Bracelet adjustment on my new C60

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
matt_417

Bracelet adjustment on my new C60

Post by matt_417 »

Hi everyone,

Just took delivery of my C60 limited edition but forgot to donthe bracelet adjustment at checkout (school boy I know). Can anyone let me know how to adjust?
These users thanked the author matt_417 for the post:
Skypooch
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Bracelet adjustment on my new C60

Post by JAFO »

Sorry about this. You are going to need tools
Watch the video below. There will be a collar inside the centre link of the bracelet, and they are dead easy to lose.
Relatively easy to get them out. Very much harder to get them back in. Some seem easy to put back, but in my experience, they aren't that easy.

Watch Marc here first. Just about the best instruction I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwr3kkLKjqo

Note that a seiko bracelet is slightly different to a CW one. There's no arrows on a CW bracelet, because the pin is symmetrical, and it's the same from either side. The arrows are so you push the pin through and out of the collar. If you push the wrong way you can push the pin further into the collar, and your push tool just isn't long enough to push it all the way through.

To shorten a bracelet, you take out two pins, one at each end of section you want to remove, and then rejoin the bracelet with one of the pins and collars you just took out. You ought to remove links from both sides of the strap rather than all links from one side. as you want to keep the clasp central on your wrist.

If you don't fancy doing it, try a jeweller, or a watch battery guy on the local market. He can probably do it for less.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Skypooch
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

I bought a "pin pusher" from ebay to help resize mine. It made it much easier.

And then a careful final pull with some pliers to get the pin all the way out.
matt_417

Post by matt_417 »

Thats awesome, thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated!!!! Think I will but some tools, could do with adjusting one off my other watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Not all watches are pins and collars

The easiest are screws. Another alternative is cotter pins/split pins.