Leather NATO Strap from Crown & Buckle

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Leather NATO Strap from Crown & Buckle

Post by rkovars »

This strap option from Worn and Wound on a Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Skin got me thinking that a black leather NATO would look really sharp on the C65 GMT steel.

I found this black kangaroo leather one from C&B. I have always found C&B stuff to be really good quality. This NATO is no exception. The leather is nice and thin so it isn't too bulky on the wrist. I think it makes the steel and orange GMT hand really stand out. A little on the pricey side for a strap but not over the top for a leather option. The length is great for my 7.5 in wrist. There is just enough to tuck behind both keepers so perfect.
20210527_202350006_iOS (2).jpg

On wrist.

20210527_202706975_iOS (2).jpg
I am very pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend it. I also got a brown one. My only complaint with it is that I wish it had matching brown stitching instead of a contrasting black. But it still works on the watch that I bought it for.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Leather NATO Strap from Crown & Buckle

Post by jkbarnes »

That looks outstanding! I’ll be curious to hear how this strap ages. I had a leather NATO ages ago, but it didn’t hold up well at all. I’m a fan of C&B nylon NATOs but have no experience with their leather NATOs. Send an update my way at some point, please!
Drew
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Leather NATO Strap from Crown & Buckle

Post by rkovars »

Will do. Kangaroo is extremely tough. I think that is what allows them to be thinner. I treated them with leather products I have from Pad & Quill so that should help as well.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London