CW 22mm Cordovan

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

CW 22mm Cordovan

Post by JAFO »

It's no good. I couldn't resist the 15% spring time offer. I had to get a Cordovan strap in 22mm this time. At least it's once in a lifetime for a few 22mm watches. :D

Mind you CW is a bargain in comparison with some.

Raymond Weill want £200 for a new strap with no clasp.
Omega break their alligator strap at £520 down to leather £305 and clasp (bader style) £215.
It's not only Stella Artois that's reassuringly expensive.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: CW 22mm Cordovan

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

. . ...and you are able to wear the CW Cordovan with Bader on any of the other brands you mentioned and, outwardly, no-one will be any the wiser as there are no markings on the Bader.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tralls
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Post by tralls »

I really like Fluco cordovan straps. They provide the straps for Nomos and they are super affordable in the states: https://holbensfinewatchbands.com/colle ... l-cordovan
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:27 pm . . ...and you are able to wear the CW Cordovan with Bader on any of the other brands you mentioned and, outwardly, no-one will be any the wiser as there are no markings on the Bader.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I don't think omega have any 22mm watches. They don't have any 22mm straps for sale anyway. I already have a nice soft leather strap on the RW. I know where the CW is going though. It was really a price comparison intended to show the fantastic value represented by the CW straps. They are my absolute favourite straps. It's a shame CW have stopped doing all the colours and sizes they used to.

The following article actually made me salivate, although I much prefer the lined CW Cordovan Straps.

http://strapsense.com/2018/05/04/hodink ... tch-strap/
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

tralls wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 pm I really like Fluco cordovan straps. They provide the straps for Nomos and they are super affordable in the states: https://holbensfinewatchbands.com/colle ... l-cordovan
I've got a Rios Cordovan as well as my CW ones. It cost less, the leather is lovely, but it falls down in comparison. I just love the QR pins, and the Bader/Omega clasps on the CW straps. I won't buy any straps without QR pins now.
tralls
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Post by tralls »

JAFO wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:06 am
tralls wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 pm I really like Fluco cordovan straps. They provide the straps for Nomos and they are super affordable in the states: https://holbensfinewatchbands.com/colle ... l-cordovan
I've got a Rios Cordovan as well as my CW ones. It cost less, the leather is lovely, but it falls down in comparison. I just love the QR pins, and the Bader/Omega clasps on the CW straps. I won't buy any straps without QR pins now.
Yeah, QR pins are fantastic. In terms of the clasps on straps, I just switch them over as well since they tend to fit aftermarket straps.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well my strap arrived this morning.

One thing I didn't realise until an hour or so ago was the gorgeous smell, like a pair of new shoes. You can't take a picture of the scent, but it would be great to bottle it .
hgercek

Post by hgercek »

JAFO wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:18 pm Well my strap arrived this morning.

One thing I didn't realise until an hour or so ago was the gorgeous smell, like a pair of new shoes. You can't take a picture of the scent, but it would be great to bottle it .
What is the size of the Bader deployant? I just ordered a 20mm Cordovan strap and it turned out that the strap is not tapered and the deployant clasp is also 20mm. I was expecting the clasp to be 18mm. That makes it useless with other straps.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I have various CW cordovan straps and they all taper.
18/16 (not sold now), 20/18 and 22/20.

Clean lines, smooth leather, QR pins, and Bader clasps.

Mine are all from the last 2 years or less. The 20/18 and 22/20 are this year. Stamped hand crafted shell cordovan 20ST and 22ST respectively, with twin flag logo, but no CW branding. I just rechecked, (measured them) and the above sizes are correct.

I wouldn't want straight straps. I regard these as dress straps, they need a taper. I actually wouldn't mind the 22/20 being 22/18. It's not clear on the website though.

I would contact CW. It sounds wrong to me.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

This is the 22/20 I got today. It's hard to see as there's a perspective issue, but these are 22/20. The near end is 20mm.
IMG_20210318_100946969_HDR~2.jpg
hgercek

Post by hgercek »

JAFO wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 am I have various CW cordovan straps and they all taper.
18/16 (not sold now), 20/18 and 22/20.

Clean lines, smooth leather, QR pins, and Bader clasps.

Mine are all from the last 2 years or less. The 20/18 and 22/20 are this year. Stamped hand crafted shell cordovan 20ST and 22ST respectively, with twin flag logo, but no CW branding. I just rechecked, (measured them) and the above sizes are correct.

I wouldn't want straight straps. I regard these as dress straps, they need a taper. I actually wouldn't mind the 22/20 being 22/18. It's not clear on the website though.

I would contact CW. It sounds wrong to me.
Interesting. I contacted CW. They told me that the 20mm Cordovan strap tapers but no, mine does not, as you can see in the picture below. I think the new Bader clasp with no logo, comes only in a standard 20mm on all straps, so the 22mm strap tapers to 20mm and the 20mm one does not taper. Other than that I am very satisfied with the clasp, it fits my 6 inch wrist very well. I think I will get an aftermarket Omega style deployant for my 18mm straps.

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

A straight one must be an error. I would return it or request a discount, personally

My 20/18 are 1 black and 1 blue. I bought them as NN in the recent strap sale, and I am pretty sure they are the latest versions. The black looked unused, but the blue was slightly creased on the reverse, and had clearly been on a watch.
hgercek

Post by hgercek »

JAFO wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:45 am A straight one must be an error. I would return it or request a discount, personally

My 20/18 are 1 black and 1 blue. I bought them as NN in the recent strap sale, and I am pretty sure they are the latest versions. The black looked unused, but the blue was slightly creased on the reverse, and had clearly been on a watch.
That makes things even more confusing. I will message CW again with the picture and see what they say.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Here's 3 pictures of one of my 20/18s

The size at the watch head is 20mm.
The size at the clasp is 18mm
The third picture shows the design on the reverse of the strap.
I think it's easier to see the taper on this last one
Blue20-1.jpg
Blue20-2.jpg
Blue20-3.jpg
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lu.. »

Sorry for reviving this thread, but was interested in getting the black 22mm Cordovan Leather Strap with the deployment and have 2 questions:

https://www.christopherward.com/straps/ ... nical-data

- the technical date indicates "Marine-grade stainless steel Bader deployant with 'Christopher Ward' engraving"...is this true? Pics I've seen do not show it.

- length indicates 110mm, what is the length of the other side of the strap? I have a 7.25" wrist size and want to use it on my C65....don't want to buy it only to find out it's too small....typically for my wrist size a 200mm total length is recommended.....maybe the "110mm" is a typo and should be 210mm?
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133