Straps & Milanese

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Straps & Milanese

Post by AdDaMan »

What are other peoples thoughts on the fact that the straps and milanese now have no engraving or markings at all on the clasps?
I think its a bit poor to be honest, especially given the price rises of said items.
On the bader clasp its just blank, on an £1800 dress watch. Crazy.

And the milanese is exactly what you can buy fro Staib for way less money?
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Straps & Milanese

Post by JAFO »

I haven't seen a CW Milanese. The CW Bader is engraved within the clasp, which helps as you can then use it with non CW watches as a much cheaper and equally good alternative to an OEM strap. ( If you don't want to advertise the CW branding)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I bought some CW straps recently, and all the straps with buckles are engraved “Christopher Ward”. The bader deployant has the CW marking in the inside arm, keeping the outer part clean looking for a dressier look. I don’t have any issue with those.

The mesh is another story. Buy elsewhere online to get the same exact staib bracelet for cheaper and with more length options. Although, there was a recent CW strap sale where they were selling for about the same price as elsewhere online, maybe even a little cheaper.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Sorry I can’t help here, Adam. I tried chainmail once, and found it both uncomfortable and depilatory. I will stick to the Lorica Segmentata of the traditional bracelet.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

I too do not like the lack of branding on the Bader or Milanese, CW are missing a trick here. But CW have always had a problem with coherent branding and are still wrestling with it.

Branding aside, the straps (with Bader clasp) and the Milanese are both excellent. For sure the Milanese is sourced from Staib (as do many other top flight manufacturers) and with good reason - they are the best. It is not true to say one can buy directly from Staib for less money (they do not sell direct) though it is possible to save a little with judicious shopping around, if you can be bothered.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)