Mid-day strap change?

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Mid-day strap change?

Post by jkbarnes »

I know a number of forum members frequently change watches during the day (I’m looking at you @Thunder1!), but does anyone keep the same watch on while changing the strap during the day? I’m finding myself both changing watches AND occasionally changing straps on a watch during the day.

I started my day today with the C65 AMGT LE on a black & red Piccari leather strap for watching qualifying this morning, switched to the Urchin on a nylon strap for yard work, then back to the C65 AM afterwards. I’m heading out to a student celebration tonight and plan on changing just the strap on the C65 for that.

I’d like to assume this is normal behavior....
Drew
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Mid-day strap change?

Post by Bident »

jkbarnes wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:14 pm I’d like to assume this is normal behavior....
100% normal.... :problem:

If you see my CW Of The Day posts (yes, plural) yesterday...my C65 started on the bracelet and ended on the tropic strap. I usually wear a different watch every day rotating through my collection, but strap and bracelet decisions are entirely capricious.
Best regards,
John
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I swap multiple times a day. Today I started wearing my ocean blue SC with orange canvas strap. I then swapped to the black sand SC with khaki canvas strap. I then swapped back to the ocean blue SC but this time with my favourite bright orange nato strap which at the moment is my favourite combo. Tomorrow I will open my watch box and decide on the spur of the moment what to wear. Im thinking the blue c65 trident and maybe with the cw tan leather strap which is a lovely combo :-). I so love my watches and how they help me in my life :-)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Why not? 8)
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Why would you go to the trouble of swapping a strap and NOT put the watch back on?

Perfectly normal, nothing to see here.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I don’t think I would normally change the strap in the middle of the day. The exception might be when I take my Meistersinger on holiday with a range of QR straps, and change the strap for the evening.

Generally I keep the same straps on my watches (and bracelets too) for months on end.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I do with a handful of watches.

However most of the regularly worn stay on the bracelet (permanently), with a couple others of the often worn on a couple of particular straps for each watch without regular changes.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I usually wear 2 or 3 watches each day, but change straps about once a month.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi