surely.

A word of warning though; the package can sometimes sit in limbo for a while with a message of 'left UK' but nothing more; usually as it is waiting for a suitable aircraft to move it onwards and/or it is in with the recipient's country's Customs service.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:45 pm ^^^^ Once a Royal Mail International package has left UK, it can be tracked in the recipient's home mail service tracking system i.e. USPS.

Worth a try, surely.

A word of warning though; the package can sometimes sit in limbo for a while with a message of 'left UK' but nothing more; usually as it is waiting for a suitable aircraft to move it onwards and/or it is in with the recipient's country's Customs service.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks Guy. I tried USPS tracking service using the tracking number Royal Post provided but it says it is not a valid number. I'll give it another week before asking CW to get involved.
Best regards,
John
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I received a few half links from CW CS the other day.
My C65 Super Compressor is quite tight compared to my other bracelets with the same number of links taken out so I hope the half link will address that, also for some reason my Dartmouth on the bracelet is a bit loose so I'll take out a full link and pop in a half link there to hopefully sort that.
Again it's just nice to now have the option.