MKIII Bracelet Half-Links Are In!

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: MKIII Bracelet Half-Links Are In!

Post by rkovars »

Bident wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:08 pm Third time's the charm for me. Received the new half links (third set) and while I have yet to size my bracelets I can confirm these new half links, pins, and collars are the larger sized versions that fit with the corresponding full links, pins, and collars of my Mk3 bracelets.

Took a long time from start to finish, but I am grateful that CW sent these as complimentary items in the first place. For those in the same boat, I'm sure it will all be resolved to everyone's satisfaction, but it has required a good deal of waiting and patience.
That is encouraging! Knock on wood......
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Katie replied to my email right away, apologized for the mixup and got the correct (hopefully) half links in the mail. It’s a long journey here to the US. Took 4.5 weeks for the first incorrect set to reach me via Royal Mail, so I’m settling in and keeping fingers crossed that these ones are correct!

Credit to customer service though, they’ve been great as always. Those poor CS people must have had their hands full with this.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I still haven’t even messed around with my half links yet! All the frustration others have had has me running scared to even look at them. I need to get on this.
Drew
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Well, third time was not the charm for me. I now have 14 half links with the smaller diameter pins and collars. They only sent 2 in the last one when I need 6. Sent a mail back to customer service so we shall see what happens. Seems like they all got mixed up in the same bin or something. To their credit CS has been great. I feel bad there has been a bunch of time, effort and resources spent and there is no resolution yet.

EDIT: Anyone know where these go? I would be happy to send some to someone who could use them. They are just going to sit in my parts box.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

WELL

Received my second set, still the wrong size :(

I would have had enough parts to cobble together using 2 half links out of the 4, but the second set only included 1 pin for the 2 half links.

Here goes another email to CW…
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

This time they are sending me sets of both part numbers. Hopefully, I will get enough usable parts in this go around. From the order, it is clear that we are getting the wrong links.

Screenshot 2021-08-18 092719.png

In an effort to figure out where these go, I remembered that I have a C65 bracelet with quick adjust but no quick-release spring bars. I bought it in late 2019 I think. Took out the calipers and yep, it has 1mm pins. At least I can use 1 of the half links! :lol:

ajax87 let me know how you make out. I would gladly send you a couple of more of the smaller ones if you want them. I have plenty! :wave:
Jack London
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Been out of town and just catching up on threads here…

My first set of too small half links said they were the 1.1mm New ones, but they were in fact the 1.0mm Old ones.

My second set of too small half links said they were 1.0mm Old ones, and they were in fact the 1.0mm Old ones.

My third set of correctly sized half links said they were 1.0mm Old ones, but they were in fact the 1.1mm New ones.

So, I don’t put a lot of faith in CW’s stock keeping system on these half links, and maybe this is related or the cause of the problem. I did email both CS and Mike France the above information so hopefully people are aware of the problem in customer service and will actually check the half links before sending them out now.

Sorry to hear about all the problems, but I do believe it will be eventually fixed. It does require great patience, however.
Best regards,
John
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

rkovars wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:33 pm
In an effort to figure out where these go, I remembered that I have a C65 bracelet with quick adjust but no quick-release spring bars. I bought it in late 2019 I think. Took out the calipers and yep, it has 1mm pins. At least I can use 1 of the half links! :lol:
Interesting. I was hoping that the QR/non-QR might be a good indication of the pin size needed but I seem to recall that when they introduced the QR springbars wasn't that also the time they introduced the slightly reprofiled non-PCL links with slimmer outside segments... in which case the links themselves would be incompatible?
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

richtel wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:02 pm
Interesting. I was hoping that the QR/non-QR might be a good indication of the pin size needed but I seem to recall that when they introduced the QR springbars wasn't that also the time they introduced the slightly reprofiled non-PCL links with slimmer outside segments... in which case the links themselves would be incompatible?
Don't know. I'll have to try.

EDIT: Yep, you are correct sir. Are the bracelets with the new links and 1.0 mm pins rare? 2019 blue Dartmouths?
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

ajax87 let me know how you make out. I would gladly send you a couple of more of the smaller ones if you want them. I have plenty! :wave:
Thanks! CW got me the replacements pretty quick last time, so I’ll see what they get me this time. But I may take you up on your offer if I still don’t have what I need!
Alex
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Success! For my last shipment Katie went ahead and ordered both sizes and sure enough I got both. So now I am all set with 1.1mm pin half linksa at last. I still have a pile of 1.0mm pin half links if anyone needs them!
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Success for me too! Third time was the charm. Just arrived today, all the correct size. Bracelet perfectly sized and ready for the weekend.
Alex
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

It would seem that CW are no longer giving out half links free of charge.

In ordered a bracelet for my trident and it arrived on Thursday with no half links supplied. An email to customer services has confirmed that bracelets do not come automatically with half links and if I want to order one it will be £12.50.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
It's not unreasonable charging for extras, but a new watch or bracelet should come with at least one half link fitted. Two ideally to standardise the default bracelet design. IMO
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

My C60 Sapphire Orange came with two half links fitted to it's bracelet.

I must try and get time to fit a half link I got for the 22mm bracelets to my Dartmouth bracelet as it's just too loose on the tight setting of the micro adjustment. Hopefully that will tighten it up nicely as a full extra link is too tight.