NATO's

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

NATO's

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

Any recommendations where to look for cheap NATO's? I normally use cheapestnatostraps but they seem low on stock right now
Neil
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: NATO's

Post by jkbarnes »

I’ve been very pleased with Crown & Buckle’s standard NATOs. They’re pretty cheap and they offer a discount when ordering 3 or more (at least, they used to). I have no experience with their more expensive NATOs.
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I get my 'Cheap' NATOs from ukwatchstrap.co.uk and they are pretty good quality too (I've had cheap ones from cheapstrapnatos and, to me, there's a reason they are cheap).

On a slightly higher level I go to Watchgecko.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by neilj568 »

Watchgecko for me - not especially cheap but good length at 300mm
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Try Phoenix NATO straps - not too expensive. I believe that they are actually the issue item and therefore genuine NATO straps rather than 'homages'.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Generally speaking I go to WatchGecko, however, I recently purchased this NATO strap (https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collec ... 3470229513) from WatchObsession and the additional cost for the premium version was definitely worth it.
Father Goose
CW-watches: 0

Post by Father Goose »

I've been very happy with Barton as I prefer the RAF style keeper. They have standard nylon and seatbelt: https://www.bartonwatchbands.com
Watchbox: Hamilton, Christopher Ward*, Seiko, Dan Henry
History: Jaeger-LeCoultre, Girard-Perregaux, Rolex, Omega, Tudor, NOMOS, Longines, Oris, Frederique Constant, Glycine, Tissot, Orient
Admit-to-IM

Post by Admit-to-IM »

I have used straps from Islander, Barton, Crown & Buckle, and some no-name brand on Amazon.
The C&B premium are solid, inexpensive straps. They have some great color options (khaki, olive, brown etc) that I'm a big fan of.

The C&B Supreme are the best straps I've used. They are very supple and have a shiny seatbelt nato look that I like. They are pricier than others but worth it.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I have some from almost all of the mentions above. Some that haven't been mentioned but have good quality straps are:

BluShark

Strap Mill Canada

These straps are really great. Nice long length. Solid buckle. Sliding extra keeper. Very close to the OEM straps from big brands. Can't recommend these enough.

Mora Straps

A place that carries a lot of different brands:

Holben's

NATO's designed on racing livery colors. These can be fun for race fans:

Campionato Bands

Believe it or not these are great. Not exactly cheap but not super expensive either. Great quality. Cool designs. Support for an independent creator.

Bark and Jack

Quality straps at a reasonable price. Great selection of NATOs with prints if that is your thing. Also check out the watch box pillows.

Vario

I haven't purchased from here. Not cheap but they look to be very good quality:

Phenomenato

I have personally purchased straps from all of the above except for the last one. All had super fast shipping and are putting out great quality products.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

The problem now for us in the UK is potential VAT and customs handling charges. BREXIT has slammed the door shut on those days when you could just order a couple of Barton bands at minimal additional cost. We're now faced with VAT at 20% and a customs handling charge in the order of £10. Some orders will obviously slip through but most won't. Buying one or two straps now from outside the UK is likely to incur charges that could almost double the cost. Now I know that for transactions below about £135 the 'market place' seller is meant to register with HMRC and handle all this on our behalf, but how many small sellers of straps are going to do that!

So one of the 'great benefits' of BREXIT is that I'm no longer going to buy straps form any of these fine providers. It's now UK only, which is a fairly shallow pool of options.
Tim
couryj

Post by couryj »

I've had good experiences with Archer watch straps. They are very cheap and can be purchased on Amazon.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

^^^ Barton watch bands are also available on Amazon. Not quite the full range, but getting there. Watch Obsession in Aberystwyth do canvas straps that look just like Barton.
Shipping from the U.S. (Barton) surely always attracted taxes and handling fees, not being in the EU?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Aren't Archer and Barton sister brands?

Cheap, yes; for a reason. I've tried them and don't like them.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
time_lizard
Senior
Senior

Post by time_lizard »

B & R Bands (bandrbands.com) has quite a NATO selection in the $12-$24 price range.
They are US and do not carry the Brexit-penalty for you, I guess?

I ordered some unique "Hook N' Loop" straps with them to try out - but for me on the continent they have the VAT & cutoms penalty and long postage wait time :problem:
sjedwardz
Junior
Junior

Post by sjedwardz »

I like the watchobsession nato straps. They are good quality and one advantage is they don’t stretch when wet like some.

They are in Aberystwyth so not extra charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk