Bremont Bracelet Modification

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Bremont Bracelet Modification

Post by iain »

My recently departed Bremont Airco came, and went, on the leather strap. However while it was in my possession I bought a second hand bracelet off eBay for it.

I decided when selling the watch, to keep the bracelet and use it on my S300. However as any Bremont bracelet owner will know, their watches have different end links depending on the model. Also some bracelets are all brushed, whereas others have polished sections.

Of course, the Airco had to be brushed and polished with the S300 being all brushed. However I purchased the S300 end links anyway.

So a few hours spent taping up and polishing the end links has resulted in this new bracelet for my S300. It’s also unique in that it’s a Supermarine without an all brushed bracelet. Looks great and gives a change from the rubber and nato options.

CD6DDB63-1425-4C77-A2C7-03B301C4015F.jpeg

A98A7F20-3EFF-4C75-891B-106A1CAF92F0.jpeg

045F5DC0-C806-444A-9BD8-A9CF589E30AD.jpeg

E2BB1BBE-411B-4BB2-BCAB-F85FCD82F731.jpeg
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Bremont Bracelet Modification

Post by H0rati0 »

well worth the graft IMO - looks excellent!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Indeed. Looks great!! Well done.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

That looks fabulous Iain; great job. :clap: :clap:

Make me want to get a bracelet for my Supermarine S2000. :-k :-k

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:16 pm Make me want to get a bracelet for my Supermarine S2000.
I’d go and try one on to the bracelet before you buy. The bracelets are the one area where Bremont isn’t that great.

I’m not sure about the S2000 as I think the new ones come with some sort of micro adjustment, but most do not. I’m happy with mine and second hand it wasn’t that bad, but full price for a Bremont bracelet is quite a steep ask.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Bahnstormer_vRS

^^^^ Yes, Iain, the Bremont bracelet (new) is a steep ask.

A good job I didn't let the beer and a couple of glasses of port I had last night get the better of me. :lol: :lol:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

downer

Post by downer »

Good job, Iain. Bremont bracelets are definitely overpriced and under-engineered (unless they have been improved in the last year or two), but ultimately, for my wrists at least, the S300/Bracelet is an extremely comfortable fit. There is sufficient weight and balance to be able to wear it reasonably loose (my preference), without the watch moving too much.

Actually your thread title reminded me of my own Bremont bracelet modification... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16610
Richard
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinks that the Bremont bracelets aren't great, i.e. and for clarification, it's not the bracelet itself but the fitment.
It's a similar scenario with my SOLO-43 with regards to the link ends and fitment to the case - they don't line up and integrate properly with the lugs. (As can also be see with Iain's S300 above).
It's actually something that I fed back to Bremont stating that, at their price point, they really should be looking at their Bracelet fitments.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

downer wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:51 am Actually your thread title reminded me of my own Bremont bracelet modification...
I didn’t realise Bremont once didn’t even have half links. With the limited adjustment with the (now) three holes I find I wouldn’t mind some micro adjustment. It’s mostly good, but in hot weather it’s a fraction too tight. With no half links and only two holes on the clasp, I think I would have given up with the bracelet.
StrapMeister wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:58 am I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinks that the Bremont bracelets aren't great, i.e. and for clarification, it's not the bracelet itself but the fitment.
It's a similar scenario with my SOLO-43 with regards to the link ends and fitment to the case - they don't line up and integrate properly with the lugs. (As can also be see with Iain's S300 above).
It's actually something that I fed back to Bremont stating that, at their price point, they really should be looking at their Bracelet fitments.
Personally I don’t find the fitting bad, the thing I would like to see is a better colour match. The hardened case and normal bracelet are a shade out in tone. I don’t see how they could resolve this without hardening their bracelets as well but that would take it to a whole other price point I think many wouldn’t stomach.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Ok, so let's do a comparison...
  • C60 Trident Pro 600 43mm Automatic, C60-42-AUTO-SVKK-S, Original Price £725.00 (info. from the CW Archive)
    vs
  • BREMONT SOLO 43 White Bracelet, SOLO-43-PWR, Original Price £3,395
Comparison 01.JPG
Comparison 02.JPG
Comparison 03.JPG
Comparison 04.JPG
Which one is better :!: :?:
...imo, a watch at 4 1/2 times the price should have a much better bracelet fitment.

P.S. The devil is in the details and this is something that I have pointed out in person to BREMONT.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

^^^^^ Those on the solo look a lot worse than mine. Both the S300 and the Airco endlinks didn’t protrude beyond the lugs of either watch.

Now I see yours I can see the issue. As mine don’t stick out, personally I feel they look a lot batter and I don’t have an issue with the fit.
Bahnstormer_vRS

There's one Bremont Bracelet solution for my Supermarine S2000 which is to use a Milanese mesh.

This perhaps goes against the general ethos of the Brand and I'm not sure what the English brothers will think of it.

Guy

PS> apologies Iain if we're going slightly off topic.

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

well done Iain....looks very professional
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy