Reattaching C65 bracelet

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
graemeharrison
CW-watches: 1

Reattaching C65 bracelet

Post by graemeharrison »

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but as a new CW owner, I have a question about the quick-release bracelet on my C65 Trident. Getting it off is really easy, but getting it back on (getting the tabs pushed in and then aligning it) seems really fiddly. On the CW video, it seemed super easy, but the one time I did it, it took me many tries to do it and I'm worried about scratching the watch. Any tips from anyone?

Cheers, Graeme
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Reattaching C65 bracelet

Post by ajax87 »

I can’t remember where I read this on here and can’t find the thread, but this is what has worked best for me: attach the bracelet with the watch face up, holding the case with one hand, and with the other, squeeze the QR pins with thumb and middle finger on the underside, and use the index finger on top of the end link as a guide.

Good luck.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

What works best for me is to hold everything watch face upwards, pinch the tabs, and manoeuvre the watch head onto the bracelet end - move the watch head more than the bracelet. Once you’ve got the bracelet end aligned between the lugs, it’s possible to give the tabs a bit of a wiggle and get the spring bar engaged properly.

There’s definitely a knack, but once you find what works for you it’ll be a breeze!
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

graemeharrison wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:37 pm I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but as a new CW owner, I have a question about the quick-release bracelet on my C65 Trident. Getting it off is really easy, but getting it back on (getting the tabs pushed in and then aligning it) seems really fiddly. On the CW video, it seemed super easy, but the one time I did it, it took me many tries to do it and I'm worried about scratching the watch. Any tips from anyone?

Cheers, Graeme
Hi Graeme,

I posted some pictures a while ago when I first received my QR bracelet, but I found a thread on my first search where they were reposted by Guy: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=53443&p=801016&hil ... et#p801016

Hope this helps!

Best,
JP
Best regards,
John
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I know the feeling, Graeme. It just has to be positioned precisely so the the pins latch correctly. I don't do it if I can avoid it.
All I can say is, if you think the quick release is difficult, imagine how hard it is with a standard bracelet, and a pin tool. :D

The single pusher mechanisms that brands such as Omega are coming up with seem a bit easier still to me.
graemeharrison

Post by graemeharrison »

Thanks so much everyone. It's great that this forum is so vibrant and helpful. I was trying to do it looking at the bottom of the watch. Once I turned it over, it was a lot easier!
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I found that I had to use my thumb and finger nails to pinch the tabs towards the center. I really had tohave the pins recesses on both sides to fit the end link between the lugs. Next time should be easier 😀
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

graemeharrison wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:03 pm Thanks so much everyone. It's great that this forum is so vibrant and helpful. I was trying to do it looking at the bottom of the watch. Once I turned it over, it was a lot easier!
And avoid stimulants for 24 hours beforehand :lol: all that stuff about a stiff drink to steady the nerves: you don't want shaky hands on this job. Celebrate afterwards. :wave:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Should be really quick and easy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubC4fLGqw-k
hgercek

Post by hgercek »

How are we supposed to replace the springbars when it is necessary?